X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Dallas had survived.
    See you in hell.

Comment

A new 'alien' movie concept is needed. Boring to watch alien spaceships blasting cities, alien mother with hundreds of eggs hatching, or sea-creature looking w/ tentacles for limbs, saliva dripping aliens, or alien human body thieves......enough already.
      Any new awesome, horrific, alien ideas?
      Last edited by Smiley99; 01-23-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Cant say I see this as good news...primarily just because the only reason this series got popular was because of what James Cameron did with the second film(Which is still the most amazing sequel ever made, suck it 'Godfather 2' fans.). Since then no one has been able to really make a good film with the alien monsters or the universe they live in.

Alien 3 had some nice atmosphere, but lacked the amazing characters that all stood out in the second film. In the end the problem was they knew they couldn't top what Cameron did and didnt even try.

Its kind of funny though, with a little editing I believe you could make Alien 3 a direct sequel to Alien. Just cut out all the references to Newt, Hicks, and Bishop and some of the Bishop 2 scenes and BAM. 'Aliens' never happened.

Alien 4 was...just pretty flat.It had a few nice ideas, but the film did a lot of back peddling to try to cover up the 3rd film and tap into the second film. Didn't have anything of its own to add though.

If I recall this prequels story was originally about two human men that were kidnapped by the Alien travelers(who's ship was found in the original 79' film) and they two are forced to become gay lovers in all kinds of experiments the travelers are performing on humans and eventually they introduce the 'egg' in there, a queen is born and all hell breaks loose an....yeah.

I'm guessing if they are still using this idea they're just going to change the gender of the two human characters and try to do a 'Black Swan' in space.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          Alien 3 had some nice atmosphere, but lacked the amazing characters that all stood out in the second film. In the end the problem was they knew they couldn't top what Cameron did and didnt even try.
          I liked Alien 3. It brought a sense of finality to the character of Ripley, that she knew she was going to die. The score had a very haunting, isolated feel to it that was a far cry from the more action-orientated approach of Aliens. It was the series coming full circle, the problem I think was that 20th Century Fox screwed around with the movie without Fincher's consent which is why we ended up with the mess we got given.

As you said, it was a production marred with trouble. There's also the fact that it had a larger population of Brits than the Death Star.
          Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-15-2011, 02:32 AM.
          See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            Cant say I see this as good news...primarily just because the only reason this series got popular was because of what James Cameron did with the second film(Which is still the most amazing sequel ever made, suck it 'Godfather 2' fans
            I would say that it was ONE of the most amazing sequels. One of many, actually...

The Dark Knight. The Empire Strikes Back. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

Now I loved Aliens...However, I never was a fan of what they did to the actual alien creature in that movie. They moved with the agility of a 80 year old man. They were easy targets for the marines.

Basically, the marines would do what every n00b FPS player does. Go around spraying bullets all over the walls. And that was enough to kill these aliens. The ones in the Cameron film. Which were all idiots compared to the one in the first movie. Who was hard as fuck to kill. Granted, they didn't have pulse rifles in the Nostromo. But still, that alien was a damn fucking challenge for everyone. Maybe Kane had some awesome DNA that made that alien more intelligent. Who knows.

Anyway.... I always thought that Alien 3, that whole movie was suppose to be nothing but a dream.

At the very end of Aliens, Newt asked Ripley:

NEWT: "Are we going to sleep now?"

RIPLEY: "That's right".

NEWT: "Can we dream?"

RIPLEY: "Yes, honey. I think we both can".

So I was hoping that they would go with that in Alien 4.
            Last edited by Pikminister; 01-15-2011, 10:54 PM.
            Stuff to remember: Avoid forums if you're having a bad day.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
              Maybe Kane had some awesome DNA that made that alien more intelligent.
              He was British.
              Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-15-2011, 06:18 PM.
              See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                He was British.
                So where the colonists living in LV-426.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pikminister View Post
                  So where the colonists living in LV-426.
                  Where is your evidence of this?
                  See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                    Where is your evidence of this?
                    Aliens was filmed at Pinewood Studios.

Cameron wanted to employ local actors/ppl for the film. Was not able to do so for the main protagonists (since many british actors could not do a decent American accent). For the rest (the cocooned colonists) that wasn't necessary. They were mostly british.
                    sigpic

Comment

This is true, however I don't think they were intended to be British "in-universe". I'm splitting hairs, I know.

Though my whole remark about Kane's nationality was a joke anyway.
                      Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-16-2011, 01:08 AM.
                      See you in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by aris13 View Post
                        Alien prequel officially called "Prometheus" starring Noomi Rapace.

http://www.movieweb.com/news/alien-p...mes-prometheus
                        Ok now... the Alien prequel was officially cancelled and the project is now called Prometheus.

Got it.
                        sigpic

Comment

New Prometheus pics leak out:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Source: http://www.alienprequelnews.com/2011...et-photos.html
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see a movie series based on Earth Hive/Nightmare Asylum/Female War.
                            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Are they still making Independence Day 2? Wonder what the storyline is for that one..

Comment

Originally posted by KylieDog View Post
                                I'd like to see a movie series based on Earth Hive/Nightmare Asylum/Female War.
                                are those any good? ive yet to get those at the moment all i have is Outbreak, Hive, Rogue, genocide and Labrynth, all of which were pretty good, well except Hive, didnt enjoy that one too much.

Anyway Im actually really excited about this film, I have no idea what to expect but still im interested.

Comment

Working...
                                X