I just watched day of the dead. I feel more disappointed at the RE movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched day of the dead. I feel more disappointed at the RE movies

I didn't realised (until after watching dead of the dead a while ago) how much the RE movies were ruined. Sure they are zombie killfest but think I'll prefer these killfest over the RE movies. I've realised that it IS possible to make RE movies scary. Pardon me but I need a channel to rant it out at the moment.

I never get the chance to watch the original 'of the dead' movies, so what I've been watching are those filmed in the recent years.

I've watched the following too:
    Dawn of the Dead (remake)
    Day of the Dead (remake)
    Land of the Dead

as well as 28 days later and 28 weeks later.

While watching movie, the zombies that pounced onto the characters reminded me so much of the licker/L4D hunter. There wasn't any super-human, but ordinary people barricade themselves trying to stay alive, which is a far cry from "Alice vs Nemesis" scene (where the Umbrella troops watches the fight, and not a single zombie appearing at all). The survivors were actually looking for supplies, and no 'telekinetic powers to burn crows' thing. Salazar advised to Sarah to 'shoot them in the head' while killing the zombies to conserve ammo, and (correct me if I am wrong here) Alice/Jill goes headtwisting and leg kicking on the zombies in the graveyard. There are some story telling and characters interaction too, though not as much as any action movies of course.

Basically, the movies follow a simple formula of a group of survivors banding together to stay alive and escape (something which is more likely to occur during a zombie outbreak), while the RE movies is...a mess. Sad thing is, if there's a 4th RE movie, I'll still watch it since I'm a RE fan.

The "of the dead" movies you have mentioned are better because, in my opinion, of course, because they have zombies killing and eating people more than in the Resident Evil movies (and I use the term "Resident Evil" when referring to these movies loosely) and the characters are not complete Mary Sues. Not a single one of them.

Comment

Watch the original Night/Dawn/Day, at the films' hearts are themes of human cooperation (or the lack thereof). In comparison to the RE films, the entire world doesn't become a barren wasteland. Gore, desolation, and a claustrophobic feeling of "nowhere to go" are projected well. Unfortunately, seeing the dead films or The Thing or Invasion of the Body Snatchers (the first 3 versions), you'll realize how sad it is that these studios create the most monotone imagery with their cock of a budget (and of course that's only the half of it).

Comment

the original day of the dead was the best flat out.

xfactor u no ramero has a somewhat new movie out called "diary of the dead" i didnt really care 4 it tho

Comment

i love romero's work,i also love Return Of the Living Dead.
          seriously whats not to love? THERE HORRORCOMEDYS!!..well most of them <.<
          tarman:BRAAINS!

Comment

I LOVE TARMAN! hes awesome, he used to scare the shit outta me when i was a little kid but now he makes me laugh

Comment

yeah,infact the first time i saw a Tyrant t-002 in RE it kind of reminded me of tarman,tarman is fucking awesome
              BETTER RUN OR YOUR BRAINS WILL BE DIGESTING! lol
              and the RE movies suck everythings ass,but 28 weeks later is pretty good for what it is,besides,it has my favorite weapon in the world in it.

Comment

i will never watch 28 days/weeks later again. its rated up there with the RE films imo

Comment

xfactor have you watched night of the living dead? ive seen every version of it,I..LOVE...THEM..ALL!!

Comment

i have yet 2 watch the colored version

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                      i will never watch 28 days/weeks later again. its rated up there with the RE films imo
                      28 Days Later is probably one of my favorite movies of all time, and it's one of the few respectable 'horror' films that have come out in recent years. Everything else has either been stupid, tasteless or just plain not scary. 28 Days had a good plot, a great cast and was actually somewhat scary. I know the events near the ending disturbed the fuck out of me, for one.

Comment

it disturbed the shit out of me to man.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                          You cannot compare one of the greatest horror movies of the last decade with Resident Evil. RE isn't even in the same league as 28 Days. That's just crazy talk.

The Dead series is fairly good. I must admit, I am slightly tired of the 'they are us' and 'we're just like them' messages from the movies though. It's always spome dumb redneck messing with a zombie. But yes. None of the characters are completely pointless like in the RE movies, where bloody Alice is the only character that matters.

And zombies are actually dangerous. They don't get killed in hand to hand combat. Who in there right mind gets that close to a monster who can kill you with a nip? Alice, of course. Meh.

I haven't seen the new Day of the Dead remake though. Something about zombies climbing the walls like spiders.

Comment

well, i didnt likes 28 days later.

im thinking about renting the remake of day of the dead but i don't no if i should.
                            but i went 2 best buy the other day and seen they had the limited edition return of the living dead.
                            i want it!

Comment

"i will never watch 28 days/weeks later again. its rated up there with the RE films imo"

Bullshit. 28 Days Later was amazing and had me on the edge of my seat, 28 Weeks later was okay, but not as good as the first one. Or at least, these are my opinions.

Comment

Working...
                              X