Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: RPD Dispatch Episode 11 - Resident Evil 5

War Horse Uranium

Default RPD Dispatch Episode 11 - Resident Evil 5

Cast: John (Dot50Cal) - John (Mr. Spencer) - Chris (Alzaire)
    Special Guest(s): Gene (TheSelfishGene) - Wayne (Randomwab) - Rob (Rombie) - Stian (Carnivol)

Call Ins: None

Start - Apathy Skit & Rundown
    02:39 - Whatcha Been Playing
    67:32 - Resident Evil 5
    142:21 - News
    180:57 - Bloopers

The podcast returns with a 3 hour long edition of the Dispatch. On this episode, we cover a whole lot including Resident Evil 5, the launch of Project Umbrella, Outbreak's resurgance at THIA and much more. This podcast marks the introduction of the Whatcha been playing segment which covers non Resident Evil games as well. Carn talks about Halo Wars and Prince of Persia. After that, John talks about Killzone 2 for a bit. Gene talks a bit about Umbrella Chronicles, and very little on Super Mario RPG now that its available on the VC (basically the first release in Europe). He also touches on Uncharted. Wayne talks about Broken Sword a bit, and Silent Hill now that it got a PSN release in Europe. Finally, the discussion tops out with some Left 4 Dead and a little bit of Silent Hill Homecoming. In the second segment, we discuss all aspects of Resident Evil 5 including the racism issue. For the third segment we discuss a little bit of Biohazard Outbreak, and then, given Takeuchi's comments that RE6 will have to change the formula again, we move on to what we would want for Resident Evil 6. After that, we talk about Darkside Chronicles, the launch of Project Umbrella, and finally we discuss the DLC for pay discussion.

Next Episode: Unknown

Skit Count: 2
    (Apathy - 00:00)
    (Broskis - 141:24)

RPD Dispatch Episode 11
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-24-2009 at 11:33 PM.

War Horse Uranium

Whew, done. We'll have it up tomorrow, probably gonna clock in at around 3 hours

Cast: TheSelfishGene, Randomwab, Carnivol, Dot50Cal, Alzaire, Mr. Spencer, Rombie
    Rombie joins in as John leaves after the first segment.

First hour is a What have you been playing segment. Carn talks about Halo Wars and Prince of Persia. After that, John talks about Killzone 2 for a bit. Gene talks a bit about Umbrella Chronicles, and very little on Super Mario RPG now that its available on the VC (basically the first release in Europe). He also touches on Uncharted. Wayne talks about Broken Sword a bit, and Silent Hill now that it got a PSN release in Europe. He and I both discuss Left 4 Dead then a little bit of Silent Hill Homecoming.

The second segment is an hour and a half discussion of all aspects Resident Evil 5. We then dip into the RE5 = RACESTZZZZ! discussion.

For the third segment we discuss a little bit of Biohazard Outbreak, and then, given Takeuchi's comments that RE6 will have to change the formula again, we move on to what we would want for Resident Evil 6. After that, we talk about Darkside Chronicles, the launch of Project Umbrella, and finally we discuss the DLC for pay discussion.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 03-22-2009 at 12:47 AM.

Elite Virus Scrubber

After that, John talks about Killzone 2 for a bit
    this will be epic.
    Last edited by A-J; 03-22-2009 at 03:27 AM.

#49 Giant Majini

I missed out on the What you are playing bit because I was out of the house longer than expected... thankfully it seems like the record started later than planned and I arrived at the exact right time.

One thing I did forget to mention on the recording though was today is the 13th Anniversary since the release of Biohazard in Japan.

Thanks again guys for letting me come in and chat.
    Last edited by Rombie; 03-22-2009 at 05:53 AM.

For British Eyes Only

Quote Originally Posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    For the third segment we discuss a little bit of Biohazard Outbreak
    I hope that you went into character while talking about Outbreak.

The Emissary

Quote Originally Posted by A-J View Post
    this will be epic.
    I droned on for far too long about that game.
    See you in hell.

Elite Virus Scrubber

did anyone else join in or was the killzone thing a one man segment ?

The Emissary

Wayne added his own comments, but I kept interrupting him to shoehorn in another trivial fact about the game, haha.
    See you in hell.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
    Wayne added his own comments, but I kept interrupting him to shoehorn in another trivial fact about the game, haha.
    Ahaha, don't worry, I had very little to say. Solid shooter until the last three levels, when I felt both the story, levels, style and everything else picked up to something I'd really recommend.

Banned

cool stuff is there cant wait to listen , hopefully i wouldnt mind being on yal pod cast in future episodes ,

Elite Virus Scrubber

halo and killzone on the same podcast, the internet's will melt when this is released.

War Horse Uranium

3 hours, 6 minutes. Damn, thats long.

THIA Staff

3 hours might be a bit long, but I know there's been a few long ones before too. I think we could've trimmed it down a lot, though.

Hopefully, the next time we'll be a bit more prepared so it wont just be full conversation drop-ins ;)

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it and... yeah... bring on the comments.

Elite Virus Scrubber

#44 Wetland Majini GuardhouseMusic's Avatar

Thanks, this is a treat.

Optic Camouflage

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAhAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH OMG...the beginning...oh my God...oh my God...I'm cracking up right now.

Oh my God...that was...so funny.

EDIT: I'm sorry but that was just hilarious. I typed that as I was laughing.
    Last edited by Vector; 03-22-2009 at 02:53 PM.

#21 Hunter Gamma

There's a new guy with a weird accent. Where is he from? He says "Waysker."

You guys seem quite hard to please. I thought RE5 was great. It actually has a RE story compared to 5 and the dialogue is pretty good.

#49 Giant Majini

So it was over 3 hours? Daaaaaaaaammmmnnnnn.... everyone just had a lot to say after being away so long.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by djepic112 View Post
    There's a new guy with a weird accent. Where is he from? He says "Waysker."
    I think that might be Rob (Rombie), but don't quote me on that. For all I know, it might be me and my filthy Norwegian accent

#49 Giant Majini

I think at this stage we've played it enough to basically know what we didn't like and did like. Most of us conceded that we're enjoying the game regardless of the issues and I can't speak for everyone, but I do get the vibe most of us enjoy 5 more than 4.

Carn - I don't think I say Waysker, I actually think it's you but he doesn't think you've been on there before. But if it is me, someone point it out next time. I know in my not entirely in the zone yet mode at the first little bit of the RE5 discussion I incorrectly said Sheva's name first (which I self-corrected) though. It reminds me so much of Sheeva from Mortal Kombat... (and dear god I know just wish I'd thrown that in there just to spark more discussion about racist comments :p)
    Last edited by Rombie; 03-22-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information