Most Overrated Films and Games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Overrated Films and Games.

I just recently saw a list made by Empire magazine that names the top 500 films of all time. And i was pissed of to learn they had named The Godfather as the number one film of all time. I know a lot of people like it, and i tried to like it, but i just found it to be one of the most boring films i have ever had the displeasure of viewing. And it is definitely not the greatest film of all time. I think it is very overrated.

Also having The Godfather 2 only a few films lower on the list pissed me off even more, and made it seem like it was written by a Godfather fanboy or something. Cause that film was terrible.

So i thought it make this thread since THIA is being rather slow right now. What films or games are overrated?

1.Godfather is a fucking GREAT movie
    2. you think thats bad? in 100 best horror movies guess what #1 was?
    FUCKING JAWS! that movie sucked and always have!

now for a very over rated movie i gotta say the remake of Dawn of the Dead. i hated it. i liked one thing out of that whole movie and that was the beginning where you see clips of the outbreak other than that i didnt like it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
      1.Godfather is a fucking GREAT movie
      2. you think thats bad? in 100 best horror movies guess what #1 was?
      FUCKING JAWS! that movie sucked and always have!

now for a very over rated movie i gotta say the remake of Dawn of the Dead. i hated it. i liked one thing out of that whole movie and that was the beginning where you see clips of the outbreak other than that i didnt like it at all.
      I didn't like it, i only likes a few parts, it was ok, but i don't it's the greatest film of all time.

Jaws is not a Horror movie, who the hell thinks Jaws is horror? Jaws is an action thriller. That is like calling Jurassic Park a horror movie.

I thought Jaws 1 was good though i think.

Comment

Metal Gear Solid.

I just *don't* see the appeal.
        sigpic

Comment

the story is amazing though it went down hill after MGS1, but still a great game with awesome characters,boss fights,story is confusing after awhile but if you really pay attention to it its great.
          Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 06-30-2009, 05:53 AM.

Comment

I thought it went uphill from MGS1, until it fell off a cliff at MGS4.
            Last edited by missvalentine; 06-30-2009, 05:54 AM.

Comment

MGS2 is to boring and i dont like Raiden at that time. MGS3 was good cause i like Naked Snake and the camo and healing thing. MGS4 was good cause it tied up alot of things, the online is fun and act 4 is great except there is unmanned enemys during act 4 and thats stupid. the MGS4 cast is great as well its the only time i like Raiden, Otacon is funny at times and so is Snake as well.

and gene you only played Twin Snakes right? thats why you probably dont like it. Twin Snakes is utter shit and a disgrace to the MGS franchise.

anyways another thing that is overrated is Twilight.

FOR FUCK SAKE VAMPIRES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GLITTERY! the girl who wrote the books dont know shit about vampires either...

Comment

Halo and i hate too say it been a fan but the final fantasy series as of late that went downhill after 12 came out imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DXP View Post
                  Halo
                  this

i played Halo when my brother lived with me and my parents and he had a 360 and i played Halo 3 and i couldnt take it. i did play Halo 1 and 2 as well when it first came out and didnt like it then either.

Comment

Ive never read Twilight but it looks weird.

I loved Act 2 in MGS4, and that was about it except for a few minor other bits. The rest i didn't like. And seeing Snake as old and that he was now a chain smoker with a bad smokers cough was a bit depressing. That's like having Wesker come back in a wheelchair for RE6.

Another film i don't like that is overrated is all the new James Bond films, i really hate Daniel Craig in them. At least he could have died his hair brown. His hair distracts me and gets on my nerves and it just doesn't feel like a 007 movie to me. And the scene where the he says "DO i look like a give a damn" When asked about the vodka martini pissed me off so much i turned the movie of and watched T2 instead. 007 is dead to me now. I don't care what situation he was in, James Bond is always Suave and Smooth. I think Craig ruined this so badly. Now it's no different to any other action movie.

No one will top Sean Connery. Roger Moore and Peirce Bronson were great too in most of there films.

Comment

Yeah I've only played Twin Snakes. I'm not looking to play any other MGS. That one left a bad taste in my mouth.

And Halo, I totally agree with. Nothing I saw in Halo impressed me any more than Half Life, which had already blown my mind several years earlier. Sorry Chief.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                        Yeah I've only played Twin Snakes. I'm not looking to play any other MGS. That one left a bad taste in my mouth.

yha i can understand that. im not gonna force MGS down your throat.

Comment

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                          And it is definitely not the greatest film of all time. I think it is very overrated.
                          Soon you will be sleeping with the fishes ......

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                          Also having The Godfather 2 only a few films lower on the list pissed me off even more
                          Everybody knows that Godfather 2 is one of the greatest sequels EVER!!!!

The most overated movie at this point for me is the dark knight.
                          Last edited by aris13; 06-30-2009, 06:22 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

thought of another one harry potter i read the first book and couldn't get into it no matter how hard it tried and its supposed too be better than lord of the rings? hell no but yeah >.<, and as for the films...i've watched half of one and thought it was utter crap... Lord of the rings ftw imo.
                            Last edited by DXP; 06-30-2009, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DXP View Post
                              Halo.
                              I so agree with that too. I can't think of a more overrated thing, Halo is just generic and boring, but it's like the only game on the original Xbox and it got lucky since it was also a launch title.

It's just meh in every aspect, there is nothing special about it at all, it's just, incredibly average.

Comment

Working...
                              X