best concert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best concert

what is the best concert you have been to?

mine was NIN in 2006 on the [WITH_TEETH] Tour.

ill be seeing NIN again on May 27th

heres a preview
    Ad for the Lights In The Sky: Over North America 2008 tour. Tour dates and tickets at http://tour.nin.com

(note. it says 2008 but NIN is on there 2nd leg of there US tour.

this is from NIN's rehearsals.

so tell us your story of the best concert you have ever been to.

2006 [WITH_TEETH] Tour.

me and my friend Matt were heading to Kemper Arena to see NIN but we were leaving
    8 hours early (we were gonna eat then tailgate for 7 hours)
    so we went to mcdonalds and ate there and was on our way.
    when we got there the whole place was deserted there was practically no body there
    except the work crew.
    we were out side the main door for about an hour egarly waiting and all of a sudden
    one of the crew workers handed us 2 BEFORE AND AFTER MEET AND GREET NIN passes
    (i was so happy i think i was gonna throw up at the time lol) we were told we could go
    meet Trent and the rest of the band in 2 hours so i went back to the car and got 2 of the NIN cd's i had on me
    (The Fragile and WITH_TEETH) i handed my friend Matt the WITH_TEETH cd and told him if Trent signs it
    he can have it.
    so after 2 long as hell hours we went back and was searched about 4 times. and we finally got
    backstage which was weird cause the backstage was downstairs in a base ment and the basement had a bar in it
    so we waited in the bar then a few other chosen people were starting to come down stairs and we all talked about our
    NIN collections and such. then Trent came out.
    me and matt were screaming like little school girls as was everyone else.
    we finaly got to meet Trent, Alessandro, Josh, Jordie and Aaron and they were all nice (besides Aaron but thats ok i perfer Robin Finck anyways)
    Trent signed my Fragile cd and he signed my [WITH_TEETH] cd (now my friends matts cd)
    we started to talk about what it was being on tour with Trent and what it was like to be owned by a p.o.s. record company.
    we'll after 5 hours of being downstairs with Trent and my friend and other awesome NIN fans Trent had to go hit the shower. we all got to hit the consession stands before anyone else
    did. me and my friend matt picked up our NIN tour shirts and headed toward the stage.
    we were there for a hour and 30 and we were getting crushed but were no way in hell losing our front row spots.
    then the support act came on and i didnt really care for them (no i dont remember there name sorry)
    then after another hour the lights went out and the show started.
    i lost my voice after the first 5 songs and on the 7th song Jordie threw a water bottle out in the crowed and smacked my friend in the head with it (we were laughing our asses off)
    well after "The Hand That Feeds", " Hurt" and "Head Like A Hole" Trent smashed his guitar as did Aaron and Jordie and the show was over.

me and Matt went back stage and Jordie came rushing over to my friend and said sorry (im still surprised that Jordie remembed what Matt looked like since alot of Rockstars wouldnt remember there fans face even after they left 5 minutes ago)
    we talked to Trent and the band again for a hour then they had to be going. Trent told us to join the Spiral (NIN's fan club) and we said our good byes.

when i got home i went straight to the computer and joined.

ill never forget that night and here is some of the stuff you missed.

Live clip from the forthcoming NIN DVD - Beside You in Time.http://halo22.nin.comhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSrBmOEuH_E = Love is not enough http://w...

Clip taken from the forthcoming NIN Live DVD, Beside You In TimeVisit http://halo22.nin.comhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSrBmOEuH_E = Love is not enough ...

The live version of 'Closer' mixed with 'The Only Time' live off of the 'Beside You In Time' DVD.
    Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 04-15-2009, 07:39 PM.

The only concert that I've been to was Iron Maiden last year. Iron Maiden are my all-time favorite band, so I was quite excited to learn that they were finally coming back to Texas!!

The problem was they were coming to a town near Houston. I live near Denton/Ft. Worth...No matter!! I drove around 500 miles round trip, totally worth it!

It was basically one of the greatest days of my life. I was rather close to the stage as well (not in the fan club/mosh area, but a few rows back from it). They put on as good a show as I had seen in their live DVDs, which really surprised me that Iron Maiden always put on an amazing show, regardless where they are!!

I was also very happy to see them on this specific tour (Somewhere Back in Time) because it was touring as a "flashback" of sorts to three of their older albums, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!!!

