NPC Skins
      -
      =RESIDENT EVIL BETA
      Beta Title Screen
      Beta Character Selection

RESIDENT EVIL 2
      Darkside Chronicles - Claire Skin
      Barry Burton Skin
      =RESIDENT EVIL 1.5 / BETA / TRIAL (Beta 2 Download)
      Biohazard 2 Trial Edition Background Rips (.bss)
      RE2 Beta Licker Scene Add-on
      Prototype Leon Skin w/ Knife Holster
      Prototype Birkin Skin
      Prototype Ada/Annette "Linda" Ada Skin
      Elza Walker Skin
      Wounded Leon Skin
      Project Biohazard 2 Prerelease
      Project: Biohazard 2 Trial Edition Mod Version
      -
      Resident Evil 2 PAL Codes

Biohazard 2 Beta Codes

RESIDENT EVIL 3
      Rebecca's Escape
      Biohazard 1.5 Backgrounds for SPANISH RE3
      -
      RE3 Trainer
      RE3 Dreamcast Cheats
      ----------

RESIDENT EVIL 4
      -
      -

RESIDENT EVIL 5
      -
      -

---------

OTHER GAMES
      Resident Evil Outbreak Cheats - All Playable Characters
      Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2 Cheats - All Playable Characters

---------

UNRELEASED MODS

Resident Evil Ranjist Tong Tech Demo
      DOMINION MODS
      Last Human Front
      Dark Biohazard

There's mostly everything, feel free to use it in a sticky if you like, Admins.
      Will eventually add to it with links to other sites / threads in forums.

Comment

The "Director's Cut Add-on for PC" was canceled.
        The author claimed that Capcom sent an R&D requesting him to stop work on and distribution of the mod.

Are there any consequences to how THIA handles Resident Evil modding in general due to this?
        I'll admit that I am a bit irritated by this event as I did not assume Capcom to react in such a way to modding.

Many game companies support or at least tolerate modding as it helps increase popularity of their products but Capcom thinks differently, it seems...

I also remember similar events in different gaming communities.
        (Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes comes to mind, shudder...)

Comment

This is the first mod I've ever seen shutdown like this. It might be because it was porting RE: DC, a game currently for sale on the PSN, but honestly? I doubt this will impact other mods.

I would love to see a copy of the C&D letter though, to see exactly why it happened.

Comment

Will put money on it that Capcom did absolutely NOTHING of the sort.

Comment

No they really did give us a cease and desist.they claim that the addon mod violates their copyrights.At first i don't see how.We aren't making money off of it.Its a free download.But I think that because they released Director's Cut on PSN that my addon mod for the PC version of RE1 might harm their sales for the PSN Version.

3 Years of hard work right in the crapper.But you know what,its all good.
              Last edited by BrionIrons; 04-29-2011, 03:43 PM.
              sigpic
              www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
                Will put money on it that Capcom did absolutely NOTHING of the sort.
                You mean that BrionIrons just wanted to give us a good reason why he quit the project?
                Sure, that's also possible but it's not like I wouldn't suspect Capcom of being capable of doing something like this...
                Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-29-2011, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                  I also remember similar events in different gaming communities.
                  (Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes comes to mind, shudder...)
                  You might want to do a little more research on that one. It's been proven and admitted that they received no C&D letter for that project. The guy in charge of the mod went crazy and made it all up. Crimson Echoes is now finished and released as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alzaire View Post
                    You might want to do a little more research on that one. It's been proven and admitted that they received no C&D letter for that project. The guy in charge of the mod went crazy and made it all up. Crimson Echoes is now finished and released as well.
                    Nobody can say that I haven't done my research on Crimson Echoes.

I have followed the development of that mod very closely...
                    So closely, in fact, that I have kept backups of every single revision of Crimson Echoes that ever existed during it's five year development period:

Same goes for Prophet's Guile, yet another (small-scale) mod created by Kajar Labs to spawn more interest in Chrono Trigger hacking when CE seemed dead after the first batch of alpha builds was forged:

Of course I also know that a slightly more complete build than what was shown at the CEMemorial was released on Monday, January 17, 2011.

But when and where did ZeaLitY ever admit that he made that C&D up?
                    I haven't seen any definite proof of this, just rumors.

And other members of the team continued to deny this even after the final build was "leaked".
                    I'd be very interested in seeing whatever proof there is that makes this statement clear!

Sorry for getting off-topic but this has really caught my interest.

Edit:
                    Pure madness ahead:
                    http://www.formspring.me/buu700
                    And how's this?
                    http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...echoes/c1ej9vu
                    A very funny guy, indeed...
                    Last edited by Upaluppa; 04-30-2011, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                      You mean that BrionIrons just wanted to give us a good reason why he quit the project?
                      I'm saying of all the projects Capcom could've taken action against, what makes something as primitive as this special enough to require Capcom's lawyers to get involved?

Let's see the C&D i say.

Bare in mind i've seen BrianIrons/hecRPD post his "mods" on Biohaze in the past only to see him give up on them eventually to move on to new projects.

edit: Not to mention he even says he quit modding last week in that thread you linked to haha

Someone's just covering their ass.
                      Last edited by Stu; 04-29-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Nope,we are not making anymore mods.
                        sigpic
                        www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

I would like to see a print screen or scan of the C&D letter, if possible, to know what to avoid in future projects. If that's at all possible, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                            I would like to see a print screen or scan of the C&D letter, if possible, to know what to avoid in future projects. If that's at all possible, of course...
                            Never going to happen.

Comment

Possibly not, but I do like to give people a chance before I reach for the tar and feathers. If he really did get a C&D I wanna see it, given I'm involved in more than one mod project.

Comment

In football, you tell your players to play to the whilst. I'd suggest you did the same because you'll just be getting concerned over something that isn't going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X