E3 09 : Resident Evil Archives Gameplay Blowout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 09 : Resident Evil Archives Gameplay Blowout

Gametrailers have put up multiple new gameplay videos from the Wii version of Resident Evil, labeled Archives : Resident Evil.

Jill Valentine Gameplay
    Bug Hunt Gameplay
    Chris Redfield Gameplay
    Last edited by A-J; 06-04-2009, 05:13 PM.

So will this be exactly the same as the japanese remake, or will there be some enhancements?

Comment

I can't believe there is a marketing drive for this title. I mean, this is REmake...with Wii controls and progressive scan. That's it.

Honestly, I love the RE franchise - and especially, especially REmake - but I really don't think I am going to now pay $29.99 for a game which I already have on 2 GC discs. I would love to support Capcom and even more the title, but I'll wait until I can get it for like $10 sometime down the road.

Still, it is a phenomenal deal, I guess, for people who don't already own it nor can obtain a copy of the old GC discs (*cough* eBay *cough).
      Last edited by Jill's Boob; 06-03-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
        I can't believe there is a marketing drive for this title. I mean, this is REmake...with Wii controls and progressive scan. That's it.
        You expect Capcom to just sit a game out on the shelves and sell itself?

Comment

It's great for people who didn't have a GC at the time the remake and 0 came out. Great for "kids" who liked re5 could get into some neat backstory.

I'm sticking to the GC Remake

Comment

Originally posted by Big Stu View Post
            You expect Capcom to just sit a game out on the shelves and sell itself?
            I pray your Highness, spare me the beating! I shall never make another mistake again. Please, my liege?!

Let me rephrase: I hope there is not a substantial amount of money being poured into a large marketing campaign, as I can only see hard-core RE fans purchasing this title. The newer fanbase (introduced via RE4/5) will most likely find something to their distaste. Of course, one can hope that those newer fans might find something quite entertaining, and enjoy REmake for what I believe it to be - the most perfect RE experience.
            Last edited by Jill's Boob; 06-03-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

these just seem like straight ports - thanks Capcom for reminding me how let down I felt when RE2 &3 came out on the same day for the gamecube @ £20 each! Maybe they can release RE0 wii edition with this one on the same day @£40 each. It will be good though to play using the remote control but how hard and how much time would it have taken to have just added a few extra cut scenes, or even an extra chapter for the Trevor family/Lisa Trevor - like they did with CV & CVX

Comment

I don't get the whole "Bug Hunt Gameplay" thing. I thought it was a new mode when I clicked the link. Is there a significance to the title of the vid?

Comment

Originally posted by Mesker View Post
                  So will this be exactly the same as the japanese remake, or will there be some enhancements?
                  It's the same.

But for some reason, I wish they had at least changed one thing: Change the title font to the JP REmake/JP Zero/RE 4 style one.
                  I know, I know, that's REALLY minor, but I think it looks so much nicer than what they ended up using.

Eh, I'm happy with my GC copy, but maybe I'll get this just in case that copy ever gets busted.

Comment

The Chris Redfield link is broken...
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Fixed. Sorry for the mistake.
                      Last edited by A-J; 06-04-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Progressive scan is enough to warrant a purchase from me.

Comment

Not having to change discs is enough to warrant a purchase from me... but I still don't think I'm gonna pay 30 bucks for this. I'll be waiting for a good opportunity in the future.

Comment

I might just ask for this for a Christmas gift. I guess its my fault for wanting to own every version so why not get it new.

Comment

What is Bug Hunt? a new mode or something?

Is the a direct port of Remake or has it got added bonuses?

Comment

Working...
                              X