Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
    ^ I have a serious contender.

Two years ago in my World History class (sophomore year of high school, aka college for all you British people ), we were going over ancient Rome.

A few standout interactions:

Colleen: "Did they have animals back then?"

-------------------------

Colleen: "Did they have parties back then?"
    Mrs. Hawks: "Well, they would certainly have get-togethers and feasts, but not the parties you think of."
    Colleen: "*sigh* Dunno how they survived..."

--------------------------

*A&E biography video starts up, showing a picture of a man*
    Colleen: "Ugh, who is that guy? He's so ugly!"
    Me: *twitch* "That's Gandhi."
    Colleen: "Who? Who's Gandhi?"

At that point I felt like just throwing myself out the window as her stupidity was depressing me. XP

Oh, and she had to have the teacher physically point out Brazil on a map since she had no idea where it was.

Just thinking about that dumb bitch makes me angry.
    Ahh, I am so happy that I am in higher education where class mates come by free will to learn.

It sickens me to see old class mates from high school still haven't achieved anything in their lives. This one girl left with her boyfriend (who is also an old class mate) to the US along with other friends, they had the ambition to be film makers without higher education and a degree. Guess what? They have returned with nothing.

It is so silly not to get a higher education and a degree when it is totally free. I guess they will notice that later in life.
    Freedom of Information.

Comment

• I don't know if it's the drink talking but I'm still really upset about my break-up with my ex, I don't know what I've done wrong to have both of my past relationships that were long (5 years, and this one 2 1/2 years) end so baddly, It really hurts not knowing what I did wrong....

I hate being alone to be honest, so this is hell for me.

All the games in the world don't make up for the warming company of someone you love next to you..

*sigh* off to listen to some depressing metal alone with my dog. Leaste he's happy.

Lucky bugger.

Comment

• OHhhhhh its getting worse.

shit..

Comment

• Your username is appropriate.
          See you in hell.

Comment

• I'm sorry that im hurting real bad, the drink nums the pain barely... there are other ways..

Comment

• Yes, there are other ways like talking to friends and family, going out and at least trying to enjoy yourself and not being self-destructive. If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Listening to depressing metal music won't help. How long ago did you split up with her? I know it's cliche but there are plenty more fish in the sea and although it might feel like the end of the world, it isn't. You got over the girl you were with for 5 years and met someone else so what makes you think you won't with this girl?

Comment

• Oh please, spare everyone the melodrama. Unfortunately, life doesn't give a shit about your problems and it never will. If you want to go ahead and use alcohol to drown your sorrows then that's your prerogative and hopefully you'll realise that you're being a fucking idiot. I'm fully prepared to give myself an infraction for essentially insulting another member, but what you just said was so utterly retarded that I couldn't sit back and say nothing.
                Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-07-2011, 10:43 AM.
                See you in hell.

Comment

• FYI - We can't physically give another moderator an infraction for the above post (and he can't give himself one either - at least not an infraction ;)). It's been reported so an admin can do it at a later time.

There are worse things that can happen in life though than being dumped. Like I found out yesterday my auntie has cancer and it's spread but she's staying strong and keeping a smile on her face for the sake of her kids.

Comment

• A li'l rough there indeed. I didn't know you mods couldn't hand out infractions amongst one another, but spankin's now given (hey, can you at least see the infraction icon on infractioned posts?)

As for DONNIemo, stuff like that sucks. If it you don't know why she's left you, either you're being blind to the issue or it's the girl who's at fault (for seemingly being incapable of even giving you an idea of what the heck is wrong).

Sometimes, people hook up later, other times they don't. Not gonna dive into my own personal history, but let's just say that time tends to heal all wounds and sitting around drinking by yourself (or consuming other substances that normally aren't hunger stimulants) rarely helps and pretty much just digs you deeper down into the mud.

Comment

• Nope, there's no infraction icon on the posts for other mods and there's no "infractions" tab on their profile either. Same for my own posts and my own profile.

let's just say that time tends to heal all wounds and sitting around drinking by yourself (or consuming other substances that normally aren't hunger stimulants) rarely helps and pretty much just digs you deeper down into the mud.
                      Quoted for truth. You don't need to "numb the pain", you need to accept it and learn to overcome it and move on with your life.
                      Last edited by Alexia_Ashford; 01-07-2011, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                        If you want to go ahead and use alcohol to drown your sorrows then that's your prerogative and hopefully you'll realise that you're being a fucking idiot.
                        Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                        You don't need to "numb the pain", you need to accept it and learn to overcome it and move on with your life.
                        Sometimes using alcohol that way is helpful, believe it or not. But that depends on how you are using it. For instance, if you went through a hard exam and decided to get heavily drunk with your class mates the same day is better than going home and moping about it.

It's been reported so an admin can do it at a later time.
                        The only problem is that your admin is MIA at the moment.
                        Last edited by Trent; 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM.
                        Freedom of Information.

Comment

• I hereby tag this incident as "Emogate".

Last edited by Mr. Spencer; 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM.
                          See you in hell.

Comment

• Carn has been privileged with supah admin powahz, so he's doing the admin stuff while Dot50Cal is away. He's given Spencer the e-slap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Spencer View Post
                              I hereby tag this incident as "Emogate".

Carn has been privileged with supah admin powahz, so he's doing the admin stuff while Dot50Cal is away.
                              Good.
                              Freedom of Information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
                                Carn has been privileged with supah admin powahz, so he's doing the admin stuff while Dot50Cal is away. He's given Spencer the e-slap.
                                It's only protocol. We'll issue a statement to the press, pull a few strings and wait for everything to inevitably blow over.
                                See you in hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X