X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important info about the Modding Forum! *READ THIS BEFORE POSTING*

When creating a topic here, please follow this formatting:
    • If you are presenting (not releasing) some modifications that you made, use the following in the thread title, before any other text [PRESENT]
    • If you are asking a question concerning modifying, use [QUESTION]
    • If you are releasing a modification of any type, please use [RELEASE]
    • If you are creating a tutorial, please use [TUTORIAL]

Be as descriptive as possible after the type of thread title. For instance, if you were releasing a Leon skin for Resident Evil 4 PC, your thread title should look like this:
    [RELEASE] Leon Emo Skin [RE4 - PC]
    Another example would be, if I want to find information on the .ARC format that RE5 uses, the thread would look like this:
    [QUESTION] Development of cracking the .arc format [RE5 - ALL]
    A Present example:
    [PRESENT] Various Skins (High Resolution Textures) [RE4 - PC]
    A Tutorial example:
    [TUTORIAL] Extracting RE1,2,3 Backgrounds [RE1 RE2 RE3 - PS1]

The tail end [] should always contain the game, and the platform that your thread pertains to.

We strongly encourage users to release their modifications whenever possible. Its through constant feedback from the community that you will find the strength to continue developing it. Presenting threads should only be used when you are looking for feedback on a WIP modification. Please be kind, and respect each other and their works. You never know if the person you insult will eventually come to find out tricks which would be very beneficial to the community.

Continued misuse of this policy may result in your posting privileges being taken away.

FYI: The colors used are an aid to draw your attention to the proper areas. Using color in thread titles is not allowed, thus simply use the brackets.

We also encourage you to use THIA's picture hosting services. This way, if someone is browsing a thread several years from now, the images will still be available.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-02-2009, 05:03 PM.

If you guys can think of anything else I might need to do for the section to thrive, let me know!

Comment

This may or not be necessary, but can we combine thread types and have two? Like question AND release? Or can we just use a question within a "release" type of thread?
      Last edited by WeskerIncarnate; 08-02-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

If you are releasing something, you can use that as a discussion thread as well. Ill be watching the section a lot, so if say, the ARC format is cracked, I'll change the .ARC thread to a release and modify the OP.
        Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-02-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Ah. Alright then.

And should I move, or more like remake my RE2 thread to here now? Or should I just leave it the way it is?

Comment

If you want me to move it I can, but I think re-creating it would be better ;) Perhaps a link in the OP to the previous thread would work. Just to give a frame of reference to people. But please make the OP as detailed as possible!
            Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-02-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Done. Thanks, Dot.

Comment

Another thing, if you are RELEASING, or making a TUTORIAL, always give proper credit to those who developed the tools and/or the method. Its a big deal for me that the proper people get credit for things they've done, so please respect that.

Comment

Oh, and what picture hosting services do you speak of? Attachments?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Oh, I see. The pictures are stored internally.

Yes, that will prove to conserve this site quite a bit longer in general.

Comment

I won't be supporting this forum why? because I want Enrico's forum to thrive.

I ask that you don't re-post any of my findings here.
                        There was absolutely no reason to start this forum, I can't believe Dot has shitted on Enrico like this.
                        Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-02-2009, 07:36 PM.
                        If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I don't see why they can't co-exist. THIA is a closed community for the most part. We have our members here who like to modify the games and they asked for a forum to be created. Stop trying to create some drama between Enrico's site and ours because there is none.
                          Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-02-2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

No drama, but I don't see the point why not just link to Enrico's forum? all that's gonna be posted here is information and research from the users who post there and bioflames.
                            RE4 and RE5 already have a modding forum too http://z6.invisionfree.com/Resident_...ex.php?act=idx it seems pretty pointless starting a new forum from scratch with all the information pulled from the sites I mentioned, do you really wanted your server filled with mods that are already available elsewhere?
                            Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-02-2009, 08:23 PM.
                            If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

I've seen too many forums with lots of valuable information get hacked to fully trust someone else's. Its nothing personal or anything, but if you look at what happened to Bioflames (it was hacked twice, and is currently broken to the point where registration is nearly impossible) you'll see what I mean.

I've been asking Kim to get backups of the forum incase something would ever happen, but that hasn't come to pass. I don't talk much to Enrico and like I said, its nothing personal. I think what hes doing over there is great. I'm not saying the guy doesn't know site security. Its just my own insecurities getting the best of me. I don't get why everything has to be some kind of drama in the community, like we're roving gangs or something trying to take over other peoples turf.

If this was the attitude for everyone, we'd all be browsing Resident Evil A New Blood.
                              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-02-2009, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X