X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Understood Boss!

Comment

It just feels at times your trying to steal over sites thunder like any site outside of THIA isn't allowed to exist it's like you completely dismiss them and only care about making THIA look better.
      Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-02-2009, 08:37 PM.
      If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Keeping accounts for all sorts of corners of the world is an annoyance to some. Free boards aren't secure, people fail at backing them up, lots of information vanishes, etc... It's the sad reality of them.

This does not exist as a migration solution, saying that "all that's gonna be posted here is information and research from the users who post there and bioflames" comes off as pretty arrogant and cocky comment, especially considering how knit together a lot of people are either members of one or more of these boards, and are people who may only actively post at one of them, some also even inactive people who were to begin with some of those who put down the first bricks and pointers some people may have started with for what has now become their total passion and full-time hobby.

People asked for a modding forum here. I, and several other staff members, proposed years ago that Dot50Cal set up a system for openly keeping track of these sorts of things.

And there's a reason why people are being told in the opening post that citing their sources and giving credit where credit is due is important. Far too many times has stuff either been stolen elsewhere, somehow mis-linked to some backwater site hosted in the Andes Mountain or just simply vanished 'cause people were being cheap and didn't pay for their hosting solutions and thus had no rights as far as security and backups goes.

Comment

Seems Enrico's site is down anyway. Bad luck.

Comment

No it's not stop talking bs.
            Welcome back; your last visit was on Aug 3 2009, 02:31 PM

sigpic

Comment

when I tried to get into the site, it was.

And what's with the Welcome Back thing?
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-09-2009, 05:27 PM. Reason: Don't be an ass.

Comment

is it nessisary to have a modding forum, is there that many modders in THIA?

Comment

We have some private forums. There aren't that many with access to those here on THIA, but we still have some private forums.

This forum will "probably" serve more as an archive than an actual sub-forum, besides, no one's forcing you to browse/check it if you don't have any interest in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                    We have some private forums. There aren't that many with access to those here on THIA, but we still have some private forums.

This forum will "probably" serve more as an archive than an actual sub-forum, besides, no one's forcing you to browse/check it if you don't have any interest in it.
                    good point carn, ok now i get it

Comment

And once I can get a day off from work, I'll try to write up some nice tutorials like extracting the backgrounds from PS1 games.

Comment

Two questions:

1. What if we do not know the original author of the tool/s that we use to create a specific tutorial. Could we just say something alone the lines of "Credits go to the original author of "X" tool" until someone can verify the original author through PM or an simple reply?

2. I use mc32 to view the backgrounds ripped from the RE/Bio titles would it be OK to link to the application or to just mention the tools name and leave it at that?

Comment

MC32 is from the Sony SDK, I don't think Dot allows that type of stuff unless it linked outside the site.
                          Last edited by kevstah2004; 08-14-2009, 08:49 PM.

sigpic

Comment

hey Dot,can you write a tutorial for extracting the backgrounds and other files from PS2 games,please?
                            I only can open the TIM2 files,the voice files and the movie files...
                            thanks

Comment

I haven't really dug into the PS2 games besides Outbreak, but I'll see what I can muster up.

Comment

It would be nice if someone made a sticky of the collection of mods the community has made and categorize them in what they're trying to achieve as well as links to their thread/download.

Also, does anyone have information on where to download the Dominion Mod? It looked epic as fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X