IGN Video Interview with Paul Anderson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IGN Video Interview with Paul Anderson

IGN has posted a brief video interview with Paul Anderson about Resident Evil: Afterlife. Anderson confirms that there will be some returning characters from previous movies as well as from the games. Anderson also states that he is largely taking inspiration from Resident Evil 5 for this movie.

To watch the interview, follow this link.
    Last edited by Archelon; 07-23-2009, 11:01 PM.

Anderson also states that he is largely taking inspiration from Resident Evil 5 for this movie.
    oh boy ... BSAA subplot confirmed ?
    Last edited by A-J; 07-23-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
      oh boy ... BSAA subplot confirmed ?
      Judging by Extinction, I'm not sure there are enough people left in the world for the BSAA to even exist.

I wonder if we'll see an Uroboros-like monster in the movie, or if the final battle will be between Alice and Matrix Wesker. Probably both.

Comment

You make it sound like logic and sense have a place in his movies. Even if the BSAA show up they'll be slaightuered by something, without doing anything, so Alice can look more bad ass when she round house kicks it's face off later. But it's not hard to do...well, not hard to do when you're Anderson. They could be survivors from before the fall who've made in either a base or scavenging, other companies could have survived in the same way Umbrella survived and formed there BSAA.

Hell, it could be made mostly of Alice's clone army. She had a few hundred of those and the means to mass produce more...

Comment

Ugh, BSAA and inspired partly by RE5.

This doesn't look to good.

About returning characters, Carlos died so that only really leaves Jill and Claire really. And Wesker.

Id like to see Sienna play Jill again. She's good.

Comment

I think the inspiration would be Weskers death

Comment

Inspired by RE5? But that would mean *GASP* Setting it in Africa and *EVEN MORE GASP* Having Africans in it!!! N'Gai Croal is gonna have a field day with this one...*dies*

Comment

*pokes' The Dude's body with a stick*

I like Andyfer_Ruu's comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyfer_Ruu View Post
                  I think the inspiration would be Weskers death
                  but we pretty much saw that one coming by the end of the third movie, i mean seriously, they're stuck underground in japan, running low on supplies and have an army of fucking super clone bitches after them, they're not going anywhere.

The interesting thing would be if they actually go ahead with the "super wesker" to counter the super alice character or just turn him into another spencer or isaacs (his tyrant form was awful).
                  Last edited by A-J; 07-24-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I think he might be referring to the Chris/Jill/Wesker deal. Not the B.S.A.A.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                      Anderson also states that he is largely taking inspiration from Resident Evil 5 for this movie.
                      Oh boy, as if there wasn't enough action in these movies as it is.

Someone should seriously remind him that Resident Evil is a horror genre.
                      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Originally posted by Logical Operand View Post
                        Oh boy, as if there wasn't enough action in these movies as it is.

Someone should seriously remind him that Resident Evil is a horror genre.
                        Not anymore. It becomes more like action and shooting genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Archelon View Post
                          Alice will be punching a boulder .

Comment

I read there's a big chance of Jill returning this time, Sienna was asked if she was going to portray Jill in the upcoming RE movie and she said it was something she was thinking about.

I really hope this is fake. I'm glad with her role in Apocalypse and all but she was a nothing but a background character... so unless they give her a serious role, I'm sticked to the idea of not Jill for this time.
                            Last edited by Jill Lover; 07-25-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Anderson is too infatuated with the Alice character to make any other character more thana 2-D shell there to stare at Alice. They'll all get a scene where they have some importance, of course, but even then Alice will take over again within a couple of minutes. It's one of the things that makes me so very angry.

Comment

Working...
                              X