No announcement yet.

- WARNING - THIS NEWSPOST CONTAINS EXPLICIT AMOUNTS OF TEH BETAZ AND BUTTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw in some lightsabers as unlockable weapons and I'll buy it at a high price.

Comment

good try but re4 classic edition was the best hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
        Carnivol, can you link those Youtube videos?
        Those YouTube videos mentioned at the bottom are up by the users YouTube users mentioned. Find their channels if you for some reason wanna watch Power Stone gameplay, knife speedruns or C:VX playthroughs.

I've just used videos from those users to compensate for my laziness (since I only took pictures of two rooms myself, and couldn't be arsed to pop in the disc in my PC to take shots from FMVs or evt. back into the console to continue my playthrough)

Originally posted by -Evil Shady- View Post
        Throw in some lightsabers as unlockable weapons and I'll buy it at a high price.
        Resident Evil - Code:Veronica -Complete- - Masters of Teras Kasi 2

Comment

Go Zombie Dog! Dominate Tyrant!

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
            Go Zombie Dog! Dominate Tyrant!
            But is he up to the task of defeating the mighty Nosferatu?

Or what about the Bandersnatch? He's a bit of a tit, aint he?

Comment

I'm surprised this didn't get more posts. Its a pretty huge discovery. Where are the old timers? No interest?

Comment

Okay, as I've now pointed out how this year's joke was all "on you" (see this newspost), here's how to view these for yourself
                (Again, thank Scream for the initial discovery of these. I just helped getting them cleaned up)

If you've got Code: Veronica -Complete- for the Dreamcast, grab a tool called "Jaeder Naub", go to the settings of it and check the box for Dreamcast textures (.PVR) and scan the file named ADV.AFS. You'll now get a lot of files with funky names. If you get yourself a tool called PVRViewer (or PVR2PNG) you can easily view these pictures. You should now have a various set of PVR files, and some of them will be of a resolution of 1024x512, two of these = your ticket to butter.

If you've got Code: Veronica X for the PS2, we'll have to do a bit more of dirty work, the file is the same, but since Jaeder Naub unfortunately doesn't handle the detection of this TIM2 data properly (the huge amount of black/empty data in the frame around probably makes it think the file ends early). So what we'll do instead is use an AFS Extractor. Either goodle and download AFSExplorer, or check if Mark's made some AFS Extractor you can use (sorry, Mark. Don't keep track of your haves and have nots). After extracting files from ADV.AFS (or just viewing them), you'll find yourself looking at a lot of files, probably with the name "unnamed_#.XXX", the ones you want are unnamed_6.bin and unnamed_7.bin. Open these in a hex editor and search for "TIM2". The first hit shouldn't be far down. Now, delete all data prior to where you found TIM2, then save the file as *whatever* with the extention TM2 or TIM2. Next, you'll need something that can view TIM2 files. Personally, I recommend "xnview" as a simple solution. It's somewhat like the old ACDsee, but for some reason it supports a lot of obscure formats (such as PlayStation's TIM). Unfortunately, it doesn't entirely support TIM2, so the end result will often have broken colors (oops). Nothing I can do about that. Personally, I used some simple TIM2-to-TGA converter to get a clean, but shuffled, version of the pictures (and then xnview to convert the TGA to BMP, followed by a manual de-shuffle and removal of the borders).

So there you have it

So... with that out of the way... what do you guys think this mode would've been like? And to the more technical people out there with more time on their hands than atleast I tend to have; are you bad enough dudes (or dudettes) to determine whether or not there is any code present in the game for this mode?

And, oh, yes, a more polished version of this newspost will evt. find its way to the Features archive
                Last edited by Carnivol; 04-01-2009, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                  I'm surprised this didn't get more posts. Its a pretty huge discovery. Where are the old timers? No interest?
                  I'm interested... but it's all your fault after the RE4 Classic faux... we're not that naive now hahaha. But now that the smoke has been cleared and this is for real...

Geez. Resident "Fighter" Evil with BOWs? I'm not sure about that. Looks kinda' Thrill Kill (which, if you're an old gamer like me should remember from the PSX days - was leaked and not released).

Maybe if the selection of BOWs were more "equitative". I mean... a Cerberus vs. a Tyrant? That's some major ownage waiting to happen.
                  Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 04-01-2009, 10:33 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Wow I think I was the only one fooled.
                    I thought it may have been an April fool's post, but it wasn't made on April 1st!!

Thats cheating.

Comment

seemed pretty obvious to me.All the enemies were in T-stance and the epicness was exaggerated.

Comment

I'd say that could be easily forged if we wanted to. Doesn't require much more effort than to run the game in an emulator (PCSX2 or NullDC), extract the polygon data from memory and insert into any 3D modeling tool of choice ;)

I was thinking of pulling it so far as to actually doing a few actual joke renders this way and have them go with the real deal (instead of using just pictures of each location shown in the field select shot)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                          But is he up to the task of defeating the mighty Nosferatu?

Or what about the Bandersnatch? He's a bit of a tit, aint he?
                          Don't mock me! I'll send a Cerebus to sniff your crotch!!! kiddiiiiiinnnnnggggg

Comment

Originally posted by The_15th View Post
                            Don't mock me! I'll send a Cerebus to sniff your crotch!!! kiddiiiiiinnnnnggggg

OH i think it will do more than sniff his crotch. (Crunch!!)

Comment

Wo-hoh! No touching the goods!

Hands, nose, 'n teeth off, kthx!

Comment

HAHA oh man well that made my day.

Comment

Working...
                                X