No announcement yet.

I'm Angry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What most people are so easy to write off as depression is more often than not just a down mood that lasts for a few days to a week, yet is easily remedied by going out and actually doing something to occupy your mind. Go for a walk, meet with a friend, go looking for a job, play some video games, anything that keeps you busy.

If you're prepared to change your life and get things moving again then more power to you, but if you're sitting around and wallowing in self-pity then what's the point? It's all about having a positive mental attitude, taking a step back, realising your state of mind and then actively doing something about it. You can prepare yourself for when negative moods come around, then you can react to them more easily. It's about having control over your emotions.

The world isn't going to suddenly stop and start focusing on a single person because they're feeling a bit upset, life goes on regardless and life doesn't care about you. The only person who can care about you is YOU. Yes, there's also family and friends too but that's on a level which can only support and not change. It's all about responding differently to things. You cannot stop the rain, but you can go out with an umbrella.

Originally posted by Trent View Post
    I suffered from melancholia during the Fall 2009 and much of the Spring the following year. How I solved it? I changed my life style completely, and got more control of my life.

My advice to you is to create a social network around you, go out, drink and have fun. You might just meet that one girl that will turn your life and you will be a happy man (vice versa if you are a woman of course).
    Just quoting that for truth.
    Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-05-2011, 05:41 PM.
    See you in hell.

Comment

• Well that's just it. I was feeling nothing. Not sadness, not self pity. I just didn't care about much of anything. xD Getting out of the house, actually being able to talk to somebody who doesn't annoy me, it's helping. I'm feeling somewhat better and I do thank you all for the advice.
      Last edited by Inferno04; 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• Not angry. Just disappointed in how dumb people are now and days.

In American History class and the discussion of 9/11 starts. The teacher asked what year 9/11 happened (every American should know it happened in 2001) and this girl raised her hand and said "in 2007 or 2008, one of the two".

Got my books and walked out of class and went home.

I am disappoint.

Comment

• ^ I have a serious contender.

Two years ago in my World History class (sophomore year of high school, aka college for all you British people ), we were going over ancient Rome.

A few standout interactions:

Colleen: "Did they have animals back then?"

-------------------------

Colleen: "Did they have parties back then?"
          Mrs. Hawks: "Well, they would certainly have get-togethers and feasts, but not the parties you think of."
          Colleen: "*sigh* Dunno how they survived..."

--------------------------

*A&E biography video starts up, showing a picture of a man*
          Colleen: "Ugh, who is that guy? He's so ugly!"
          Me: *twitch* "That's Gandhi."
          Colleen: "Who? Who's Gandhi?"

At that point I felt like just throwing myself out the window as her stupidity was depressing me. XP

Oh, and she had to have the teacher physically point out Brazil on a map since she had no idea where it was.

Just thinking about that dumb bitch makes me angry.
          Last edited by Canas Renvall; 01-06-2011, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
            ^ I have a serious contender.

Two years ago in my World History class (sophomore year of high school, aka college for all you British people ), we were going over ancient Rome.

Mrs. Hawks: "Well, they would certainly have get-togethers and feasts, but not the parties you think of."

At that point I felt like just throwing myself out the window as her stupidity was depressing me. XP

Oh, and she had to have the teacher physically point out Brazil on a map since she had no idea where it was.

I wonder if she's been living under a rock her whole life.

Comment

• I'm mildly annoyed at how my internet keeps dropping out every 5 minutes! Ever since the flooding, it's been dropping out a hell of a lot.
              Also, I'm pretty mad at mother nature, we have a few bouts of torrential rain headed our way and the Bureau of Meteorology has predicted we are meant to get about 4 cyclones this Summer (it's Summer until the end of February here). We had real bad rain last night and because everything is so waterlogged, there was some moderate flash flooding after only 1 hour of rain. When will it ever stop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kruspe12 View Post
                I'm mildly annoyed at how my internet keeps dropping out every 5 minutes! Ever since the flooding, it's been dropping out a hell of a lot.
                Also, I'm pretty mad at mother nature, we have a few bouts of torrential rain headed our way and the Bureau of Meteorology has predicted we are meant to get about 4 cyclones this Summer (it's Summer until the end of February here). We had real bad rain last night and because everything is so waterlogged, there was some moderate flash flooding after only 1 hour of rain. When will it ever stop?
                Yeah I've been hearing on the news about the flooding problems Queensland is having at the moment. I express my deepest sympathies to you.

Comment

• Thanks mate . Not sure if many others on the forum had seen anything on the news about it. I was literally stranded for 2 days when Bundaberg got hit. It's started to dry up again now, but if we get any more rain at a high tide, we're sure to go under again.

Comment

• Battered by rainfall, battered by the England cricket team. These are dark times for Australia.
                    See you in hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                      Battered by rainfall, battered by the England cricket team. These are dark times for Australia.
                      I think I'm slightly more worried about the rain than the Balmy Army. Then again, I'm sure the amount of beer consumed by England's fans today will be enough to drown Queensland 4 times over!

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                        ^ I have a serious contender.

The girl is dumb and rude too. She sings in class and doesn't shut up. Even the teacher told her she has a terrible voice (I laughed hard when he said that). But anyways, I think its just the concept of the fact that she's lived in America all her life and doesn't really take a catastrophe like that seriously enough to even know the fucking date it happened. I bet if you asked her when the war of 1812 was she'd say "2001".

People are dumb.

Comment

• ^ That bad huh?

Comment

• I think it's more of a failing in the education system.
                            See you in hell.

Comment

• That, and some people these days have an attention span measured in milliseconds.

Comment

• ^ True.

Anyway, we got another laptop for my parents and I spent a while pulling the data off their old one and managed to repair it enough to get it to turn on and fixed the screen enough to just have a dead backlight which I ended up compensating for with two lamps at the screen while I sorted out removing everything and putting it onto a harddrive we got today.

Now, while we were in the shop - they wanted to get the bonus of Office 2010. So, once I set up the new laptop I had to install that...

Everything was set to English and fine, until Office 2010 started installing. It's all fucking installed in SWEDISH.

I can't change it back to English either, because it just FUCKING REVERTS TO SWEDISH OR CRASHES.

It was set up like this -

Windows default - English
                                Location - Australia (Default English)
                                Language packs - only English is enabled as one to be used.
                                Windows Live details (some regional differences can cause different languages installed by mistake) US or Australia, either way BOTH SET TO ENGLISH.
                                Office 2010 setup ENGLISH.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER.

Anyway, Microsoft then tried to charge me 46 pounds just to try and contact support so I then had to go through a different way since I can't get it to reinstall or anything in fucking English.
                                sigpic
                                Non-blurry Signature Version
                                Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Working...
                                X