Resident Evil Archives: Remake Releases Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
    As TheSelfishGene points out earlier, Invisible enemy mode really help us to realise and admire the effort they put into the game. From the dust and dirt where the character kicks while they walk, to the amazing water effect where the sharks roam, as well as the contrast and the balance of the brightness of the light in a dark room illuminated by a lamp.
    I seem to recall reading an interview with Mikami where he said he had initially wanted the Invisible Enemy mode to be the main game, not a bonus mode.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
      Well you didn't have Remake did you.

The Gamecube is actually a very good console, and the controller is very comfortable.

And a lot of it's game have top notch graphics for it's time, and still do.

Plus it's like less that $30 now so it's a huge bargain.
      I was always a one-console guy. I never held a job long enough to finance a second system(I was a high school slacker) and my parents bought pretty much everything I had. We're not rich. All of the consoles I've owned(up until the PS3 I bought in July 2007) were bought by my parents.

When the time came for a new console for the next generation, my choices were a GameCube for REmake, or a PS2 for Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X. It was a no-brainer, and I still don't regret it to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by alf717 View Post
        Heading in for The Conduit today if they have it I think I will pick it up.

Update:

Looks like archives is not 16:9 compatible. The 480P is nice... I guess. The game looks brighter on Wii then on the GC. The first area, the dining room, looks to be a bit brighter on the Wii then it does on the GC. Colors on the Wii look a bit washed out. I'm a bit disappointed with this.

Update 2:

OK I found out what was up with my TV set. Brightness settings were five notches higher on input one then they were on input two. So the game looks almost exact. 480P gives the game a slight hint of blur which isn't horrible but it could be my LCD set. I was hoping for a cleaner clearer image with 480P on but it really isn't horrible. Still wish 16:9 would strech out the image instead of giving me bars but as long as I drop back to 4:3 on my set I can stretch out the image.
        That sucks, i'll stick with forcing the original into 480P using GCOS.
        The EU cover is rubbish

Last edited by kevstah2004; 06-24-2009, 08:06 PM.
        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

thats a fucking ugly cover

Comment

It's like something out of Silent Hill all grimy.
            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that is ugly. I guess it's similar to the European RE5 cover?

Also, I never quite understood why RE Zero looked rather... cartoony in comparison to REmake. I can't put my finger on why. Oh, and it's a shame that the "new" 480P mode doesn't do much at all for the game. Shame shame shame.
              Last edited by djepic112; 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the cover.

Comment

Is that a Ganado in the top left hand corner?

Comment

It certainly looks that way...

Comment

yha i noticed that the first time i looked at it

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
                        That sucks, i'll stick with forcing the original into 480P using GCOS.
                        The EU cover is rubbish

i always hated the boxart for resi games in the uk their just so meh =/ that's just basically the gamecube boxart been reused but a bit lighter and damn ganado this ain't your game you suck for running and acting all damn spanish i would rather be chased by a bunch of crimson heads wanting too rip me apart in a mansion underpowered oh wait...

Comment

The good thing with this cover (I mean the GC version) is the minimalistic design. Reusing this kind of cover like this is silly and it's been made in bad taste obviously.
                          The idea of reusing the GC cover is lazy, but with USA covers the result wasn't so terrible, I think

Let's expect the same with RE0
                          ... '
                          Last edited by albert; 06-25-2009, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Eh, the cover is terrible but it's still better than any of the American ones. I tend to hate American covers for games, dvds, books etc. There's something...off about them. For the most part they just look terrible.

Comment

that thing in the background... The Iluminados' church... oh my god...

Comment

Oh yeah, so it is. What's wierd is that, apart from that one Ganado, the rest are Zombies. The hell is up with that?

Comment

Working...
                                X