any tactics on reapers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tactics on reapers?

they are pretty hard to defeat without grenade launcher, rocket launcher.

Personally, I think explosive rounds for the grenade launcher work well. However, if you do not have one, I'd lay down a couple proximity mines right before an encounter, then equip a sniper rifle and target the weak spots (white bulbs on chest and back) from far away. Once they get so close I strongly suggest re-locating, as they love to do that brutal "I'm going to stab the crap out of you" instant death move.
    "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
    Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

they can sprey mist that blurs the weak spots, and they appear in narrow places, if you fail to put them down, usually relocating is not an option.
      I knew explosive rounds is one option, it takes 6 shots to put one down. I also tried ice rounds, but they don't work. so is there any other weapons that can take em out before they even reach you?

Comment

I'm not too sure, I would like to see how acid rounds do against them. Other than that, I think their just tough enemies, period lol.
        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Reapers can be defeated if you shoot them in the yellow spots. The first spot to hit is in the chest and it's the hardest one because it is protected by a shell.
          sigpic

Comment

Get as much distance between them as possible, and always fight them one at a time. If you're fighting two in a group, attempt to split them up. Getting too close allows them the chance to do there one hit kill. I'd say the best weapon for them is an upgraded M3 or an upgraded L.Hawk, but any weapon will do, it'll just take longer.

And always hit the yellow spots as aris13 said.

Comment

powerful M3, wait for them to get right up to you so they stand on the two legs, shoot the yellow spot on their stomach. Instant death.

Its very risky, but its the quickest method.

Comment

4 hits.

As they approach you, walk backwards. Soon enough, it will open it's chest, revealing the white weakspot. Shoot it.

It will keel over, and present the weak spot on it's shoulder. Shoot it.
                It will then flinch and present it's other shoulder's weakness. Shoot it.
                It will then arch up over on it's back and walk around in pain. Shoot the massive waist/chest white weak point. It will die. You can kill them in 4 shotgun rounds.

Alternatively, in step 1, your partner can shoot it in the shoulder from behind, as they sometimes open the points on their shoulders. Once that's done, just do step 2, 3 and 4.

Hasn't anyone else discovered this?
                Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 03-20-2009, 04:45 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Apart form shooting them into the blind spots, acid grenade rounds are the best for them ( rocket launcher as well lol ).
                  They sure deserver that name, they killed me the most...

Comment

i usually back off as far as i can and then just shoot them with ak or sig to those white spots.

Comment

I've heard electric rounds are effective.

I personally just use the M3 or the Lightning Hawk, if they don't reveal their weakness (Sometimes they'll just stalk you for ages protecting them) I'll just blast their limbs of or something so they have to regrow them.

Comment

shotgun is the BEST
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I like how with the reapers that shooting the creatures makes its organs/blood ooze out, having the player's visibility being hard to see, as if it was just the first stages of hallucination, like in the 3.5 trailer (I feel safe to say that uroboros was the huge creature, or a variation of it) since its biology is created from the progenitor virus.

Comment

If you've got a heavily upgraded rifle of any type, pumping out what you've got there usually gets one down. But at the end of the day; It's all about the stun rod. Especially if you can get your partner to grab their attention + cover you in general, beating the shit out of them with stun rod is fairly easy.

Comment

Like many said, upgraded M3 is the way to go. I discovered that M3 is the most effective when I used it to fight the reaper in the mercenaries mode

Comment

Working...
                              X