Resident Evil "Archives" Heading to US Wii's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil "Archives" Heading to US Wii's

Capcom are going to release Resident Evil : Archives for the Nintendo Wii at the end of June in the US. The package just seems to be a double-pack including Resident Evil Zero and the REmake. It's going to be priced at 29.99$.

Resident Evil Archives thanks to Kumiko Nikaido on Neogaf.
    Last edited by A-J; 04-12-2009, 04:31 AM.

And again PS 3 owners get the screw over lol

Comment

Huh? I don't see 360 owners getting much outta this either. I mean, neither game is technically worthy of the next gen thing so to the Wii it goes...with a good chunk og the other horror games for the next year.

Ah, kids toys. I love 'em.

Comment

it's just the US localization of a game/product already released in Japan, don't really see how anyone can possibly get screwed over

in fact they're doing a double pack, that's great. Cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by JillLovesChris View Post
          And again PS3 owners get the screw over lol
          I don't think so, we have the Capcom Store with tons of classic games for PS3 ands PSP: Spoiler:

while WII owners will get a crappy rail shooter and 2 GC ports... for NDS? nothing!

anyway, 30 bucks for 2 games, exellent! I just hope it will be released across Europe too...

Comment

port it to ps3 for heavens sake not this wii shit jesus XD

Comment

i think this is a good idea, make it easier on the gamer, also how do i set up a PSP account over the internet in japan?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post
                I don't think so, we have the Capcom Store with tons of classic games for PS3 ands PSP: Spoiler:

while WII owners will get a crappy rail shooter and 2 GC ports... for NDS? nothing!

anyway, 30 bucks for 2 games, exellent! I just hope it will be released across Europe too...
                Definitely. The Capcom store is a haven for massive fans of their games. I love Strider 2, one of my favourite games of all time, plus the fighting games are obviously fantastic and endlessly replayable. A lot of those games are also rare gems that cost a bomb, not anymore thanks to the Capcom store.

Far better than what the Wii owners are getting.
                Last edited by Henry Spencer; 04-12-2009, 11:28 AM.

Comment

These games dont even really need to be ported to the Wii. I'd much rather just pop my GC discs into the Wii and save myself $30. They definitely don't need to be ported to PS3 or 360.
                  sigpic
                  Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Having never owned a GameCube and also having been planning to buy a Wii for a while now, I have to say that this is fantastic news. Both RE games that I haven't played yet in one package for half the price of a regular game these days? It's a steal for me. I understand why someone who owns the GC copies wouldn't want to bother with these but this is very attractive to me.

Comment

Kind of silly but whatever. I do love REmake and still have both games on GC. Not sure if I will buy this though. Will there be any differences AT ALL? I mean, the games are kind of old now. Would of been nice if graphics are bumped up and some extra unlockables.

Comment

Thats a good deal two games packaged for a low price. Maybe some of the new fans can see what RE was although Zero tested my patience. I own bought of these games on gamecube will buy them again just cause I love supporting capcom.
                        Last edited by Stars1356; 04-12-2009, 12:16 PM.

Comment

You know maybe there could be a possible remake of re2 and re3 I mean it seems like the series will be completely revamped on the wii while the story contiunes on more powerful consoles so the fact that Resident Evil 0 and 1 are on wii could be building up for re2 and re3 for the wii as well

Comment

Originally posted by Sunglasses View Post

But isn't that the European PS store? We don't have have any of those on the US one.

Comment

are these direct ports or will they be...wii modified meaning incorporating the wii controller's shaking in what not into the game? ive never played re4 on the wii and i've seen videos where you would have to shake the controller to run from the boulder or something.

i just ask cuz i dont have my gc copies of re remake and zero and thought i would buy these, but i dont want to buy them if they force the wii controller on you, id rather use the gc controller, im wondering if there is an option to set it to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X