so now we have a protaganist.,,but for all we know its only for the site
nice pic, one sec...yep my pants are pissed in.
WOW!! pretty cool cant wait!! nice pic
Still. Rapture doesn't look so good. For one with no one left to repare it Rapture wouldn't have lasted all that long. Then again, didn't we see a Big Daddy doing some repairs during the initial decent to Rapture, or am I going nuts?
I believe they did double up as repairmen, so if there were no little sisters left then they may have turned to repairing and tried to restore Rapture.Still. Rapture doesn't look so good. For one with no one left to repare it Rapture wouldn't have lasted all that long. Then again, didn't we see a Big Daddy doing some repairs during the initial decent to Rapture, or am I going nuts?
Well it looks nice. I'll be giving it a blast when it is released but didn't the original creators move onto another project?
sites updated again, abductions in miami this time
edit: my mistake, lights seen in Miami kidnappings in Savannah Georgia, 3 this time
Last edited by riderkid; 03-11-2009 at 10:12 PM.
GameInformer subscribers have leaked the first details of highly anticipated sequel BioShock 2, including the revelation that co-op will be available, and that there will be NO Big Daddies at all. Strap yourself in for full details, and be aware that spoilers lie ahead.
BioShock 2 tells the story of a private investigator named Jack Abbott, whose daughter is kidnapped by the "Big Sister" character as shown on GameInformer's cover. Abbott pursues the creature by boat and confronts her, but is knocked unconscious and awakes in a certain famous underwater city, which is in even worse shape than it was before, thanks to seven years of ruination between this game and the last.
Things go from bad to worse when a Soviet submarine uncovers Rapture and gets introduced to ADAM -- the precious genetic resource of the first game -- and plan to use it against the Americans in the ensuing Cold War. Jack's forced to defend Rapture and safeguard ADAM from the nefarious Commies.
Hit the jump for more details.
Russian enemies are said to be far more intelligent than Splicers were, able to use cover and flank players rather than simply running headlong with wrenches in their hands.
There will be a selection of new environments that were unseen in the previous game, including a zoo with a collection of spliced up animals, including a mutated rhino and a giant squid that provides "an epic underwater boss fight." Other enemies include spliced dogs and bipedal robots which Jack will be able to hack for his own use.
As far as Plasmids go, we have two new ones confirmed. One slows down time for a few seconds, and another, far more intriguing one, is telepathy. Telepathy allows you to listen to the thoughts of NPCs, which can be useful for getting information like keypad combinations and the like.
Finally, the game will allow for co-op. That's all we know on multiplayer so far.
What do you think? Do these early details sound good to you? I'm a bit worried, despite my crossed fingers. The plot details sound like they could work, but I'll need to find out more before getting excited. Spliced dogs and rhinos also have potential to be incredibly silly as opposed to scary, so there's that. Co-op and the lack of Big Daddies are two pretty huge things that could dramatically alter the way this game goes.
In short, I don't know what to think. Somebody tell me.
OH THANK GOD YES!!!!!!
This sounds seriously fucking horrible. What have they done to BioShock? So bummed out.
Communists are main enemies...
Big Daddies are gone...
Mutliplayer means the game will likely be built around that crap...
On a side note...wasn't the main character of 1 named Jack?
knowing EA i think the co op is jsut 2 people playing the same vharacter
Co-op has me excited for this. I've always wanted to pick up Bioshock...the demo was awesome. I dunno whether I'll get it for 360 or PS3, but I wanna play it either way, because the sequel sounds like it's gonna be sexy. I used to not care too much about co-op 'til RE5, and now it's one of my favorite things.
dood get COD5 so we can play co op, but wait for my tohughts on the wii
ok here's something even more fucked up guys, THAT news above is fake ...
but the actual GI scans say that you play as the first ever big daddy :S
• You’re a Big Daddy, and you get to use the drill and rivet gun. And you can use plasmids too. You can take little sisters from other Big Daddies and take them around Rapture to collect ADAM like you see happening in BioShock 1.
• The Big Daddy drill takes the place of the wrench. Can spin, but overheats so you can’t run it constantly. You can do the Big Daddy charging shoulder bash. You can heal your hacked turrets/camera bots. Incinerate upgrades let you throw fireballs and shoot a stream of fire. Cyclone trap can be hit with incinerate and become a flaming cyclone trap. Upgrade trees are more diverse to give you more unique options.
• It’s 10 years since the first game. The Big Sister returns to rapture, bringing back the Little Sisters with her. You play as the original Big Daddy. You can use the drill, the rivet gun, and you can still use plasmids.
• Little Sisters have been given a new look to be less creepy, as you’re seeing them from the eyes of their protectors. You don’t get your own Little Sister from the start, as you’re a renegade Big Daddy. So you fight other Big Daddies to get your own sister. You can still harvest them, but the other option has been changed to “adopt” instead of rescue. If you adopt the sister, she’ll ride on your shoulders, and you can go around Rapture looking for corpses for her to collect ADAM from. When your sister goes to harvest ADAM, a wave of Splicers will come and start attacking to try and harvest her. You have to hold them off until she finishes harvesting. You gain some ADAM from this, but not enough to tide you through the game. You can permanently rescue them, but the article doesn’t say how.
• The Big Sister is one of the surviving little sisters from the last game. She’s the new ruler of Rapture, and is the main antagonist of the game. With each Big Daddy you kill, the game lets you know how close you are to incurring the wrath of the Big Sister. When you do, the little sister you’re with will sing a song about how the Big Sister doesn’t want you playing with her, then you get jumped.
• Other info: Vita Chambers return, there is confirmed multiplayer(no details), audio logs are back, and Fontaine Futuristics is a level in the game.
Last edited by A-J; 03-14-2009 at 05:22 AM.
...now, see, this sounds more like a mini game than an actual game. Playing as a Big Daddy? Having a team of Little Sisters? What the blue hell?
Still, it sounds a bit better than fighting communish Russia to save world freedom.
I think playing as the original Big Daddy will be really cool - he's going to be different since he's the prototype. And I don't think you'll be allowed more than one little Sister at a time.
I'm really interested by the Big Sister. She sounds really Nemesis like from the sounds of things, which I think is awesome.
I guess we can call it the skinny daddy now lolollololololololl.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)