They even played FUCKING FEAR OF THE DARK WHICH ISN'T EVEN ON THOSE ALBUMS HOLY SHIT!!! AND MOONCHILD WOOO!!! AND A GIANT ROBOT EDDIE AND ROBOT SATAN AND ALL KINDS OF CRAZY SHIT!!.....So, yeah. I need to see them again.

Oh, I plan on seeing Slayer and Metallica later this year, hope it'll be fun!
    Last edited by Corrin; 04-15-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrin View Post
      The only concert that I've been to was Iron Maiden last year. Iron Maiden are my all-time favorite band, so I was quite excited to learn that they were finally coming back to Texas!!

The problem was they were coming to a town near Houston. I live near Denton/Ft. Worth...No matter!! I drove around 500 miles round trip, totally worth it!

It was basically one of the greatest days of my life. I was rather close to the stage as well (not in the fan club/mosh area, but a few rows back from it). They put on as good a show as I had seen in their live DVDs, which really surprised me that Iron Maiden always put on an amazing show, regardless where they are!!

I was also very happy to see them on this specific tour (Somewhere Back in Time) because it was touring as a "flashback" of sorts to three of their older albums, Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!!!

They even played FUCKING FEAR OF THE DARK WHICH ISN'T EVEN ON THOSE ALBUMS HOLY SHIT!!! AND MOONCHILD WOOO!!! AND A GIANT ROBOT EDDIE AND ROBOT SATAN AND ALL KINDS OF CRAZY SHIT!!.....So, yeah. I need to see them again.

Oh, I plan on seeing Slayer and Metallica later this year, hope it'll be fun!

thats awesome, i like a few of Iron Maiden songs. im like alot of people tho, i no Iron Maiden from Eddie.

i missed my chance to see Metallica 2 months ago. but i seen them on there saint anger tour.

Comment

Either Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers in 06 or Matthew Sweet last November. Great, great shows by people I've looked up to for, seemingly, forever. At the latter, I got to meet everyone in the opening band and the main band. THAT was awesome.

Here's a video I took of the Matthew Sweet show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n4KScIeHDE

It's loud, so be careful of your ears!
        Last edited by Dan Corson; 04-15-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

My Chemical Romance and Muse... I cried when Gerard (my chemical romance) touched my hand and put the spotlight on me to sing to me... Best night ever! I got VIP backstage tickets too and chilled with muse backstage... Their the nicest bunch of brit fellows ever!

Comment

lol my chemical romance

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
              lol my chemical romance
              lol I know I know... I think only girls like that band... Because when i was there all the girls were in the front crying their eyes out over Gerard...

Comment

Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
                lol I know I know... I think only girls like that band... Because when i was there all the girls were in the front crying their eyes out over Gerard...
                were you up front lol the best concert ive ever went to would have to be led zeppelins last consert R.I.P led zepp

Comment

Probably my favorite concert was the Metallica and Linkin Park Concert I went to. It was are the time they put out St. Anger and luckly they didn't play to many songs from that album.

Comment

Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                    Probably my favorite concert was the Metallica and Linkin Park Concert I went to. It was are the time they put out St. Anger and luckly they didn't play to many songs from that album.
                    yha i no, if you remember when they played Master Of Puppets did they shorten it?
                    cause they did when i went on the saint anger tour.

Comment

The best band i have ever seen live is Mono... They're an instrumental quartet from Japan, and are the most intense, beautiful and passionate live band i've ever seen. I don't say that lightly either, as i've been to countless shows and seen many of my favourite bands - But none of them can match the intensity and mood that Mono put out there. I've seen them perform six times now and every time they totally blow me away. Their shows are almost a spiritual and musical pilgrimage for me.

Here's a couple of examples from youtube to show you what i mean...

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                        but i seen them on there saint anger tour.
                        I'm sorry

Comment

LOL

Comment

Slipknot's concert in phoenix Arizona,i loved it it was so awesome and worth the money,the headbanging was fucking epic!

Comment

Tool in April 2003... aside from the band sounding perfectly mixed and being the right length of a show, they also included on screen video, painted stage performers hanging from fabric upside down naked, and crazy contortionist people on the stage... it was a stage show rather than just a standard concert.

Oh.... Foo Fighters in 2005 was amazing too... again, band just sounded great... but mainly because Dave Grohl's voice is incredible. He has a crazy range but also goes from screaming to singing normally and back again without missing a beat.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 04-15-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X