RPD Dispatch 13 - Playing Silent Hill 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting the game now.

My brother also gave me the film to watch. Want to do that too?
    sigpic

Comment

starting the PS1 version via Epsxe. This looks so awful >_>

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
        Starting the game now.

My brother also gave me the film to watch. Want to do that too?
        Yeah, sure Should be nice to hear Rob's thoughts on it

Comment

No effin' way! We're doing the Silent Hill podcast!? We're really doing it!? Ohh sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii.....

Comment

Death by orgasm. What a way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              Yeah, sure Should be nice to hear Rob's thoughts on it
              Is this because I bitched about the film references in Homecoming? :p

I actually liked the Silent Hill film mostly, so I don't think I'll have much to dislike and complain about. Thinking on it now the only thing I didn't like so much it it seemed like there was too many people seemingly alive in the town... but that's a little subjective because each game has had a small supporting cast and the way the plot is setup in the movie, the people being allowed to live in the sanctuary of the church.
              Last edited by Rombie; 04-13-2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

So in anticipation for the podcast, I'll try to take snaps from some notable locations in the game, and post them here.

Starting with the first leg.

Starting -> School Entrance

Using a cleared game save file with the infinite ammo alien gun thing Thank you gamefaqs.

There's a poster in the diner, that tells us all the golden rule of life. Study dammit !.

This odd camera view is done by choosing "Self View" and selecting the camera control to "Reversed" in the options menu's second page. You need to have a cleared game save file to get the Self View mode though. Again, thank you gamefaqs.

It's a cross between FPS and the over the shoulder camera most recent games use, you can only see Harry's head for some strange reason and the alien gun is the only weapon that projects a laser reticule.

Self explanatory.

Severed Dog head, yummy. It's creepy things like this that are lacking from the recent Silent Hill games.

People say this is supposed to be a reference to the Silence of the Lambs movie's Buffalo Bill character. I haven't seen the movie in years, so can't say.

Someone do a side by side comparison between Harry from this and the Shattered memories Harry !.

Queen Burger lol, the liquid thing on the ground is the blood of a bird demon that I shot down.

Shooting a Harpy in near-First Person.

Saved at the school entrance, will post more as I play along. The school has some really odd posters that would make sweet screens.
                Last edited by A-J; 04-13-2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

I would love to here about Silent Hill as it is the only game that I played in the series. Definately compare it to the first RE and I never understood the ending so explain that if you could.

Comment

I haven't played the first Silent Hill, but I'll most likely still listen to this upcoming podcast.

Comment

Time to track down a copy.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

I should. But I have to beat Silent Hill 2 and Deadly Silence before I get another game.

Comment

Ahh, Silent Hill...yet another game that NEEDS to be on the US PSN Store.

I'll be honest. I only played the demo for Silent Hill, once, around 10 or 11 years ago. It creeped me out, obviously. The awkward camera angles, the foggy mist, the eerie soundtrack and oh yeah, that man who was gutted and tied to a fence at the end of the demo before Harry passes out and wakes up in the diner. I'm pretty sure I turned off my PS1 then and there.

Comment

"I'll be honest. I only played the demo for Silent Hill, once, around 10 or 11 years ago. It creeped me out, obviously. The awkward camera angles, the foggy mist, the eerie soundtrack and oh yeah, that man who was gutted and tied to a fence at the end of the demo before Harry passes out and wakes up in the diner. I'm pretty sure I turned off my PS1 then and there."

Not much for horror then, were you?

Comment

I'll be honest. I only played the demo for Silent Hill, once, around 10 or 11 years ago. It creeped me out, obviously. The awkward camera angles, the foggy mist, the eerie soundtrack and oh yeah, that man who was gutted and tied to a fence at the end of the demo before Harry passes out and wakes up in the diner. I'm pretty sure I turned off my PS1 then and there.

but that's just the first five minutes of the full game

you should give it a try

Comment

I know more than one being broken by Silent Hill, and know at least two people who refused to touch it after the phone scene at the hospital. Oh the amusement.

Comment

Working...
                                X