RPD Dispatch Episode 11 - Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
    Edit: Carn, is this SeƱor Pantalones whom was mentioned in the bloopers?
    Puta madre! Donde es tu pantalones!?

Comment

Good podcast but I'm suprised that you guys mentioned mainly only the cons of RE 5 and not the pros.

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
      I miss the good ol' days - when you had to find out game cheats/codes/strategies from magazines or from friends. Where you'd furiously scrawl a fatality move onto a piece of paper so you could have it handy during gameplay.
      Yeah those were the days, I remember in Mortal Kombat 2 I always selected Johnny Cage because I knew his fatality and because he wore sunglasses.
      sigpic

Comment

the cheat book looks so good, you should publish it dot

Carn and his one liners stole the show.

also, kinda bummed that you guys didn't talk about the technical side of RE5, you know, graphics, voice acting and music, especially music since that was a high point in the game ..
        Last edited by A-J; 03-23-2009, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Climb the beanstalk and defeat Smithy
          ZOMG I've been dodging spoilers for 13 years!!!!! Now the whole game is ruined! I know how to kill the boss!

Just as a follow up to the show. I FINALLY got my e-capcom Biohazard 5 in today. The idiots under-insured the package. So I don't know what the plan would have been if it was damaged or lost. Definately don't use celga.com to import things.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
            Good podcast but I'm suprised that you guys mentioned mainly only the cons of RE 5 and not the pros.

Me and Randomwab were too busy enjoying ourselves some co-op action to speak up while they were hard at work slandering the game
            (Though, I think we did join the bad mouthing at some point.)

Same pre-podcast recording, everyone were doing co-op stuff

But, yeah, I guess it might've come off as a bit bad in the podcast there. Take some of it with a bit of perspectiveness, I guess...

The files that're present "in game" mainly just focus on relevant story information. The files you can only access outside the game are those that are either the loading screen text (this is the 44 page one, by the way), or they are character ones that either sum up random stuff about the character that I really don't think could fit into the game's narrative too well, or stuff that just explains a lot of stuff that really wouldn't have been necessary to put into the game in the first place, and is more of a "report" on the subject, as if the file was written by someone post-RE5.

What would've been really neat, though, would be if RE5 had been playable in two ways. One being a more expanded single player story mode and then there being the co-op mode (which would more or less be how the game we've currently got is). It wouldn't have been a first for a game to do this, but it's not always as much about coming up with new ideas as it is making sure stuff just works.

I still think it's a bit sad that what you see in the trailers for the game is pretty much all there is to each and every character, though (Besides Josh).

Anyway, although the story is pretty cheesy (as expected from an RE game, but there were a few things that were just too "over the top stupid"), the game itself is nearly rock solid and has a fantastic multiplayer component and what I would honestly call a rather good replay value thanks to how you can replay your favorite parts pretty much instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
              ZOMG I've been dodging spoilers for 13 years!!!!! Now the whole game is ruined! I know how to kill the boss!

Just as a follow up to the show. I FINALLY got my e-capcom Biohazard 5 in today. The idiots under-insured the package. So I don't know what the plan would have been if it was damaged or lost. Definately don't use celga.com to import things.
              go with play-asia.com and choose Ups u can track ur items
              Last edited by adamthegrave; 03-23-2009, 04:03 AM.

Comment

cool pod cast little bit too long but cool .

Comment

Originally posted by Dot's Guide Book
                  This game has good graphics itisa3/dgame
                  I would rate it a 85%
                  Ahahahahahaha!
                  Last edited by randomwab; 03-23-2009, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I think we just kinda went on a roll with discussions of things that had gone wrong for us because you kinda already know whats good about it because it's the a lot of the same things that people everywhere like. Once we got so far in and the length got so long, Dot was really trying to wrap us up and yet we managed to bring up other enemies and issues and features... as I said in my first post in here hidden on page 1 though...

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
                    I think at this stage we've played it enough to basically know what we didn't like and did like. Most of us conceded that we're enjoying the game regardless of the issues and I can't speak for everyone, but I do get the vibe most of us enjoy 5 more than 4.
                    Much like any title in the series it has it's moments you wont forget, and yet at the same time it's kinda also made me have a new appreciation for some of the things in 4 that weren't transferred across too (much like I did for stuff that didn't come to Code Veronica from RE2 and 3).

Comment

Dot I encourage you to do the Broskis bit more often. It's hilarious.
                      sigpic

Comment

Aww, more non-stop hate on Umbrella Chronicles? Words hurt, man, words hurt!

Aside from the UC/DC hate (which I was able to handle, no worries, heh), good episode nonetheless, good to see the Dispatch back, great stuff guys!

Comment

I heard a Boxxy sound clip. Goddamn you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                            I heard a Boxxy sound clip. Goddamn you guys.
                            You's trollin'!

Comment

Originally posted by randomwab View Post
                              You's trollin'!
                              NOOOOOOEZ.

I just finished listening to this episode. Great job as always, very funny and much I agree with. The pros and cons you mentioned about RE5 I definitely agree with.

Comment

So are the other episodes of RPD dispatch no longer being hosted on this site?

Or was this the only one that was ever put out? I was reading the posts on #10 and people kept saying it was never put out.

I am confused, and I kind of want to hear the other podcasts.

Help a noob out?

Comment

Working...
                                X