• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't work for me now T_T

Comment

DNS is down, should be up in a bit.

Comment

Gonna have a higher bandwidth test coming up soon so if you guys could help out with that also it would be great!

Comment

I'm always up for some testing/debugging

Comment

http://www.thehorrorisalive.net/sh700r.mov

Work ok? Rebuffer? Try skipping to other sections of the file, does it rebuffer or play pretty fast after it regains its position?
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 06-27-2006, 04:24 PM.

Comment

It just plays this weird looping animation while it says "Negotiating" which I've never seen a quicktime video do before.

Comment

Whats your internet connection/location?

Comment

Possible solution...

Doesn't work for me in either Firefox, IE, or the standalone player. I keep getting the "10060 Disconnected" notice though... I took a look at THIA.net through the good ol' IP scanner and saw that port 554 (the Real Time Stream Control Protocol Port) was not connecting, so I changed the settings in QuickTime to stream through HTTP on port 80 instead, and it works fine now...

To do this:
                  Goto your Quick Time Preferences, and navigate to the advanced tab:

Once there, click where it says Transport Setup and select the Custom Setting.

From there, you should get alittle pop-up that looks like this:

The default setting has the transport protocol set on using UDP over the port 554, change the protocol to HTTP and use port 80.

That should fix things now...

And to answer your original questions Dot, it rebuffers just fine now
                  Last edited by Project Omega; 06-28-2006, 03:59 AM. Reason: Added pictures ^_^

Comment

Worked fine for me, I'm using IE. I skipped around a ton of times, it only took like a split second to get back to normal speed. But the majority of the time it played instantly(at the correct speed)

Comment

Great, thanks Kowalski!

Comment

not a single prob when i played it.

Comment

Working...
                        X