No announcement yet.

Silent Hill Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the best review for it (plus how it can relate to the SH1 and maybe even 2) that I've read so far (since it includes spoilers, I'm gonna spoiler tag the text):

Spoiler:

Comment

That would be awesome - never considered they could try to do the second one in similiar vein to Silent Hill 2.

Comment

Man... the critics totally smashed Silent Hill...

Comment

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]to [/FONT] Project Omega

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"].... thats deep, you've given this alotta thought, and for the sequal that sounds awsome[/FONT]

Comment

I saw the movie last week. I am glad it stayed true to the games. Unlike the Resident Evil movies.

Comment

I agree with Dot. The movie was okay.

Comment

Well, pretty much anything is better than Apocolypse...I wept tears of blood at that movie, just because it made my brain bleed by its pure stupidity.

I liked this movie, a lot. But there were some points that were just a case of...why? Why have you done this thing? What are you smoking? Case in point: Cheryl's name change. Why? I mean, with the story they wrote, a male lead would never work...wait, spoilerrific stuff I guess.

Spoiler:

Despite that long, rambling rant, I did enjoy it. Those are just points I felt were...well, pointless changes or silly errors that took away from the incredible atmosphere.

Comment

Darkmoon, the original script to Silent Hill only had FEMALE characters. The creators of Silent Hill told the screenwriter to add men or they wouldn't allow the movie to be made.

Comment

I'm still going to buy it,I thought it was much better than the BioHazard movies Imo...I didn't like the fact Pyramid head wasn't shown alot more He is byfar My favorite In Silent Hill XD

Comment

Oh, compare to the RE movies this is a Classic. They just screwed a number of things up, often for no good reason.

Claire, I can honestly believe that. I really can. I got hold of the DVD via the magic of renting, and I got the disctint impression that while the director was trying to keep as much as humanly possible, the writter wanted to do another Apocolypse...that is, 'Look, this is everything you know and love about this game. Now, see this movie only character? SHE JUST KILLED IT ALL BECAUSE SHE'S SUPER BADASSSSS!!!'

Between them they made a good movie, but one that just didn't manage to live up to it's potential. There were too many pointless, pointless changes and too many changes that had, at best, a stupid reason. I mean...if you have to put a monster like Pyramid Head in the movie, it should take centre-point. Not appear a couple of times and vanish without a trace before the movie's half done.

Comment

Exactly, I was hoping He'd have more parts in the movie. Atleast He was shown alot more in Silent Hill 2, being My favorite SH title. it was alot scarier and freakier than the movie still kicks both Bio Hazard movies in the balls

Comment

It's one of only a few movies that remains true to the original source material.

Comment

This came and went from the cinema unwatched by myself as I was more than a little aprehensive esp. given the Resident Evil transfer to cinema and the history of game-movie in general. However upon it's release on DVD I bought it on a curious whim (that and the sexy blood red metal case it came in) and now I've come to regret not going to the cinema to see it. This is by far the most superior transition I've ever seen, true Pyramid Head made a minimal showing but he completely stole the scenes he was in. The ending was brilliant left me with suitable grounds to ponder over the meaning instead of just being served the conclusion on a plate. And the use of the various tracks from the entire Silent Hill series was while argueably a cheap way out, appropriate and helped reinforce the faithfulness to the series (It was by Jeff Danna who did the score to RE:Apocalypse which I also enjoyed, the score not the film ;) ) alas the OST is nowhere to be found which is a shame since it has some nice alternate versions of certain tracks . . .
                            sigpic

Comment

Just adding that I recommend people who liked this (or for some reason disliked it and thought it didn't feel like Silent Hill), you should check out a movie called "The Dark" (features quite a lot of similiarities, even down to the point of Sean Bean playing the main male lead)

Comment

I finally have just seen this movie. Back from Iraq now, it was the first thing I bought when I went to the PX here.

The movie, I definitely did like, they did take a lot of scenes from the games and inputed them, like when they jumped across the building through the windows. I liked the fact they explained a lot of the things like what caused the darkness. The enemies were pretty cool, but I wish they would have put the scary dogs from SH1.

Comment

Working...
                                X