Reporting Private Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris' Boob View Post
    So if Dot doesn't have REGBC like I've been accusing of him for over a year...
    I don't know what Dot has and what he doesn't have, but... Accusing? What is this? Is he on trial? "Dot, you MAY have something you probably spent lots of money on, give it to me for free NOW or DIE." Give me a break...
    lostreleases // demopals

Comment

People who act like that are the reason why you aren't hearing about the stuff we have to show yet. Too many crazies out there (not saying you are on Chris, but you are coming off a bit strong). In the past I was more open, and it led to someone attempting to break into my house. Thats one of the things which led to me moving away from my old place. So these days I'm a lot more private, and I ask that you respect that.
      Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-27-2009, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
        People who act like that are the reason why you aren't hearing about the stuff we have to show yet. Too many crazies out there (not saying you are on Chris, but you are coming off a bit strong). In the past I was more open, and it led to someone attempting to break into my house. Thats one of the things which led to me moving away from my old place. So these days I'm a lot more private, and I ask that you respect that.
        I guess you don't remember me ;).

The problem here is your denying that you have RE GBC but theres a problem with that.

You said you had it for a brief time just to document on it...and if the RE GBC cartridge is not the "very rare GBC" item you listed in the collection thread, what is it then? It has to be it, otherwise you wouldn't go on and on about privacy etc.

Either way I'm sure you have it dumped on your computer >_> <_< Why I believe this? The RE GBC videos were recorded with an emulator.

P.S. Anders - Your making it sound like if someone has a beta and they paid for it, they shouldn't dump it. What if it was 1.5? The graveyard build of RE1? What if Dot had 1.5, oh he paid for it so he shouldn't dump it and share it with the world I see.

You shouldn't be so defensive.
        Last edited by Chris' Boob; 08-27-2009, 05:30 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

P.S. Anders - Your making it sound like if someone has a beta and they paid for it, they shouldn't dump it. What if it was 1.5? The graveyard build of RE1? What if Dot had 1.5, oh he paid for it so he shouldn't dump it and share it with the world I see.

You shouldn't be so defensive.
          I'm not defensive, I'm offensive!

I am all for sharing, believe me. But you don't DESERVE to play it. Just because someone has something does not automatically mean YOU deserve to have it, too, just because you are a fan. (I don't mean that as in you're a bad-person-don't-deserve, but you're not the one who paid for "it" (whatever it may be), or spent hours and days and months searching for it.) Dumping stuff like this would have to be at the discretion of the owner. Hassling the owner is NOT the way to go.

(I don't know you and what you've done, it's just, as Dot said, you did come off a bit strong with this accusing business. My comments are general and not only directed at you.)

You also have to understand that this is sensitive material. It cannot just be dumped just like that. If you're going to dump something like this, it's best that no-one know where it came from. So, if Dot actually HAS REGBC, the community is shooting itself by spreading that "fact".

If 1.5 or similar surface one day, it will probably come as lightning from clear sky for most people, and that is probably how it has to be to happen.
          Last edited by Anders; 09-05-2009, 05:14 PM.
          lostreleases // demopals

Comment

People pay thousands of dollars for beta builds. Once they're released on the net those betas become pretty much worthless, so you can see why many folks would prefer not to release them. They're a financial investment to some.

And then there is the problem of Non Discolosure Agreements. Many people who have these things from more official means are legally bound to release only certain bits of information or pictures. Releasing the game will get them sued blind and allow them experience the joys of not dropping the soap in a prison shower.

Comment

I've seen a specious looking cart in his collection before but that could've of been anything. You trashed a Pokemon cart to trick us right
              Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-27-2009, 10:51 PM.
              If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice[DDZ] View Post
                This is Dot, It was recently added with a Vbulletin update. Har har, I'm on Ice's PC
                LOL naughty dot.

Comment

And even still, Gameboy carts can be found for relatively cheap (prototypes Im talking about). Just because something is very rare, doesnt mean its necessarily omgzREGBC. A lot of prototypes are one of maybe a handful that exist, for desirable games or not, so rare does not mean value in all cases ;)

Comment

People are just terrible at jumping to conclusions. Random theories suddenly become facts after a few days.

-If it is on the internet; it must be true!

Heck, sometimes it seems like it'll become fact the moment some illiterate person tries to read something in a language he hardly understands, posts about it on a website, then quotes the content somewhere else (or someone else quotes it). People seem to believe whatever they want to believe.

-If the site is not in English; +1 to true!

The contents of the GBC cartridge in Dot50Cal's collection is a subject not openly spoken of, thanks to this fact, I suppose he finds amusement in putting it into pictures (as many other people would). Assuming the GBC cartridge was Resident Evil GBC; I think it's worth pointing out that Dot50Cal does not have the equipment necessary for doing the initial and most important baby steps of creating and capturing some of the clean material you've seen from the game, exclusively here at THIA. Should there ever be a need for it, there are also members of staff who already have the necessities required for securely backing up or extracting data from almost any type of physical, platform specific storage format. The material you've seen from Resident Evil GBC was only made possibly through an extensive and collaborate effort involving several people who shall remain anonymous (and I suggest people should respect that. After all, these are partly the ones to thank for the fact that there even exists new/clean footage of this missing piece of Resident Evil history)

Comment

You said you had it for a brief time just to document on it...and if the RE GBC cartridge is not the "very rare GBC" item you listed in the collection thread, what is it then? It has to be it, otherwise you wouldn't go on and on about privacy etc.
                      I go on about privacy because I know the person who let us document it still browses these forums. I don't want them getting the idea that we would betray that trust that was placed on us. Future stuff depends on it, so please stop asking.

Comment

Working...
                      X