Chinatown Wars failing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinatown Wars failing?

Apparently CTW only sold 90,000 units in March (could have been an Aus-statistic only though), and I walked into Game yesterday and saw it on sale for $50. It used to be $70.

WTF? Why can't they mark down Raving Rabbids DS instead? I at least want that! Already got CTW.

Anyway, yeah. Do you think this game is failing?

I know something that's failing.
    This fails.

Comment

If you don't like the topic, fuck off I don't need your replies.

You've been reported.
      Last edited by Helegad; 04-18-2009, 11:04 PM.

Comment

You know, just because Helegad got banned for that cruel comment he made about that epileptic guy doesn't give you an excuse to keep on flaming him. He did get unbanned for a reason.

"Now play nice before eats you both. /Darkmoon voice
        Last edited by biohazard_star; 04-18-2009, 11:10 PM.
        Seibu teh geimu?
        ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
          You know, just because Helegad got banned for that cruel comment he made about that epileptic guy doesn't give you an excuse to keep on flaming him. He did get unbanned for a reason.

"Now play nice before eats you both. /Darkmoon voice :waga
          waga
          Well said...

Comment

for a RATED M DS game, that's pretty damn good. Wii Music sold only like 35,000 during its first week i think - that's a failure compared to all the other "Wii-related" games.
            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Infractions have been issued. I'd like to remind people that both Spamming and inappropriate language towards others is not tolerated on the boards and we will as Moderators act against them.

Comment

The gloves are off now. Too many people think its free reign on folks. Thats not the case. Back on topic.

Comment

A M-rated game selling 90k in 2 weeks in the same month as Pokémon Platinum, FF Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time and others? Nope, not failing.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                    A M-rated game selling 90k in 2 weeks in the same month as Pokémon Platinum, FF Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time and others? Nope, not failing.
                    I didn't contribute to this topic before, but xfactor summed it up pretty damn perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                      for a RATED M DS game, that's pretty damn good. Wii Music sold only like 35,000 during its first week i think - that's a failure compared to all the other "Wii-related" games.
                      But I mean, compared to GTAIV, which sold 609,000 copies on the FIRST DAY in the UK ALONE.

For such a hyped franchise, I would have expected CTW to be a smash hit as well. There's more DS owners than PSP owners AFAIK.

Comment

a GTA game selling only 80k is a pretty bad bomba, even the two PSP one's did better for the system they were on and became million sellers.
                        Last edited by A-J; 04-19-2009, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Any sales for the first month of the PSP releases? Honestly, it seems pretty bad. I think most of the audience just wants to have fun with the standard 3d game thats been coming out since GTA3. I know I personally have no interest in the playing an old school perspective GTA. Sure, I loved the first games, but going back to them now is pretty hard.

Comment

Have you tried it by any chance Dot? It is rather fun and I reckon it's definitely above the old school GTA in terms of functionality.
                            But I mean, compared to GTAIV, which sold 609,000 copies on the FIRST DAY in the UK ALONE.
                            So you're comparing raw numbers from sales of a Playstation3 and XBox 360 game, where the main audience is the kind of people that play GTA, to a Nintendo DS, which has an install base much younger than the average PS3 or 360 player.

Riiiiight.

Comment

I simply can't play DS games. They hurt my eyes too much. The only time I've played despite that is with New SMB and RE: DS

I wouldn't really discount what Helegad said too much. The DS has a massive install base, which has quite a lot of "hardcore" gamers. Infact, I'd be interested in seeing some numbers for more "hardcore" games on the platform. It would be interesting to compare them to Chinatown Wars numbers.
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 04-19-2009, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X