Most important RE character (series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most important RE character (series)

I've put this poll in the spoilers section of the forum, because when discussing their selections, people may have to speak about RE5 spoilers.

You can select more than 1 character.

Justify your responses in the comments below.

GO!
    Sheva Alomar
    0.66%
    William Birkin
    9.27%
    Rebecca Chambers
    1.32%
    Leon S Kennedy
    1.32%
    James Marcus
    5.30%
    Chris Redfield
    19.21%
    Claire Redfield
    2.65%
    Ozwell Spencer
    19.21%
    Jill Valentine
    11.26%
    Sergei Vladimir
    0.00%
    Albert Wesker
    22.52%
    Ada Wong
    3.31%
    Other (specify in comments)
    3.97%
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-04-2009, 05:10 PM.
    sigpic

Wesker - Chris - Jill.

I have always thought this way and RE5 have confirmed it.

Other characters, story wise, are not in the level of these three... none of them.

Comment

Chris and Claire, since they're the Redfield siblings, and the proper "heroes" of the central plot.

Spencer because it all started with him

Wesker because he saw the whole thing through

and Ada because she represents an unknown mysterious but seemingly all-knowing organization.
      Last edited by A-J; 04-04-2009, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Ada, Wesker, Spencer, and Chris.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Chris, Claire, Jill, and Leon

all have appeared in multiple games as main charactors

Comment

I voted for Chris, Wesker, Birkin, Spencer, and Ada.

Comment

The bad guys, Birkin/Weskah/Spencer/Marcus/Ashfords etc. THEY are the ones who create the plot and drive it forward, the heroes are just generic in my opinion. At best, their importance are decided by their relationship to people such as Wesker.

It may sound a bit harsh, but I don't like ANY RE good guy. They are all just boring, empty.
              lostreleases // demopals

Comment

I voted Spencer, Wesker, Chris and Ada.
                sigpic

Comment

Spencer for his idea of getting rich and making himself a God.

Birkin for finding the viruses and causing mass chaos on Raccoon City

Wesker as the executor of the big storyline. Taking viruses, injecting them, becoming superhuman and causing a lot to happen in several games. even though he wasn't in them, his dark presence was felt. Rival to Chris

Chris being the "superhero" of the series. Blowing up Wesker's plans and trying to stop him at any cost. Their fates are intertwined and wherever Chris is, Wesker is right next to him. Rival to Wesker.

As of now, Leon is just there to mop up the remains.
                  Last edited by Daargoth; 04-04-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Chris/Jill - They are the main heroes of the story, focus was on Chris a little more...especially in the latest game but still they are the originals.

Spencer - He was not an important onscreen character...but without him there wouldn't of been a Resident Evil.

I would of voted for Leon and Claire but they are really just secondary characters that were lucky enough to get their own starring roles.

Comment

Spencer, Chris, Wesker
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Spencer, Wesker and Birkin. This trio was responsible (directly or indirectly) for most of things that happened in the series; without them, there wouldn't be an incident in Arkley mansion, Raccoon City, Rockfort Island, Africa...

All the good guys, just like Anders had said, were mostly there just trying to survive things, not causing them. You could swap them with another generic guy or lady and no one would notice the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                          Spencer, Wesker and Birkin. This trio was responsible (directly or indirectly) for most of things that happened in the series;
                          Don't forget about James Marcus. After all he was the one who made the breakthrough with the virus.
                          sigpic

Comment

Story-wise? I went with Wesker, Chris and Spencer.

Wesker because he was behind it all during the game, and then Spencer punked him in RE5, proving that he was as much of an overall mastermind. There would be no RE without them. And considering it's them, Chris comes into it by being there from the start and being Wesker's ETERNAL RIVAL!!1!!50!!

Comment

Birkin and Marcus: for their lifetime achievement in 'scientific and humanitarian work'.
                              Spencer: the Bill Gates/Davros 'evil figurehead' award.
                              Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire and Rebecca: because 'they have a job to do and they're gonna see it through!'
                              Wesker: 'Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated... and now I've got super powers' award. He's been a worthy 'Resident Bad Guy'.
                              Ada: one of the few remaining characters who genuinely still holds some interest and intrigue for me.
                              Other 1: Lisa Trevor. Probably the coolest character back story in the series. What's not to like about a girl who's been kept in a dungeon and pumped full of every virus and experimental drug that Umbrella could come up with, only to continue to survive and wear her Mommy's face as a mask?
                              Other 2: The Ashfords. 'Keeping it in the family...'
                              Other 3: All the zombies, monsters, mutants and parasites etc. within the series. The games wouldn't be much fun without them!
                              Other 4: Sherry Birkin, because "there's something special about that girl"...
                              Last edited by Skunky; 04-05-2009, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X