No announcement yet.

Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't work out anymore but yeah he was a monster back in the day. I wish he was still wearing the mask

Comment

I miss the computerized voice too.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

LOL you mean the part he really can't speak storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by Swagger View Post
          The scripted era of WWF was so top notched but these WWE days is a major failure.
          It never stopped being scripted?

Comment

If anything, it's more heavily scripted. Both matches and promos. Only the most trusted veterans seem to be allowed to go unscripted and a lot of the current top tier WWE guys drown out there because all they really know is the scripted style.

Definitely prefer TNA right now, despite there occasionally silly storylines. At least there women get treated like human beings most of the time (and this is from a company that had pole dancers on the entrance ramp at one time...) and the wrestlers seem to have more freedom during the match. Plus they have Christopher Daniels. Auto-win.

Comment

Originally posted by kevstah2004 View Post
              I miss the computerized voice too.
              How about when HE was in DX briefly (the tag team with X-Pac)? I remember that..."SUUUUUUCK IT" via voice box.

Yeah it seems bald, beefy Kane is just another heavyweight. Might as well bill him "Glenn Jacobs."

Comment

This why I watched/watch wrestling. I liked the brief reunion when Kane & Taker faced MVP & Mr. Kennedy.

Give Taker a shot at WWE title, I want to see him beating the crap out of John Cena. The World Heavyweight Championship is like a whore these days.
                Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-31-2009, 01:32 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Look at how much they already own: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...wned_by_Disney

They're one of the 'Big 5' (or whatever it is) that basically own the entirety of the mainstream media.

Comment

Wrong thread bud. Definitely post it in the other thread, will certainly shut a few people up!
                    Last edited by Stu; 08-31-2009, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardhouseMusic View Post
                      How about when HE was in DX briefly (the tag team with X-Pac)? I remember that..."SUUUUUUCK IT" via voice box.

Yeah it seems bald, beefy Kane is just another heavyweight. Might as well bill him "Glenn Jacobs."
                      He says something strange in WWF Attitude / Warzone too when you press X+Triangle / Square+Circle for the chants sounds like "No one guessed i'm gay" with his voice box lol
                      Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-31-2009, 02:30 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah mayne! those are some IMMENSE one handed cockerspaniel applesauce slams! His triple backflip hologram attack is even more awesome! I love it!

Comment

About the only thing that isn't fake or scripted on TV is the history channel and even that is full of propaganda.

sigpic

Comment

Gideon, have you ever seen the Andy Kaufman biopic Man on the Moon? Before Kaufman gets into that whole Jerry Lawler "feud," there's a scene of him watching a pro wrestling event, marveling that "this is just like ballet!"

It's a presentation, it's a performance, in theory it's no different than a theater tour or choreography or a carnival. Yes, there's an immense amount of crudity involved with pro wrestling's images, gimmicks, etc but like any other performance it's just about giving a solid presentation. You don't have to be a child or immature to admire the way the performers execute these moves or even the way they can manipulate an audience with their persona (it works on the same principle as films or stand-up comedians, some can do it better than others, some can't).

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon Quinn View Post
                              Yeah mayne! those are some IMMENSE one handed cockerspaniel applesauce slams! His triple backflip hologram attack is even more awesome! I love it!
                              I think you made your point. But only trying to add to isn't making anyone here look worse off than yourself.

Comment

Smackdown is where all the actual talent is at right now, its actually quite enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X