No announcement yet.

Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't watched wrestling in probably six or seven years. Shortly after they had the 'draft' and split up RAW and SmackDown, I just didn't give a shit because it started becoming way too stupid. In its heyday, WWF was the fucking shit. I had a Hulk Hogan-themed party for my 3rd birthday and he is a real American. Then came the days of Stone Cold and The Rock, who I was a fan of even when he was a heel(Rocky Maivia). After that, I don't really remember much. They started focusing way too much on tits and ass and after the whole "Get the F out" thing where they came out and said this is basically all bullshit, I stopped caring.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      I haven't watched wrestling in probably six or seven years. Shortly after they had the 'draft' and split up RAW and SmackDown, I just didn't give a shit because it started becoming way too stupid. In its heyday, WWF was the fucking shit. I had a Hulk Hogan-themed party for my 3rd birthday and he is a real American. Then came the days of Stone Cold and The Rock, who I was a fan of even when he was a heel(Rocky Maivia). After that, I don't really remember much. They started focusing way too much on tits and ass and after the whole "Get the F out" thing where they came out and said this is basically all bullshit, I stopped caring.
      Same here. I was a huge wrestling fan ever since I was a kid, which was a perfect time for someone my age because the "prime" of wrestling was going on when I was growing up. Andre the giant, Hulk hogan, Jake the snake, Macho Man, HBK, the Undertaker, etc. It started going down hill after 2000, when the name changed and it started to be more about bikini matches and ridiculous storylines. I just can't bring myself to watch it anymore. I think it's really sad that the WWF (I refuse to call it WWE) has to constantly bring back old wrestlers to try and spark a flame with the fans again
      Last edited by REmaster; 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM.
      "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
      Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

i recently ditched mainstram american wrestling for puro and indy wrestling, more daredevil and sportamnship for my blood. not to mention better matcehs for my buck. I would rather pay the 18 bucks to go to a chikara events that the 70 bucks for a WWE event

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post
          Same here. I was a huge wrestling fan ever since I was a kid, which was a perfect time for someone my age because the "prime" of wrestling was going on when I was growing up. Andre the giant, Hulk hogan, Jake the snake, Macho Man, HBK, the Undertaker, etc. It started going down hill after 2000, when the name changed and it started to be more about bikini matches and ridiculous storylines. I just can't bring myself to watch it anymore. I think it's really sad that the WWF (I refuse to call it WWE) has to constantly bring back old wrestlers to try and spark a flame with the fans again
          Me Too. I remember watching wrestling in the late 80s and had be a fan until about 93 and really stopped watching. Then in 98 I remember my dad watching it and I got back into it and have been watching it now ever since. I think I have watched more wrestling in the past 11 years then everything else I watched combined. If fact this past sunday I went to the Night of Champions PPV. I like smackdown the best because it has the most wrestling and very few in-ring BS like Raw.

Talking of TNA what happened with the Black Reign storyline did it get completely written out I only saw it for two weeks then nothing.
          He's not with the company anymore he is back with the WWE as Goldust.
          Last edited by Stars1356; 08-02-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REmaster View Post

ok let me get this straight

you dont like wrestling cause girls are wrestling....in bikini's and WWE has crappy storylines?

fuck more could you ask for?

Spoiler:

I look at WWE as a man's kinda drama series

Comment

Personally, I can't stand the WWE's Divas. They tend to treat them badly. I remember the time Randy Orton took a crap in one of there bags (really, he did...he's a mature individual) and some people made fun of her for complaining. At least when I watched the WWE treated it's women like pure eye candy. Vince can't seem to cope with the idea that women can really wrestle...

Someone needs to send him a couple of Gaea tapes.

Comment

Since everyone is talking about the Divas, here's a link

http://tuccioholic.com/degrading.htm

Comment

Blame the Hardy marks that's all I can say Lita was the shiznit.
                  If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I would like to see a "CMLL" videogame rather than AAA's. But is a huge step on game development here in Mexico, Immersion games if I'm not wrong are the ones who made Cellfactor Psychokinetic Wars for XBLA/PS3 and it as a pretty decent game and it's a latin company... Anyway the only thing interesting on AAA is La Parka (but it's not the original one, the real Parka is on CMLL now...).

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

I gave up watching wrestling about 3 months ago. I got tired of the terrible acting.

Comment

Wrestling got really sad after the Attitude Era IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Swagger View Post
                            Wrestling got really sad after the Attitude Era IMO.
                            Indeed. It's started getting to stupid after that.

There aren't any good wrestlers anymore. They have no appeal.

John Cena sucks. He' a terrible actor. If I have to hear him say "You can't see me!" again I'm going to throw my TV out the window.

Comment

I did like John Cena but only when he was a smackdown superstar and was with his Thug persona but when he got this soldier persona, he sucked bad!

Let's not forget that its already a stupid PG13 wrestling show. They even renamed John Cena's FU finisher to Attitude *cough* Adjustment.
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-30-2009, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Yeah, now they're to family orriented. Like it's okay to have scantaly vlad women fight each other, but none of the good ole stuff can happen. I remember one of the best DX moments from the Attitude era, when DX did the whole Vince loves cocks thing. I found that hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X