Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's just say I was...very surprised to hear such a thing had happened. It seems almost impossible, especially given Enrico and Dominion's stuff, that such a mod would have an issue. I was quite...flabbergasted. I'm not even remotely worried though. But if a C&D letter does exist, then I want to see a copy. I very much doubt I will see it, of course, but I like to cover my bases.

Comment

Just through Google i can find multiple links to download an ISO for DC so if Capcom really care enough to issue a C&D then why are all these links active and so easy to find? I smell total BS

Comment

Yeah, there is a funky, especially given he was talking about quitting. Still, it's nice to give people the benefit of the doubt and let them post proof they aren't lying.

Comment

Oh by all means if it's genuine then i'd be interested in seeing the order too but until there's hard proof then in my opinion he's BS'ing.

Comment

trust me I want to release the mod,but capcom told me not to.and also I don't have the C&D,my mom does and right now she's hiding it from my dad,because if he finds out he's gonna kick my ass.My dad is very short temperd.so right now i cannot show anyone it.
            sigpic
            www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Capcom sent you the C&D through the mail? Where did they get your address?

Comment

they searched my ip and said i had copy right materials from Resident Evil
                sigpic

Comment

How would they have obtained your IP?

Comment

To be honost,i have no idea.maybe through my internet service provider?Im stumped.
                    Last edited by BrionIrons; 04-30-2011, 08:09 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's funny because on the modding forums you said they emailed you, here is it right here

They emailed me a CEASE and DESIST.which means If I don't stop the project,they will take me to court.They said I violated copyrights on Resident Evil.This goes to show you that they don't support modding.even though its popular and other game companies are supporting it.So I decided to remove the download links and just delete my project.It hurts because I put 3 years of work into it.but I'd rather stop the project than end up in court.

Comment

^^ Whoops.
                        Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Schoolboy error

Comment

there is no whoops.HecRPD is my brother.we were both working on the mod.

but anyway im done talking about this.im gonna move on now.
                            Last edited by BrionIrons; 05-01-2011, 07:11 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

We don't have to fear Capcom's wrath then, I assume?
                              No harm was done to anyone involved so there's no need to continue exaggerating this any longer...

Still, I can't help but find these posts above mine quite amusing.

Comment

Indeed. It's fairly clear the rest of us have nothing to worry about, so let's leave it be folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X