Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you accept a world-wide epidemic to be the ending for the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you accept a world-wide epidemic to be the ending for the series?

From RE: Degeneration and RE5, we can see that the viral issues has gone out of hand. This is no longer just the problem of Umbrella and T-virus anymore. We now learnt that there are various other companies and agencies who have involved in the illegal BOW trading business underground, and with the collapse of Umbrella, most of them have rose up in the status.

The BSAA/anti-bioterrorism agency identifying, digging up and closing those companies will take a long time, not to mention capturing the rogue employees who stole the virus for themselves and threaten to release the virus in exchange for ransom too.

Even if a company gets closes down successfully by an anti-bioterrorism agency, most of the 'power' and influence doesn't stop there. It just kind of 'transferred' to the remaining companies, breeding more new smaller companies. When Umbrella died, the virus and the staffs formerly own by them were scooped by other companies, some of them possibly as big as Umbrella.

This seems like a never-ending battle to me. Those non-Umbrella companies were responsible for the outbreaks in recent games. Every time an outbreak occurs, few thousand, or million of people dies. The damage is probably the same as a natural disaster.

As more of such outbreak occurs more and more frequently, I have a feeling that it will leads to a world-wide epidemic eventually, where everyone (or most of the world) dies. Think like the 3rd RE movie. What do you think? Will you accept if Capcom were to end the series this way?
    Last edited by xfactor; 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM.

Honestly, I think it's a logical way for the series to end. The problem is Capcom seems to disagree. With the T-Virus vaccine and the lack of easy infection for Plagas there's nothing in the current canon to cause a pandemic. I suspect the game's will never end, honestly. If it does it'll be so far in the future I can't forsee it.

Comment

Capcom will probably milk the series for quite a long wide, considering that its one of the most popular Capcom franchises besides Megaman and Street Fighter. From the way I sees this, either this will occur, or the series will goes on so far that we have finally stopped playing videogame or something. The 'happy ending' scenario whereby all the bioterrorism companies get wiped out seems less likely to occur after what I have seen from Degeneration and 5.
      Last edited by xfactor; 05-08-2009, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I'll be surprised if it isn't done, hasn't Tricell got a bunch of the Viruses or something?

Comment

I think that would be the most logical ending to a series all about biohazards.

Comment

Yes, I would definitely accept it and encourage it. Like everyone has said, it's logical, but I'm hesitant to say Capcom would agree to this--not just because they obviously want to continue the series for a long time, but because they seem to feed into the "good guys win, yay~" scenarios. But, in any case, this would also be a nice way of leaving the fate of all the characters somewhat open-ended. I mean, obviously they'd all be doomed, but the idea of thinking about their struggle to survive a horrible pandemic would certainly be interesting. I've never been a fan of endings that are nicely packaged, so I'd prefer they end the series by giving us fans opportunity to have afterthoughts.

Comment

i like the idea of this happening, im not sure how capcom will go about it though. i mean the uroborus seems the most likely thingto cause an epidemic like that. then maybe the t-virus or g-virus because although they arent air borne for long its pretty easy for the viruses to sread and if multiple countries are infected then it would be a lot harder t contain especially if all majour cities got hit in each country. the only way this will happen is if its an accident or if we get another evil villain hell bent on the "evolution of mankind"

Comment

I still say Chris and Wesker should have been blown up together lol. I would like the post-apocalypse zombie infested world ending, but than I'd fear that a plot similiar to that would just fuel the fire, and capcom would make another 20 games of "other survivors". I think RE5 should have been the end, and since that obviously didn't happen...6 should be it for sure, RE 7 sounds silly lol.
                "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

i agree, it's logical that the bio terrorism leads to this. but like darkmoon said, i can't see the end of RE for a long long time (at least 15 years more)

Comment

The problem is what will the Outbreak be? We have a T-Virus vaccine, the G-Virus is not one that can be transmitted, you need to personally infect each person with Plagas...

Comment

the only way the series can end properly is if the final game has Chris and Leon and they take out the last tyrant with a falcon punch and a round house kick respectively. The world implodes because it cannot handle so much awesome and everyone dies. The end.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                        The problem is what will the Outbreak be? We have a T-Virus vaccine, the G-Virus is not one that can be transmitted, you need to personally infect each person with Plagas...
                        Maybe they will realease all and cross their fingers.
                        Last edited by RE-Hiro; 05-08-2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

The T-virus vaccine may exist, but it'll be of little to no use if the infected far exceed the amount of the vaccines available.

I am talking about a scenario whereby the T-virus gets released at a very populated area, and the outbreak spread so fast that a couple of thousands turns into undeads in just a matter of hours, millions in maybe a day or two. I doubt the troops will be large and fast enough to set up barricade to quarantine the area, let alone administer the vaccines to them.

The existence of the vaccine still doesn't render the T-virus itself totally useless, which is why there still exist a list of potential customers which Federick Downing could sell the virus and the vaccine to. Afterall, the vaccine will only work if the person is only at the initial stage of infection. It is still incapable of turning a zombie back to a human.

Its just like the case of the RE movies. Most if not all of the Umbrella troops were vaccinated in the 2nd movie, but the amount of zombies overwhelm them so much that they still ended up as zombie's meals in the end anyway, and the few Umbrella survivors were forced to operate underground by the 3rd movie.
                          Last edited by xfactor; 05-08-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

It seems like a logical conclusion in terms of narrative, but as others in this thread have said, Capcom won't do this; they're not going to give the series a decisive ending, at least not any time soon. However, the idea kind of irks me the wrong way because it makes the actions of all of the heroes in all of the games pretty much pointless, although I suppose it is that bitterness that would draw emotions from a lot of fans.

I don't think the threat of BOWs will ever completely overwhelm or evaporate from the world of survival horror, it will just be a constant struggle.

Comment

i do think that the t-virus is what would cause a world take over. it be interesting because i think the only ones who would survive are people who have the experience, original characters, and people who just got lucky. and i think most of you guys are just being paranoide when you think the series will "never end", i feel like the series will end with RE6 and another offbrange RE game and a final RE7 but not called RE7, something like RE (something to do with a dead ending)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X