I'm just curious if anyone knows of any special cutscenes which only play under certain conditions. I'm going through the game now and want to get every scene recorded, so if you know of some, let me know!
Some I can think of:
- If you go to the right path, near the broken bus in the very beginning of the game, you see a man being dragged back. A cutscene will trigger as this happens
- A cutscene will play with Reynard if you approach him without your partner in the room.
- The wetland majini pop out at two locations when you first encounter them on the watercraft level. If you go to cross a narrow bridge, they will pop out of the water. If you go around a back way into the "main" area, they will appear from the houses.
- The QTE cutscene where you run from the statues has a two different starting camera angles for when you begin running. This seems to be random
- When Kirks helicopter is seen going down, the player furthest from the trigger point sees a scenes from in the sky, near the flailing chopper.
- If you approach the first chainsaw majini with only one character, you only see them in the scene, making this a total of 3 combinations.
- If you don't kill the second Popacrim, a scene will play where it comes after you up the stairs (along with a QTE one shortly after).
- If you fail to kill the last truck on the Savannah level, it will push you into the ravine.
- If you kill the sun-laser-harnessing guy's in the caves, a scene will play that shows the machine deactivating.
- This is a common one, but you can miss it. Don't snipe the majini at the crane controls on the tanker and he will drop a cage on your partner.
- The final Uroboros will smash itself onto the platforms you stand on if certain conditions are met (don't shoot it when your partner spots something is going on). Basically it rises into the air and glows very brightly (all 4 bulbs). If you don't shoot it, the scene will play.
- Wesker will throw missiles at you if you don't attack him in the tanker hold. There seems to be two different angles this plays out from. One if you are up on the higher platforms, and another if you are close by?
- Dying during the Executioner stage will result in a special scene where you are brutally beaten in first person
- In the underground cavern, depending on who crosses the bridge that is destroyed by the majini with the spire, a different scene plays (character swap)
I'm not certain, since its been a while, but do you get a special scene if you defeat Wesker in the 7 minute fight? AFAIK, its the same.