YOUR top ten most feared B.O.W.s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR top ten most feared B.O.W.s

I'm sure there has probably already been a topic like a while ago, but I didn't see any on the other pages. I just want to see some people's opinions.

What to you, are the top ten scariest B.O.W.s or creatures in the Resident Evil universe. Don't just list the ones you think look cool, list the ones that have scared you more than any other (yes, even if its a bee, don't be ashamed). Consider all games and all moments that have had you jump and/or pee yourself and rank them, 1 being scariest.

Here's mine:

In my opinion, the top ten scariest monsters in all RE universe. The last five were extremely close, so it was a hard choice.

I made this a while back, it's my official list!

Spoiler:

Anyway... POST YO' LISTS!
    Last edited by TheOvermind001; 03-24-2009, 06:51 PM.

Here are my favorites along with my experiences with them.

10. Brain Suckers - "Hey, this thing crawls like a licker... OHGODITSRUNNINGRIGHTATME!"

9. Giant Spiders - "I HAVE NO BLUE HERBS! D:"

8. Hunter Alpha - *decapitated*

7. Tyrant - "JUST...KEEP....RUNNING....IN.....CIRCLES"

6. Las Plagas - "BOOM HEADSHOT! OHGODTHATTHINGJUSTPOPPEDOUTANDATEMYHEAD"

5. Zombie - "IM SURROUNDED BY 3 ZOMBIES AND I CAN'T PUSH THEM AWAY!"

4. Hunter Beta - "Hey I made it to the Hospital! *YOU ARE DEAD*"

3. Chimera - "I just need to get this fuel to the generator. *BOOM*"

2. Licker - "THAT NAKED MAN KEEPS LICKING ME D:"

1. Nemesis - "Phew. Im surprised I made it to the door. OHGODITSSTILLFOLLOWINGME"

Comment

Originally posted by BLSR1 View Post
      2. Licker - "THAT NAKED MAN KEEPS LICKING ME D:"
      LMAO!! That would indeed be terrifying.

Comment

Spoiler:

Maybe next I should make a list of my favorite monsters from a narrative context. Then we'll see who has no life

EDIT: Wow, I didn't exactly get the thrust of your request, Overmind, did I? What I wrote mostly had to do with me getting scared for my characters' health, as opposed to me actually getting scared. Damn, I'll give it an edit at some point.
        Last edited by GuardhouseMusic; 03-24-2009, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Oh god I forgot about the Purple hunters in CV.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post

EDIT: Wow, I didn't exactly get the thrust of your request, Overmind, did I? What I wrote mostly had to do with me getting scared for my characters' health, as opposed to me actually getting scared. Damn, I'll give it an edit at some point.
            Usually the two lists interrelate though.

And by G-type Dog did you mean the second to last form of Birkin?

Comment

Yeah. I can never remember the number for Birkin's later G-mutations, since people seem to reference them in that way.

Comment

Oh god where do i start? How about this?

Leach man- resident evil outbreak (friggin stalker comes out of nowhere!)

Crimson head- resident evil 1 (damn they are FAST)

Licker- resident evil 2 (Where the hell do they pop up from?)

Axe man- resident evil outbreak file# 2 (No comment...)

Lion- resident evil outbreak file# 2 (Simba WHY!?)

Stalker- resident evil outbreak file# 2 (Mufasa you had it coming)

Eleminators- resident evil zero (reminds me of the movie Kongo)

thats pretty much it. Every single one of these make me piss my pants!

Comment

I think the leech men are scary too, I'd probably make them #11. I really wanted to include them on my top ten but there wasn't enough room.

The eliminators are also really freaky.

Comment

In no real order.

Leech man from Outbreak #1. I wound up killing the original, but was not aware that one of my partners had died, thus turning them into one. I panicked through that whole chapter because of the sheer dread that if I stuck around for too long I would hear that grate sound that indicated it was there. And it did in almost every single room. It freaked the hell out of me.

Nemesis. The first time I played that game and walked down the stairs, hearing that sound and the music change, I stood there for a good two minutes going "oh balls oh balls." And when I finally moved and he crashed through that window, OH FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU. But no it didn't stop there. I yelled, ran through a door and went "phew!" LITTLE DID I KNOW. Hearing the door open and seeing a rocket INCHES FROM MY HEAD and hearing him made me sdjkldskljskl so much. I had no idea he could follow you and he's still probably my favorite RE monster ever.

Crimson Heads, because after all the other RE games where you had a good idea of zombies and how they worked, THOSE show up and RUN and JUMP and oh god I'm boned.

Comment

Here's my list:

Spoiler:

Comment

There is only one B.O.W in the series that has genuinely scared me, to the point of needing to take break after facing them.
                        Lickers. I cant stand them. Every time i hear their hiss and the tick,tick,tick of their claws i start to panic. When i play Resident Evil 2, i know when they are going to jump out at me and still im terrified. When it comes to Lickers im a wuss, and i know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                          Here's my list:

Spoiler:
                          Wow, our lists are really similar. All the same creatures (except I included Tyrant and you included the leech man) but in a different order...

Looks like we feel exactly the same about a lot of the enemies in the games as our descriptions were very similar as well. haha
                          Last edited by TheOvermind001; 03-26-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spera01 View Post
                            4. Mimicry Marcus

I hate these things... I really hate these things. Every time I'd fight one in RE0, I'd never expect it to appear and of course when it'd appear, my volume would be loud as hell so the BGM that would blare would make me drop the controller sometimes. Not to mention as well that these things just take forever to die if you don't have molotov cocktails or a grenade launcher on you. Plus the fact that they can usually just appear out of nowhere makes me dread facing these things.
                            Oh yeah, I forgot to mention something about these guys. If you ever play through zero on hard mode... these things are fucking INSANE. You pretty much CANT afford to fight any of them. If you do then you use up almost all of your ammo and you come out with very low health. There's an ridiculous shortage of health items in hard mode so you can't afford to get your health too low.

I'm playing through on hard mode right now actually and I am stuck at the part where you get the water emblem key and revisit the training facility. There's that whole eastern wing that has a mimicry marcus in almost every room... needless to say I have been dying over and over... and it kind of makes me dread playing because I know I have to face them . XD

Comment

well, my first scare in RE i think was when i played RE4 the first time in my life as a demo in gamestop, the very beginning the music was supper creapy for my age (12-13) and i was low on health, the cutscene where the guy swings his axe at you, i was like oly shiz!! he swung dat at meh!!!

but the jump moments are tied between many incodents between the lickers, crimson heads, and cerberus's

... i think the crimson heads where scarrier cause i think i peed myself the firstime that one dead body thats just sitting there you keep passing it, i thought it was there for looks and decor. but little did i know i run/walk past it it rose up so frakin fast and jumped at me i liturally scream like a betch and pissed my pants...

i think i wrote about it in other thread once, someone told me the names lol

i think the number one jumper is the hunters in the updated RE game, the first time they jumped through the windows i dropped my GC controller from jumping off my bed and died cause i was yelling so hard i forgot to pick it back up ... ah good times XD
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X