The Official RE Trivia Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official RE Trivia Thread...

Post something you feel others may not have realised about RE before, or a fact about RE that you feel hardly anybody knows (don't let this topic just become nothing more than spam though). This isn't a trivia quiz thread, it's just meant to be a sort of "fun fact" of RE thread. I'll start.

Sheva is the first black female protagonist in the series.

Every single helicopter pilot character in the series has died (not including Barry or Josh in this, since they aren't solely known as being pilots).

Leon crashes the police car next to the Arukas Tailor. "Arukas" spelled backwards is "Sakura", a character in another Capcom game, Street Fighter Alpha 2.

The design for Nemesis in RE3 was originally a rejected design for the Tyrant 02 (better known to some fans as Mr. X) in RE 2.

One I pulled from Moby Games:

In the underground facility there is a locked room containing a dead Nemesis. Resident Evil 2 takes place after 3, which suggests Umbrella released more than one Nemesis into Raccoon City.
    Is this for real?

And does anyone else think that the Popokarimu is a combination of three bosses from RE0? Bat + Centurion + Stinger = Popokarimu
    Last edited by Henry Spencer; 03-24-2009, 03:08 PM.

Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post

One I pulled from Moby Games:
    "In the underground facility there is a locked room containing a dead Nemesis. Resident Evil 2 takes place after 3, which suggests Umbrella released more than one Nemesis into Raccoon City."

Is this for real?
    No, I don't think that's correct.

I know in the N64 version of RE2 there is a dead body of a Hunter in the secret lab room, but not Nemesis.

Comment

yeah, the nemesis thing was a hoax. there's a RE1 model dead hunter there. Nothing else.

Comment

My friend, the former vice captain of the Official RE/Biohazard Guild at Gaia (I know, I know, laugh it up... but I'm the new VC. Muahaha.) made a thread similar to this. There are a few gems in there, actually.

In REmake, I don't know where he found this... but apparently all the watches of the S.T.A.R.S. member are stopped at 10:10. He thinks that's the exact time they entered the mansion. I'll have to ask where he found that.

Did you know Barry met Chris (and by doing so, ended up befriending him and recruiting him to S.T.A.R.S.) at a gun shop?

Did you know that the statue covered in plastic in the first RE movie is a replica of the statue holding the first floor map from RE1/REmake?

I have a whoooole slew, but I'm gonna spread them out over time. There are about 11-12 pages of them. XD;

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
          My friend, the former vice captain of the Official RE/Biohazard Guild at Gaia (I know, I know, laugh it up... but I'm the new VC. Muahaha.) made a thread similar to this. There are a few gems in there, actually.

In REmake, I don't know where he found this... but apparently all the watches of the S.T.A.R.S. member are stopped at 10:10. He thinks that's the exact time they entered the mansion. I'll have to ask where he found that.

Did you know Barry met Chris (and by doing so, ended up befriending him and recruiting him to S.T.A.R.S.) at a gun shop?

Did you know that the statue covered in plastic in the first RE movie is a replica of the statue holding the first floor map from RE1/REmake?

I have a whoooole slew, but I'm gonna spread them out over time. There are about 11-12 pages of them. XD;
          wow those are really cool, and the watches one is kinda scary. can you tell some more?

Comment

Apparently there's the word REDRUM scrawled somewhere in the RE2 police station, but I've never found it, and I never remember to find it (anyone have a screen?). God I love The Shining.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
              Apparently there's the word REDRUM scrawled somewhere in the RE2 police station, but I've never found it, and I never remember to find it (anyone have a screen?). God I love The Shining.
              The shinning!

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post

MOAR!

Speaking of watches, someone on /v/ linked me to a japanese watch company's website once who actually (in partnership with capcom) designed the watches that each character has in the REmake. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I wish I had bookmarked the link. If you have it please post!
                Last edited by TheOvermind001; 03-25-2009, 01:30 AM.

Comment

there's a Delorian in both RE2 and 3 :p

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                    It's written on the boarded up windows in the hallway on the way to the interrogation room.

Comment

Barry and Chris both met in the air force. Chris got kicked out and Barry offered him a position in STARS.

I got some trivia here...

When Wesker takes his glasses off, he is angry...

Chris has always worn some type of green clothing.

Jill was born on February 14, 1975

Comment

Speaking of the kendo gun shop, there's an ex-file in RE2. The file is a note from Robert to Barry, revealing that the two burly men were in fact close friends and fishing buddies. Here it is just in case you were wondering

Robert's Note

How could this have happened, Barry? The town's been overrun
                        by zombies and has literally become a nightmare on earth.

As you know, my concern for the town is as great as your
                        own. I have waited for your arrival on the assumption you
                        were still in the area, but the threat of my shop being
                        overwhelmed by zombies has become too great.

I've already distributed the majority of weapons and ammo to
                        the town's survivors including the Raging Bull you special
                        ordered. I hope you understand, given the circumstances.

At any rate, I have no intention of pointlessly sacrificing
                        my life and will be retreating to Stone Ville.

If you get this message, meet me there. We'll go fishing...

Yea, let's go fishing while an entire town of people is being massacred
                        Last edited by REmaster; 03-25-2009, 09:51 PM.
                        "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                        Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Daargoth View Post
                          Jill was born on February 14, 1975
                          Um...her headstone reads 74...and where's any of your proof that shows she was born on Feb. 14th?
                          sigpic
                          Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

If Jill Valentine's birthday is on Valentine's Day, I'm officially scrubbing her off of my list of favorite RE characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sina View Post
                              The shinning!
                              Carefulll, you wanna get suuuuued??

Comment

Working...
                              X