Debates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debates?

Just an idea for a segment, while there is a lull in the news.

How about something like debates.

Say "Is Umbrella Chronicles good?"
    "Which is better, RE4 or RE5?"

Questions which are balanced, rather then something that almost everyone agrees on. Then the podcast roster is assigned a side, say 3v3, and then each speaker has 4-5 minutes to argue their case and address the oppositions.

Keep to strict time limits, and then possibly have a follow up poll after the show is released, asking who the audience thinks won the debate.
    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-08-2009, 07:22 PM.
    sigpic

a "free for all" segment would be more interesting to listen to then something like a formal debate

everyone let loose and try to assert your point any way possible.

Comment

I'd so want a piece of that action.

Comment

Would there really be much to say? I don't think we could turn it into something interesting, honestly. We'd be debating a fictional universe, which in itself is kinda fruitless. Thats kinda why I avoid arguments about the motives of characters and such. In the end, its all just the brainchild of a person and well, like it or not its what we have.

If you have a specific suggestion though Gene, lemme know and maybe we can turn it into something.

Comment

Say "Is Umbrella Chronicles good?"

I think it was.

Comment

You should send us an mp3 with your thoughts if you thought it was good ;p

Comment

"You should send us an mp3 with your thoughts if you thought it was good ;p"

I'm going to sound like a total douche, but I don't know how.

Comment

I use Audacity. It's a free program you can download and it's really easy to use. PM me if you decide to use it and need help. Trying not to spam. XD;

Comment

I'd like to see this but it depends if the regulars of the Podcast are into it. It seems Dot doesn't have much interest in it and Gene does. What about everyone else?

Comment

instead of debate, how's about a listen up style "4 minute warning" section, if anyone listens to that podcast.

You take a topic of debate that's currently active in the forums or in the general RE scene, and you give each person on the podcast a minute or two to give their arguments and what have you to prove their version of it as the right one.
                    Last edited by A-J; 04-17-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

A small formal debate would be terrific! Like a little mini-segment or something. It doesn't even have to relate to Resi Evil

Comment

Boxers or briefs?

...and which one do the RE characters wear?

Seems like a good debat.e

Comment

It would be hilarious, yeah

Comment

"I use Audacity. It's a free program you can download and it's really easy to use. PM me if you decide to use it and need help. Trying not to spam. XD;"

I don't think I have a microphone or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                              Would there really be much to say? I don't think we could turn it into something interesting, honestly. We'd be debating a fictional universe, which in itself is kinda fruitless. Thats kinda why I avoid arguments about the motives of characters and such.
                              I agree Dot50Cal, I don't see any need for debates on the RPD Dispatch podcasts.

Comment

Working...
                              X