No announcement yet.

Thank you for playing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait, how much of this game was done then? With those "Thank You For Playing" ending screens, wouldn't that imply that the Ashley looking girl, whoever she was to be in 3.5 'was' indeed already in the game...meaning whatever they had completed up to the point it was scrapped???

And giving Hookman his own "Thank You For Playing" ending screen must of meant he was indeed very much a reaccuring enemy. More than the one time Leon puts him down in the DVD. Think we all suspected that anyways.
    Last edited by Evil_Rob; 07-18-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Well my thought is that the Hookman version was just made up using the above map only. Nothing else was completed asset wise (except maybe ashley and the dog/wolf). However none of it made it into the game. It got scrapped before they could do too much work. So what you see above on the map is all that was completed.

It was to be the playable demo that was used at E3 as well, however since it was scrapped before E3 rolled around and they built up a new demo for E3.

Comment

thats still amazing. can you post a shot of the storage room?

Comment

You assume too much I dont have 3.5!

Comment

khfan1 yeah, also, the whole girl/dog thing, Im thinking Haunting Ground was a concept that sprang from RE3.5, Im guessing Ashley and the Dog would walk around the Castle for a part of the game and you had to find an antidote for Leon.

Seriously Dot, thats some nice stuff, keep it coming, I cant get enough of it.

EDIT. BTW is it just me or do the pic of Ashley and Leon look... rushed, not to mention the silly spelling mistake, Im guessing they where placeholders? Perhaps the game was nearly done before it got scrapped and remade into RE4... do we have another 1.5 on our hands or what?
            Last edited by Saint_Eve; 07-18-2006, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Everyone secretly thinks you have 1.5, and 3.5...

(I don't) or maybe I do...
              Last edited by khfan1; 07-18-2006, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Like I said, all that was done on it was what you see on the map up above. I didnt even hear of this Haunting Grounds game, but its a strong possibility that it was spawned from RE4. The picture could just be a camero from HG, and not tied in with the story. But then that wouldnt make much sense, would it? XD
                Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-18-2006, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Never heard of haunting ground... O___O

Well, I randomly hear that RE4 got scrapped and turned into DMC3, then the next version turned into Haunting ground. The dog and the blonde girl seem like they are from haunting ground, only reason I brought it up. =P
                  Last edited by khfan1; 07-18-2006, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Well in that case it might be a good idea to check out the Haunting Grounds disc, the characters could have very well started off as part of 3.5 ones.

Comment

It makes sense really. Haunting Ground (aka Demento) could very well be a version of RE4. Oh, and it wasnt DMC3, it was DMC1

Comment

What I don't understand is what possible would you need to drag immobilized enemies around for? Could it have been more stealthy than previous Resident Evil games, and you'd need to hide from Hookman? T_T

Comment

The tie to HG is interesting. Also a possible tie=in is Debilitas, his deformity, especially in the face, reminds me of that face shot of hookman. And in the beginning of the game, I can't remember exactly, but doesn't it show Debilitas pull a hunk of meet off a meat hook held up by chains? Could be just grasping at straws, but it's an interesting theory that certain elements of HG could have spawned from hookman 3.5.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal
                            You assume too much I dont have 3.5!

Anyone who has the ability to get a screenshot of the config for a beta that seemingly no one has either a) has it or b) knows the person who has it, and will have it soon enough.

gotcha dot. cant weasle outta this one. lol.

Comment

Or he just found leftovers in one of his disks, always a possibility

Comment

i know. i just drilling him becuase its fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X