In a particularly silly mood tonight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a particularly silly mood tonight.

So, who wants a beta? Since news has been so achingly slow as of late I figured what the hell why not. I dont have the means to rip all of mine right now so you have a limited selection. Im gonna impose a poll on you, and once I get an unspecified amount of responses on it I'll release it to forum members only. It should be noted that only the E3 one is an actual beta, the other two are hacked versions of the retail demo releases with the debug menu activated. Either way you'll be playing something that only one person has a copy of, so enjoy it. If someone screws around and this leaks to P2P or it starts getting traded there'll be dire consiquences for future releases.

In short dont share it beyond the community. If I see that I'm gonna be pretty angry.

Time to choose Mr. Freeman...Time to choose (View comments to vote on the poll).
    Resident Evil 4 E3 8-13-2004 Demo Build
    75.86%
    Biohazard 4 Trial Edition (Debug Menu Unlocked)
    13.79%
    Resident Evil 4 Trial Edition (Debug Menu Unlocked)
    10.34%
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-13-2006, 09:29 PM.

Side note: I really want to see the community more active here, if this is what it takes then so be it. Ice and I love having the site again but its difficult to get work done when noones really around to appreciate it.

Ill be working on the RE4 trials feature again soon, I've been having some trouble with my back which prevented me from sitting for longer than a few minutes. That seems to be clearing up now though so everything should be ok soon.

Comment

Incredibly generous, but if you really don't want this leaked..maybe you shouldn't make it available? It's not THAT big a deal(it's only a demo), but I would hate to see something you worked hard to get and you don't want seeded become a hooker on P2P networks..especially when I'm not too sure how many people here even have the means to play the game.

With that said, I'll keep my vote anonymous -- though it should be obvious which is the more desired of the bunch...at least I think so, anyway. I need to mod my Gamecube, so I'll have to get a chip soon. I have a modded PSX, PS2, X-Box and Saturn..it's about time I got around to buying a Gamecube chip. My brother installed a region switch on our Gamecube -- but that only works on pressed, retail games.

Anywho, I'm ranting now..I'd be glad to receive and kind of beta/hack and wouldn't mind a few recommendations for some needed Gamecube hardware upgrades, if you know what I mean.
      If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Bastard voted for the trial, didnt you e3 all the way, though im almost certain all are the same thing, one just happens to be the first appearance heh

Comment

You know I'll stay active, man. This is like, only one of two Resident Evil forums I am still welcome at. So I'll stay, but I won't spam you or anything.

Comment

plain and simple: if its on the internet, and its sought after, it WILL show up on p2p somehow. Youre going to get file vagrants who sometimes peruse the site for links. One of them will find it, and then it will be a whored out file with no remnents of its origin. Some lucky ID software employee back in 2002 got his hands on the E3 demonstration of Doom 3. Another lucky Sierra employee back in 2003 got his hands on some source code for half life 2. The release of those betas jeopardized peoples jobs. They were still leaked and turned into p2p hookers despite the consequences. With absolutely no consequences except for "i'll be angry", a wanderer is going to ruin this for all of us. I'm sure I speak for the entire forum when I say that I dont want a random asshole stopping you from future releases.

What you should do is just upload the trials. Then, PM each forum regular with how to enable the debug menu. I figured it out on my own, and after the disc is ripped, the instructions boil down to 5 short steps. My gamecube can attest to the fact that my simple method is battle tested and works. That would be the safest method to not have your work whored. File vagrants cant browse a PM.

The only other way to not have it whored on the net is immensely cumbersome and costly, and involves you mailing minidvds. You could ask the posters to cover the dvd and postage cost, which im sure everyone would be willing to do for a debug trial. Not many people have the means or the desire to rip a cube game, adding an extra gate between your files and p2p.

Just figured I would contribute.
            Last edited by krieg747; 07-14-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Ill be PMing each member who requests it the link so we're fairly good on that front.With the system I have setup for distributing this it will be pretty easy to figure out who leaked it. Thery'll be more than "Ill be angry" conciquences. Whoever leaks it wont be visiting the site anymore, permanently. This is more of a test of that system and member trustworthyness. Based on what happens here it will dictate how/if I do future releases. I dont think its too much to ask and I'd certainly have no issues with this if the roles were reversed so I expect you guys not to either.

There wont be any worming your way out of the ban by saying you only shared it with one person who then uploaded it to some network as it all falls back onto you.
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-14-2006, 02:39 PM.

Comment

very cool 50.

I'm looking foward to seeing what you're nice enough to share, and am extremely excited about future possible stuff. Glad to see you've got a method (to your madness )
                Last edited by krieg747; 07-14-2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Awwww, we can't choose to have a copy of the 1.5 beta we all know you have stuffed under your mattress?

Haha, j/k. :p

Vote made!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire
                    Awwww, we can't choose to have a copy of the 1.5 beta we all know you have stuffed under your mattress?
                    Rofl..
                    If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

i wonder if the e3 demo is going to win

Comment

I can just see where this is going.
                        If we prove worth the challenge of not leaking the beta we'll get more goodies in the future, maybe the other two trials and also the BH 1.5, I know you have the 1.5 there!!!
                        I voted for the e3 beta. I don't want to use debug, specially because i'm too stupid to do it lol

Comment

I would only really have a use for the PS2 demos, so before I vote, are these GCN or PS2 demos? >_>

Anyhoo, I'll be more active around here, just for you Dot. .

I've been away with Exams, then getting sick, then school, then sick again but now I'm back. =D

Comment

They are all GCN, You'll need a modchip or if you have a beefy system you can play them on Dolphin at 4 FPS XD

Comment

Hey yea it looks like the E3 Beta has the best chance of winning.
                              Last edited by Hunk_4TH; 07-19-2006, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X