RPD Dispatch Episode 11 - Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch Episode 11 - Resident Evil 5

Cast: John (Dot50Cal) - John (Mr. Spencer) - Chris (Alzaire)
    Special Guest(s): Gene (TheSelfishGene) - Wayne (Randomwab) - Rob (Rombie) - Stian (Carnivol)

Call Ins: None

Start - Apathy Skit & Rundown
    02:39 - Whatcha Been Playing
    67:32 - Resident Evil 5
    142:21 - News
    180:57 - Bloopers

The podcast returns with a 3 hour long edition of the Dispatch. On this episode, we cover a whole lot including Resident Evil 5, the launch of Project Umbrella, Outbreak's resurgance at THIA and much more. This podcast marks the introduction of the Whatcha been playing segment which covers non Resident Evil games as well. Carn talks about Halo Wars and Prince of Persia. After that, John talks about Killzone 2 for a bit. Gene talks a bit about Umbrella Chronicles, and very little on Super Mario RPG now that its available on the VC (basically the first release in Europe). He also touches on Uncharted. Wayne talks about Broken Sword a bit, and Silent Hill now that it got a PSN release in Europe. Finally, the discussion tops out with some Left 4 Dead and a little bit of Silent Hill Homecoming. In the second segment, we discuss all aspects of Resident Evil 5 including the racism issue. For the third segment we discuss a little bit of Biohazard Outbreak, and then, given Takeuchi's comments that RE6 will have to change the formula again, we move on to what we would want for Resident Evil 6. After that, we talk about Darkside Chronicles, the launch of Project Umbrella, and finally we discuss the DLC for pay discussion.

Next Episode: Unknown

Skit Count: 2
    (Apathy - 00:00)
    (Broskis - 141:24)

RPD Dispatch Episode 11
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-24-2009, 11:33 PM.

Whew, done. We'll have it up tomorrow, probably gonna clock in at around 3 hours

Cast: TheSelfishGene, Randomwab, Carnivol, Dot50Cal, Alzaire, Mr. Spencer, Rombie
    Rombie joins in as John leaves after the first segment.

First hour is a What have you been playing segment. Carn talks about Halo Wars and Prince of Persia. After that, John talks about Killzone 2 for a bit. Gene talks a bit about Umbrella Chronicles, and very little on Super Mario RPG now that its available on the VC (basically the first release in Europe). He also touches on Uncharted. Wayne talks about Broken Sword a bit, and Silent Hill now that it got a PSN release in Europe. He and I both discuss Left 4 Dead then a little bit of Silent Hill Homecoming.

The second segment is an hour and a half discussion of all aspects Resident Evil 5. We then dip into the RE5 = RACESTZZZZ! discussion.

For the third segment we discuss a little bit of Biohazard Outbreak, and then, given Takeuchi's comments that RE6 will have to change the formula again, we move on to what we would want for Resident Evil 6. After that, we talk about Darkside Chronicles, the launch of Project Umbrella, and finally we discuss the DLC for pay discussion.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-22-2009, 12:47 AM.

Comment

After that, John talks about Killzone 2 for a bit
      this will be epic.
      Last edited by A-J; 03-22-2009, 03:27 AM.

Comment

I missed out on the What you are playing bit because I was out of the house longer than expected... thankfully it seems like the record started later than planned and I arrived at the exact right time.

One thing I did forget to mention on the recording though was today is the 13th Anniversary since the release of Biohazard in Japan.

Thanks again guys for letting me come in and chat.
        Last edited by Rombie; 03-22-2009, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
          For the third segment we discuss a little bit of Biohazard Outbreak
          I hope that you went into character while talking about Outbreak.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
            this will be epic.
            I droned on for far too long about that game.
            See you in hell.

Comment

did anyone else join in or was the killzone thing a one man segment ?

Comment

Wayne added his own comments, but I kept interrupting him to shoehorn in another trivial fact about the game, haha.
                See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                  Wayne added his own comments, but I kept interrupting him to shoehorn in another trivial fact about the game, haha.
                  Ahaha, don't worry, I had very little to say. Solid shooter until the last three levels, when I felt both the story, levels, style and everything else picked up to something I'd really recommend.

Comment

cool stuff is there cant wait to listen , hopefully i wouldnt mind being on yal pod cast in future episodes ,

Comment

halo and killzone on the same podcast, the internet's will melt when this is released.

Comment

3 hours, 6 minutes. Damn, thats long.

Comment

3 hours might be a bit long, but I know there's been a few long ones before too. I think we could've trimmed it down a lot, though.

Hopefully, the next time we'll be a bit more prepared so it wont just be full conversation drop-ins ;)

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it and... yeah... bring on the comments.

Comment

Comment

Thanks, this is a treat.

Comment

Working...
                              X