Favourite soundtrack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite soundtrack

Hearing that they've decided to use an orchestra for Dark Side Chronicles is one of the few things that has me excited for the game.
    So let me ask, what's your favourite game soundtrack?
    Resident Evil (Original)
    6.15%
    Resident Evil: Director's cut
    1.54%
    Resident Evil 2
    26.15%
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
    9.23%
    Resident Evil CODE: Veronica / X
    23.08%
    Resident Evil 4
    4.62%
    Resident Evil (Remake)
    7.69%
    Resident Evil 0
    0.00%
    Resident Evil Outbreak / Outbreak File: 2
    9.23%
    Resident Evil 5
    7.69%
    Resident Evil: Survivor
    0.00%
    Resident Evil: Dead Aim
    1.54%
    Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
    3.08%
    sigpic

the best soundtrack is from resident evil 2 (and 1.5)

Comment

This was a hard choice, I chose Remake. But my favorite RE song is in Outbreak. And RE3 has a lot of my favorite songs and so does RE0 and I love RE2's soundtrack as well. But I think overall I had to go with Remake.

I love just about all RE music though.

Comment

I voted for 2 but like miss valentine i like alot of the music from the resident evil series so i can't pick just one game.

Comment

I think i'll have to vote for Resident Evil 2 because that soundtrack had a very strong impact on me. I was 13 years old when RE2 first came out and the game blew my mind, the atmosphere and music were like nothing i had seen or heard in a videogame before. I used to get tremendously jumpy when in the police station because of the ground floor music and atmosphere, the way creaks and bangs were integrated seamlessly into the music gave me a genuine feeling of dread.

However, sentimental value aside, i've adored all RE music to date and there isn't one soundtrack i dislike. Generally speaking, i prefer the soundtracks with stronger melodies and epic overtones to the droney atmospherics, so Remake and RE4 are probably my least favourite. RE4's is the most pedestrian and most of the music feels like an afterthought, while remake does a great job of building tension but isn't generally something i'd listen to out of the context of the game. Outbreak 1 & 2 both use a lot of stock music that wasn't composed especially for the games, which cheapens them somewhat.
          Last edited by Gideon Quinn; 07-19-2009, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I do love the music in REmake (I listen to Deception a LOT which appears to be my favorite theme tied with the Outbreak main theme), however I love all of the music throughout the series (Umbrella Chronicles was good for some remixes, like "Live Evil" which was Wreckage of the Mad Experiment).

So I actually can't decide on it, but... I think I'm going to have to go with Missv on this one.
            sigpic
            Non-blurry Signature Version
            Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

Resident Evil Remake for me...
              I'm looking for Resident Evil 3.5 (BioHazard 4 "Progenitor" and "Hallucination"-"Hookman" Version) or scans, articles! Resident Evil 1.5 release info = http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3328

Comment

Resident Evil Original.

Comment

RE2

Comment

Honestly, every soundtrack has its own gem. Like Outbreak's main theme, which is beautiful, or 2's 'Goodbye, Leon' (or something), which broke my heart. But, out of honesty, I chose CV/x because of its opera-like quality and overall dark feel to it. It haunts me. If not CV/x, I would have chosen either Outbreak file #1/2, RE2, or REmake.

Comment

RE5
                      Spoiler:

Comment

RE3. That recurring "duh, duh, duh-duh-duh" is awesome

Comment

Until the end of time, it will be CODE: Veronica. No other soundtrack from the series has captivated me so much. It's beautiful, haunting, peaceful and perfect. I love the RE2 soundtrack, but I feel like CODE: Veronica held a type of uniqueness to it, something really different as opposed to the others in the series. It's almost like you can dissect the history of the Ashfords and everything else just by listening to the music. It's amazing.

Comment

there's only a handful of songs that i'd actually listen from to each soundtrack so i'll vote for none of them.
                            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                              Until the end of time, it will be CODE: Veronica. No other soundtrack from the series has captivated me so much. It's beautiful, haunting, peaceful and perfect. I love the RE2 soundtrack, but I feel like CODE: Veronica held a type of uniqueness to it, something really different as opposed to the others in the series. It's almost like you can dissect the history of the Ashfords and everything else just by listening to the music. It's amazing.
                              She stole my thoughts and expressed them.

Comment

Working...
                              X