X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Central "Rebecca Chambers" Discussion Topic

Alternate names for this thread:
    Rebecca Chambers: Big Brain, Even Bigger Butt

Post here to discuss your (positive) views of Becky and your theories/hopes of her return iN Resident Evil 6.

I hope she comes back and though it's prretty unlikely, I hope she has the same VA as from REZero. But since that's probably not gonna happen, I'll just stick to hoping the actress is as good as her RE0 VA..
    Yes
    35.29%
    YES!
    64.71%
    Last edited by Becky's Butt; 04-24-2009, 12:00 PM.

you forgot a "NO" option and a "Who the hell is rebecca?" for the new RE fans
    but yes,her ass is gigantic*puts a bookshelf on it*

Comment

Rebecca in RE6? NO!!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Wasn't it bad enough that she was already the female lead in one RE title? I'm hoping for all new characters in RE6 with a Chris cameo, maybe as BSAA director or something.

Comment

Wow. The lead in one whole game? That's just so selfish of her.
          Oh wait...that means she has the least apperarances of any of the main RE characters.
          Last edited by Becky's Butt; 04-24-2009, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I choose alternative "No". Maybe as a side character like in RE1.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkolas View Post
              that means she has the least apperarances of any of the main RE characters.
              Because she's not really a main RE character. The story wasn't about her - it was about Marcus and, to a lower degree, about Billy; she also didn't achieved anything - she just wandered around and killed few monsters here and there; her character didn't develop, her situation didn't change.
              She was designed to be a side character in RE1, and as that she was great (I'm talking about her REmake version, not the *bugspray in the face* "OH! OH NOoooo!" RE1 version). Her appearance in RE Zero was really forced, because the story in the game was forced.

And should she be a lead in RE0? Does it matter? If she would be, they would change her so much no one would recognize her (just like they did with Leon, Ada, Chris and Jill).
              And I'm with Kronk here - I hope that DSC would end Leon's, Ada's, Claire's and Sherry's stories and that in RE6 we will see new set of characters.
              Last edited by Mr_Zombie; 04-24-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Another game staring Rebecca would be awesome. Though, at this point, I'd just be happy if they friggin' said what she'd been doing all this time.

Comment

Ada is quite a bit like her RE2 self, Zombie. Just sexier.

And sure she was the main character in Zero. Her face is frickin' on the cover box, she's the playable character from start to finish... She didn't develp any sure but really, neither did a lot of the other RE characters. Claire sure as heck didn't gain much in RE2.
                  Beginning: "I'm looking for my brother."
                  End: I still gotta find my brother."

EDIT:
                  Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Tribute vid to Becky.
                  Last edited by Becky's Butt; 04-24-2009, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I think Claire had a lot more development in RE2 compared to Rebecca's development in RE0. We naturally got to see a lot more of Claire's personality due to the maternal relationship between her and Sherry.

Comment

We see quite a bit of Becky's personality. First off her stubbornness bordering on immaturity in refusing to work with Billy until she almost dies. Second, her getting to know Billy as they move in the training facility until she finally has to aska bout his past. I mean at first all she knew was he was said to be a mass murderer then she spent some time with him and figured he didn't seem the type. So he shared with her his backstory and she obviously came to empathize with him.
                      We also see her sadness when she sees Enrico and when he leaves, comments that this was the last time she ever saw him.

I think both Rabecca and Claire express about the same level of personality and emotion which is to say, human. Claire wants to protect a little girl, Rebecca is sad her partners die and for Billy's frame-up.
                      Not groundbreaking in either case.
                      Last edited by Becky's Butt; 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

I actually really like Rebecca, but I've never been a big fan of the whole child prodigy angle the series has relied on since the very beginning. You've got Rebecca, William Birkin, Wesker, Alexia (though I'm a little more willing to let her slide since she was specifically manufactured to be that way, but still), Alfred to an extent, and most recently, Excella and Sheva. I'm sure I'm leaving out a few.

I think one could even make an argument for Jill and Steve. We're supposed to believe that Jill was a member of Delta Force by age 23, when in order to join Delta Force, you have to have already been an Army Ranger, and women aren't even allowed to become Rangers, as far as I'm aware. Steve doesn't have as strong of a case, but the fact that he's able to pilot a cargo plane on his own at age 17 is really pushing it.

I really hope Capcom moves away from this with RE6.

If they ever did bring Rebecca back, I'd love for Hope Levy (Levi?) to return. I really liked her performance in REmake.
                        Last edited by Archelon; 04-24-2009, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Rebecca in RE6= HELL YES.

She deserves her own damn game... I mean she was the first on the scene that actually survived and she even made it out of the mansion! No one has heard from her since then though... They would need to do a backstory in flashbacks or something telling everyone how she made it there.

It would be great if they Revamped her and made her a badass. She has to be by now... Especially if she joined the BSAA. Her voice actor would have to sound more mature since she would be 28 or 29 by now. I'm totally for her being in RE6. If it happens lets just hope they don't make her look like Chris... Boulder punching Becky would look quite odd LOL Unless her huge ass has gotten even bigger... Then she could DEFINITELY punch boulders with that! Hell she could knock down a HOUSE with that ass!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMedic View Post
                            She deserves her own damn game
                            So did Chris, but we all know how that worked out. XD

Comment

We sure do...

I don't know... I think I'd pay $60 to see Rebecca do that!
                              Last edited by Dan Corson; 04-24-2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X