RPD Dispatch 13 - Playing Silent Hill 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD Dispatch 13 - Playing Silent Hill 1

I figure we should go back to a traditional format where we discuss a specific game we played. How does everyone feel about us going to Silent Hill 1 on Playstation 1? Given the recent talks about it on Episode 12 we had, I figure it would be interesting to check it out. Plus, we missed its anniversary so we kinda owe it one

Silent Hill sounds great. Maybe the topic will inspire me to play it again.

Comment

I would personally love a discussion on the original Silent Hill.
      sigpic
      Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I'm up for playing the first Silent Hill, it'll be totally new to me.
        See you in hell.

Comment

Cool, if we get more folks saying yes I'll turn this into a "Playing" topic so we can all talk about it as we go through.

@John Awesome, I'll be really interested in your thoughts on it.
          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-12-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

i vote yes

Comment

Definitely.

Comment

I concur; a SH themed podcast would be a nice retreat from Resident Evil's style of horror and get some more psychological horror in the mix!

Comment

I've been meaning to replay it anyway (as I mentioned I recently replayed 2 and 3 at the start of the year). So I'm keen.

Comment

I should be able to play it. I've never finished it before - only got up to the school.

I'll try get to my brother's place during the week to borrow his copy.
                    EDIT: I'll go get it from him and start playing tonight.
                    Last edited by TheSelfishGene; 04-12-2009, 11:11 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

hey dot, how do you sign up to be on the podcast?

is there a waiting list? a trial? do i have to do like in that south park episode and go through the game pitfall?

Comment

We only really had community members on for the "year end" one last year. Plus we have a full roster these days

Comment

is SH1 alone big enough for the podcast ? why not include SH1 and 2 as well

Comment

No no, I think its good. Maybe we'll toss the movie in there too though, so thats a good point. I'm sure we'll be able to fit something else in, with "whatcha been playing" and any calls we get (we love calls!!)

I'd be interested to hear what you have to say on SH1 as well AJ

Comment

Sure, I'd love to call in. Probably about some in-game trivia and stuff ..

Comment

Working...
                              X