Resident Evil PC uncut or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil PC uncut or not?

I'm trying to get a copy of the game but I'm really curious to what the game offers over the PS1 version. The box say that the PC version is completely uncut, with even more blood, graphic violence and gory scenes than the worldwide monster hit version on PlayStation. Can anyone confirm that for me? Shelling out the cash for a cd version with just a case and no box is a bit pricey but I wouln't mind having this version as long as it really contains the uncut cutscenes and more gore.
    Last edited by alf717; 08-03-2009, 08:46 PM.

The PC version is uncut - it features the full uncensored opening in full colour, there are some differences - new alternative outfits for Jill and Chris. MAC-10 unlockable weapon for Jill, FN Minimi for Chris. There should be the blood filters for more gore in it too.

The only PC version that is not uncut, is the Australian and New Zealand release which still made use of the censored footage that we've gotten for each RE1 release (we've gotten shafted every single time). My memory is most likely wrong on this though.
    Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-03-2009, 09:30 PM.
    sigpic
    Non-blurry Signature Version
    Youtube | Steam | Website (Under Construction)

Comment

do you know if the german re 1 pc is uncut,too?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert_Kendo View Post
        do you know if the german re 1 pc is uncut,too?
        I'm fairly certain that the German RE1 PC release is also uncut.

The only censored release was the Australian and New Zealand release, it caused a bit of ruckus as we were once again misled with the marketing and/or packing to be completely uncensored.
        sigpic

Comment

I have the US and ASIAN RE1 PC, and both are uncut.

Another major difference is that the character models appear solid, unlike the PSX version where several polygons "glitch" while the character moves (at least the PSX version in epsxe has this problem but I guess it appears in a real Playstation too).

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
            I have the US and ASIAN RE1 PC, and both are uncut.

Another major difference is that the character models appear solid, unlike the PSX version where several polygons "glitch" while the character moves (at least the PSX version in epsxe has this problem but I guess it appears in a real Playstation too).
            Yeah, the models are solid as it allows more 3D engines for it so the models look a bit sharper and/or clearer and haven't got any glitch issues (and some of the plugins for ePSXe have rendering issues with particular games, I know RE1 and RE1 - DC do have some issues in PSX emulators that are not present when played on the actual console, some do appear - some are just the plugins for the emulators so it is a bit of trial and error there).

So it does look a lot better in terms and is completely uncut, excluding the Australian and New Zealand releases (some UK releases are also censored).
            Last edited by Enetirnel; 08-05-2009, 07:49 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Thank for the info! I think I'll order a copy them. I order RE3 months ago and it was the Xplosiv version which works well even on Vista.

Comment

I think the Mercenaries exe is missing from the Xplosiv disc. And that's the only difference between it and the Eidos PC version.

RE1 works well on Vista too. The only thing is that you have to cap the framerate to 30fps because in new computers it runs faster than normal.

Comment

Yes, Doomed is correct. The Mercenaries IS missing from the Xplosiv range version of Resident Evil 3, the rest of it is the same as the other PC releases.

It might not always work right away, so make sure that you have the compatibility mode on it as Vista does like to have a hissyfit with the older versions.
                  sigpic

Comment

I tested RE 1 on PC already and the entire game need to be installed and played in Win95 mode. The only time I noticed the game speeding up was during cutscenes but I will keep the 30FPS thing in mind when I get a copy to install. I found about merc later after I purchased the game. I got screwed over on Amazon the seller had a pic of the original boxed US version and I got the Xplosiv version. Still the game works fine and all just need to keep my eyes peeled for the better versions is all.
                    Last edited by alf717; 08-04-2009, 07:26 PM.

Comment

From what I know about the rest of the world it is uncut in most places and being in the US you should be fine, but here in the UK the original Virgin Interactive Big Box PC version is cut for sure, the intro movie is in black and white, cut and very low quality, the first zombie cutscene is also cut. I can't say if later versions of the game were uncut as I don't have, and have never played any of the budget/re-releases of this game.

Edited!

I'm also trying to get Resi 1 working on a fast PC at the moment, can anybody point me in the right directon as how to cap the frame rate to 30fps, what do i need and where can I get it?
                      Last edited by PlopPlop; 08-05-2009, 07:49 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Originally posted by PlopPlop View Post
                        I'm also trying to get Resi 1 working on a fast PC at the moment, can anybody point me in the right directon as how to cap the frame rate to 30fps, what do i need and where can I get it?
                        I'm guessing by using a frame cap might be within the graphic card software. I use an ATI card and do not have this option, I only have the option to turn V-Sync on which still runs the game fast. One solution is to use an application like CPU killer but I don't know too much about these type of applications.

Since we are on the topic of RE on PC I wanted to add something I found with the SourceNext version of Biohazard 2. I was messing with the registry to find out if it were possible to adjust the resolution of each game manually it didn't work but what I did find was a key named "SuperHardSwitch". If you set the value of this switch to "1" you have the option to play the game in Hard mode (both original and arranged mode) which so far I found gives you 20 bullets when you pick up pistol ammo and some zombies will always get up not matter how many bullets you put in them unless you blow there heads off. One other thing I noticed was like in RE: Director's cut your pistol can randomly land you a head shot.

I'm not sure if you can unlock hard mode if you complete the game or meet certain objectives but I figure this was a find worth noting.
                        Last edited by alf717; 08-05-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Thanx for the info, I'll have to look into this further I see.
                          Last edited by PlopPlop; 08-05-2009, 10:18 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

There's a patch that MarkGrass made and it supposedly fixes the framerate issues of RE1: http://markgrass.the-horror.com/Rele...l/BIOPATCH.RAR but.. it doesn't work for me. Here are the instructions: http://www.bioflames.com/forum/viewt...4304ce8d95948e

You can also try this program: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...ight=framerate

I haven't tested it, if you do tell us if it works for RE1!

When I play RE1 I use FRAPS to cap it while I record videos.
                            Last edited by doomed; 08-05-2009, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I couldn't even get either of the programs to run!

It's odd, I've installed all four Resident Evil PC versions and at some time on one PC or another I've had problems with them all!!!

RE1 - Runs too fast and won't even run the disc unless you know about the compatability mode.

RE2 - For some odd reason is running too SLOW on my modern system that will run Crysis well, and the box says it only need a P133 to run?

RE3 on my last system had the Direct X 9 problem with the sound.

And RE4 has the problem with the missing .dll file is it, unless your running the exact generation of XP that it was programmed for it needs that file.

So I'm REALLY excited to be getting RE5 for the PC when it comes out!!!

Anyway back to the topic at hand.
                              Last edited by PlopPlop; 08-05-2009, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X