Steve Burnside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Burnside

Probably one of the most hated Resident Evil characters.
    Let the hate reign down on me, I love Steve Burnside!
    and I'm so excited to see him return! I just wanted to see if
    there are any other people, besides myself that adore Steve as much
    as I do <3

But he isn't returning, Leon just dyed his hair and put on Steve's clothes. It's all part of his plan to get with Claire!

JK

I liked Steve, the first time i saw him i thought he was an annoying kid but then he grew on me quickly, it was so sad when he died in Claire's arms.

Steve was a great character, and had a lot more development than many other RE characters, he is very underrated.

Comment

I like Steve. I LOVE Steve. I mean, yeah, he annoys me at some points in the game, but that's good. He strikes me as being born of a more realistic concept than some characters... *Cough* LEON! *Cough-cough*

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
      But he isn't returning, Leon just dyed his hair and put on Steve's clothes. It's all part of his plan to get with Claire!
      Y'know... You might actually have something there... He looks a lot like original Leon. ORIGINAL LEON! Back when I actually liked him...
      Last edited by WeskerSexyCheez; 06-05-2009, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Well, you know I absolutely love Steve. He's definitely in my "top five" favorite characters for many reasons, all of which I've stated endless times on this board. I've liked Steve ever since playing CODE: Veronica for the first time oh-so many years ago, and he remains very special to me.

For some reason, I've always liked characters who are whiny, bitchy teenagers. They never fail to make me smirk, and I enjoy to watch a teeanger think their life is sooooooo baaaaaaaaad. Ah, the beautiful and amusing angst of teenagers.

I guess I've always had a thing for hated characters, though it's completely unintentional. I mean, Sherry, Steve and Ada have always been among my favorites, but it's never been about supporting the underdogs! (Although, I don't think Ada classifies as a "hated" character anymore, since her return in RE4 gained her many fans.) I've just always gravitated towards them, because they appeal to me more.

I'd write more on my appreciation of Steve's character, but I've already somewhat gushed about/defended it here, so I'll stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post
          Y'know... You might actually have something there... He looks a lot like original Leon. ORIGINAL LEON! Back when I actually liked him...
          Steve now looks like a mixture between both RE2 and RE4 Leon.

Steve in DSC
          Spoiler:

Leon in RE2
          Spoiler:

Leon in RE4
          Spoiler:

Steve in CVX
          Spoiler:

Steve is looking more and more like Leon now, and his voice is changed too.
          Last edited by missvalentine; 06-05-2009, 05:17 AM. Reason: Better picture of RE4 Leon.

Comment

[QUOTE=xdeadpan;109710]For some reason, I've always liked characters who are whiny, bitchy teenagers. They never fail to make me smirk, and I enjoy to watch a teeanger think their life is sooooooo baaaaaaaaad. Ah, the beautiful and amusing angst of teenagers. QUOTE]

... Well, when you meet him, his mother has been shot in front of him, he and his dad have been captured and taken to an unknown place where they've been split up and god knows probably tortured every day and every night... And then he has to kill his zombiefied father.

Somehow, I'm thinking his life kind of IS so bad. ^^;

Steve now looks like a mixture between both RE2 and RE4 Leon.
            It's ok. All of Capcom's characters look the same! I dare say you'll find some common features between Steve and Jill if you care to look! XD
            Last edited by WeskerSexyCheez; 06-05-2009, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Ah, I love Steve. Fantastic character. Doesn't deserve the hate he gets.

Comment

and his voice is changed too.
                Puberty.

Originally posted by WeskerSexyCheez View Post

It's ok. All of Capcom's characters look the same!
                Too true. Jill's blonde Re5 image was copied almost directly from Fiona Belli, and Ashley and the main character in Clock Tower 3 look strikingly similar as well.
                sigpic
                Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
                  Puberty.
                  What? DSC is a Remake of CVX. Puberty has nothing to do with it. Or are you just being sarcastic? I can't really tell with you.
                  Last edited by missvalentine; 06-05-2009, 07:17 AM.

Comment

I always saw burnside trying to be Dicaprio.

DSC chronicles Steve looks a little like Remake chris too.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Enrico Marini View Post
                      I always saw burnside trying to be Dicaprio.

DSC chronicles Steve looks a little like Remake chris too.
                      Spoiler:
                      Lol, Imagine if Steve doesn't get captured/T-Veronica'd. By the middle of the game, Steve pulls off a wig:

Chris: It's me Claire. I'm here for you, I've been here all along.
                      Claire: =O
                      Chris: Yeah, and I posed as a random teenager, got his parents killed, and purposefully got myself captured. You should see the kid, he's devastated.
                      Claire: =O *slaps Chris*
                      Wesker: I came.

Comment

What? DSC is a Remake of CVX. Puberty has nothing to do with it. Or are you just being sarcastic? I can't really tell with you.
                        No its not sarcasim. I actually had no idea that DSC is a remake of CV. None at all! I didn't play through CV about 5 times...nope. I had no clue that after seven years or so that Steve would get a newer, possibly better voice actor. What was this topic about again?
                        sigpic
                        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

I always adored Steve, even back when he looked super like Leo in the DC version of CV. XD I just eh at all the hate, if characters weren't different, it would be a lot more cardboard and a lot more boring, imo. So having a character who is pretty immature and snobby, who obviously has a lot of underlying problems is a nice balance for me. If we met Steve as a stoic badass he would have been a lot less appealing.

Also, I love the barcode on his arm now. ;o;

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                            Lol, Imagine if Steve doesn't get captured/T-Veronica'd. By the middle of the game, Steve pulls off a wig:

Chris: It's me Claire. I'm here for you, I've been here all along.
                            Claire: =O
                            Chris: Yeah, and I posed as a random teenager, got his parents killed, and purposefully got myself captured. You should see the kid, he's devastated.
                            Claire: =O *slaps Chris*
                            Wesker: I came.
                            omg lol thats halarious, but anyway, i never did like steve, he was always whining and had a annoying voice, the only reason i felt bad for him at the end becuase he saved claire, i like how they made his vioce deeper and he looks alot better

Comment

Steve is kinda cool. I definitely like him. Not all his aspects, but I don't think he deserves all that hate. I think Steve and Leon get so much hate, and I don't quite understand it. My theory: it's hate mostly coming from guys with a macho complex who feel uncomfortable every single time they see the little kid that Steve is (the little kid they do NOT wish to be) and the metrosexual Leon (the hair they do NOT wish to have for it would make them look gay). Just a theory ;)
                              Last edited by Rakkoon; 06-05-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X