No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4 Trial/Demo Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah, that's ridiculous. What the hell is up with the rapid fire animations?

Comment

Speed X9

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
        rsteinke, thanks for that Ill update the article and credit you. While I was capturing footage for the next updates I decided that since its gonna be a while, I made a small video you guys can check out at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFW0Qpxa88c
        Bear in mind I'm just best guessing. It seems right for what I'm seeing there, even if it's just for the programmers to double check things initally. I could probably make a more educated guess if I could see how the pages change as the game is playing. My advice is to watch the pages for changes while playing.

Just out of curiosity, is this the same debug menu you can get with the Pro Action Replay codes? http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show...&g=7340839&p=7
        Last edited by rsteinke; 04-21-2006, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, is this the same debug menu you can get with the Pro Action Replay codes? http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show...&g=7340839&p=7
          Those AR codes will get the job done, but not completely;)

"I believe things are, a bit more complicated."
          Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-22-2006, 10:53 AM.
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass
            Those AR codes will get the job done, but not completely;)

"I believe things are, a bit more complicated."
            I gathered. I'm guessing that the menu is the same or similar but has to be activated in a different fashon for everything to function properly.

Comment

I'm guessing that the menu is the same or similar but has to be activated in a different fashon for everything to function properly.
              You got it.

My guess would be that the AR cheat only activates part of the debug menu(s), but not in their entirety, plus not to mention not all debug menus can be used with the AR cheat.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Added the Optical Video, and added some new info on the pages thanks to rseinke. Will hopefully find time to add more about the other two debug menu's today but dont count on it. Im off to see Silent Hill today.

Comment

Added page 18 just now. Thank god im done with those item's, ripping the avatars takes so much time D:

You can check it out here http://www.thehorrorisalive.com/inde...=re4demos&p=18

Next couple pages should get very interesting, as video's will be required for almost all discoveries from now on

Comment

The blue herb and serum bottle make it seem as if the various snakes, spiders, and/or Novistadors had some kind of poison they could secrete in order to infect you.

Nice to see some image place holders from RER thrown in... I recall a few RER images (developmental ones) that got used in prior builds of RE4, so that doesn't really surprise me much. Capcom likes to reuse old ideas since its cheaper to use old ideas then to come up with new ones ;;

Comment

Hello new here, caught a glimsp of your re4 proof-of-concept. I see the video outlining your success with the RE4 trial debug menu, and wanted to know a bit more on it.

I, myself had done some poking around, and wasted a few dvd testing theories. i know that the DOL for the trial version contains a TOC of files not in the actually TOC nor the on the disc itself. and I find that these files are some what simular to thoses of Biohazard4's and could very possibly be combined with RE4 trials files to prevent RE4 trial from locking from bad debug functions.
                      But of course i had no success in rebuilding the image as i just did not have anymore knowledge past the GC-Linux tools and the GC-Tool by paradox. I must also say mark has done a great deal of hacking to pick apart all the RE's for GC.

Now i come here in hopes to find out some truth and status on your debugging discoveries. though i hear you may have had a run in with capcom (eu) i still can't help wonder what I did wrong, 1 year ago.

There were elements i've seen and done myself, but there was also some other stuff I have never seen before. for instance, the cameo mod, seems you been playing with the rendering engine?

anyway can i get the scoop on how you may put it "unlocked the secerts of the debug menu"? and how to replicate this myself and properly fix the debug menu as you've mentioned.

-mariokart64n
                      chow*

Comment

hey i'm totally new here, and i can't get any info, the admin dot50cal has directed me to this feature forum, which has been down for almost 2days now. and it be a lot easier if i could get a straight anwser from somebody. just quickly explained to me why everybodies soo stuck up, and wheres all this about the RE4 demo. cause after harassing him 3 times and getting banned on AIM, i'm still waiting for anwsers.

>i know something amazing has happned here, but i don't know what, how, or why you stopped. nor why all the info is gone.

umm so yeah why is everyone ignoring this kind of insightly fact, any buddy notice the insane number of guests visting, your little RE4 video really caught some attention, i don't understand what all this shutting out is for.

anyway (click sneaky face....)

the re4 demo's debug has been common for years now, starting with just editing a txt file would result in an actiavation of DBG.
                        plz can somebody PM, i'm very interested in this gamecube stuff.

Comment

You asked me how Mark and I did it, and I told you I cant discuss that. The most we'll do is release the GCM's once the trial feature is over.

Creative labs are asshats and are making me go through this long process of RMA, which is why I havent been updating it as I have no ability to capture sound. Something which is vital for the videos.

Combine that with the fact im working a lot more now, and actually playing games I dont have much time for the site right now. Relax, Im going to be looking into the features page errors soon.

Comment

Who was the admin that banned you from aim?

Comment

dot50cal, i think your still under the impression i know whats happening in the RE scene. i don't know who you Mr asshats are, or what RMA is? assuming your going through some legal process. i think anything involving releasing GCM (copyrighted material) well is very illegal. but composed to my request, where i just wanted to know what you did. this release of well just talk, is not really illegal. files, and words, there is a great difference. i am not after your files, not after a pirate version of RE4, i'm looking for your knowledge, your theory, and your discoveries.
                              >you keep talking to me, like i'm drilling you for your copy of RE4, i only have dailup, how the hell am i pose to download a 1.4GB game!! thats nut what i'm after.

i'm wondering if you have unlocked the features in the image i posted above like the built in TPL viewer and stuff, thats wild O_o
                              >did you DOL hack, did you hack game files, or did u use the aid of AR. did you simply find switches, did you get in joker commands, what sorts of things were really found. does this only work with biohazard 4 trail.

aww i guess thats too much stuff after all, least for know. anyway thankyou for anwsering to my post.

i'll poke around a bit in the DOL, it can't be that hard, its only 2mb. whats inside ? alot of text, and what i hear is data in big endian. ...right...

Comment

>did you DOL hack, did you hack game files, or did u use the aid of AR. did you simply find switches, did you get in joker commands, what sorts of things were really found. does this only work with biohazard 4 trail.
                                Like I said countless times before, I wont be telling anyone the specifics of what we did. Stop this line of questioning. I banned you on aim (three accounts I might add..take a hint) because you keep pestering me about what we did, when its obvious to anyone who reads this thread whats going on. Quit being lazy and do your own legwork, I'm not your personal information box who will summarize what we have done up to this point. That is up to you. I dont have the time or energy for this anymore so if you screw up one more time you're gone.
                                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 05-16-2006, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X