Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe...

Comment

I've been watching The World Series of Poker Tour lol. It's great. FYI, I'm also playing The World series of Poker game on ps3. Damn I feel so old, no offense Darkmoon
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I'm with most people here, I don't exactly watch my TV. I watch The Office and Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! online. Great, funny shows, those!

My favorite all-time show has to be Twin Peaks. Amazing, fantastic, incomparable! Everyone should see it.

Comment

[QUOTE=My favorite all-time show has to be Twin Peaks. Amazing, fantastic, incomparable! Everyone should see it.[/QUOTE]

What's that/channel?
          "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post

My favorite all-time show has to be Twin Peaks. Amazing, fantastic, incomparable! Everyone should see it.
            David Lynch is a GENIOUS and Twin Peaks is truly one of the greatest TV shows.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
              What's that/channel?
              Twin Peaks isn't on the air anymore. You can get it on DVD.

It's sorta a murder mystery/drama/horror/comedy show. Hard to describe it really. Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Spencer View Post
                The Wire. Holy shit this is good. The best TV show made in over ten years, no doubt. Nothing else out there being made today even compares. If you like detective stories, gritty storytelling or just good television in general, watch this bloody show now! You will not regret it. Nothing else compares. Nothing.
                Agreed. I was given the first season as a Christmas present last year and i watched it all in about 4 or 5 days. I immediately ordered Season 2, and by mid February i'd seen all five seasons. I'm currently midway through season 3 again on my second rewatch. Definitely one of the most profound, humane and gritty shows ever to have been created. Truly special...

Comment

"A child does not need to see somone whose been gutted and had there entrail yanked out, tied to an chair and set on fire. And honestly? I don't think a kid should."

I disagree with that.
                  ___
                  "Too late. I watched Robocop, Terminator 2 and Hellraiser when I was a kid. Loved those films too, has to be said. "

The first horror movie I remember watching was Dawn of the Dead when I was 4.
                  ___
                  "You're fourteen? Well I'll be damned, you type coherently for someone of that age. The national cirriculum must be doing something right, as long as it educates kids so I don't have to."

Most people mistake me for somebody who's 20, but the truth is that I educate myself. School does a horrible job of it. I read. And not that Twilight filth that's taking over the US, either.
                  ___

Comment

That's true, education doesn't inspire.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

twilight blows, im just putting that out there

as for seeing a guy gutted and caught on fire a kid does not need to see that, the older the kid gets he starts to relise there are violent things and people out there, he will think it but that does not mean he has to see it with his own 2 eyes. plus people now and days kill for fun and a kid who sees someone doing that might get the idea that violence is the answer to everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        Aren't you too young to be watching that?
                        And I'm too young to play Resident Evil or Silent Hill, but no-one has questioned why I'm here...

Comment

Originally posted by Weskers Flag View Post
                          "A child does not need to see somone whose been gutted and had there entrail yanked out, tied to an chair and set on fire. And honestly? I don't think a kid should."

I disagree with that.
                          ___
                          "Too late. I watched Robocop, Terminator 2 and Hellraiser when I was a kid. Loved those films too, has to be said. "

The first horror movie I remember watching was Dawn of the Dead when I was 4.
                          ___
                          "You're fourteen? Well I'll be damned, you type coherently for someone of that age. The national cirriculum must be doing something right, as long as it educates kids so I don't have to."

Most people mistake me for somebody who's 20, but the truth is that I educate myself. School does a horrible job of it. I read. And not that Twilight filth that's taking over the US, either.
                          ___
                          Well, obviously you'd disagree, because you're not yet a parent. When you have a child in 10 years time or so, come back here and say that you disagree that kids shouldn't be subjected to seeing people with their guts hanging out. Such a thing could disturb a child for life. Darkmoon has the benefit of being able to speak from a father's point of view, and even though I'm not a parent at the moment, I know I'd never subject my child to that sort of thing.

People used to think I was older than I was when I was 14 and I thought I knew everything and thought I had no more growing up mentally left to do. Believe it or not, there are a lot of emotional and mental changes that happen between the ages of 14-19. It's the transition from teenager to adult, so there's a lot of things I don't believe 14 year olds should be exposed to which they are, such as sex, drugs, and other such things. Resident Evil isn't that bad though. A lot of people I know played RE since they were kids, I don't count that as particularly gory. Rotten.com though, eugh..
                          Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 04-06-2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

i like alexias post because it makes since and its true

Comment

I started playing Resident Evil when I was 10 and it scared the crap out me for sure, but it wasn't that bad. However, a friend introduced me to rotten.com, when I was about 13...scarred for life. I also agree with alexia just because this world's fucked up enough as it is, so kid's could probably do without that extra exsposure. So back on topic, I've been watching "East Bound & Down" on HBO. Funny show starring Danny Mcbride(Pineapple Exspress, Tropic Thunder). The series just ended but you should check out the re-runs, Will farrel is also in a few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
                                I started playing Resident Evil when I was 10 and it scared the crap out me for sure, but it wasn't that bad. However, a friend introduced me to rotten.com, when I was about 13...scarred for life. I also agree with alexia just because this world's fucked up enough as it is, so kid's could probably do without that extra exsposure. So back on topic, I've been watching "East Bound & Down" on HBO. Funny show starring Danny Mcbride(Pineapple Exspress, Tropic Thunder). The series just ended but you should check out the re-runs, Will farrel is also in a few episodes.
                                ehh, i could deal without will farrel

Comment

Working...
                                X