Dead Rising Demo: Jill's Sandwiches & Gameplay vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Rising Demo: Jill's Sandwiches & Gameplay vid

A little known fact is that this game contains a lot of spoofs and homages to games of past. One of them is of course RE1, with the famous line "You were almost a Jill sandwich!" from Barry. Capcom have added a store in Dead Rising called "Jill's Sandwiches". In the recently released demo I grabbed some shots of the store, enjoy!:

I have also added a 9 minute video of some of the cool aspects of this game. Namely, maming zombies in as many different ways as possible. Check it out by clicking the image below. Do it.

Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-04-2006, 05:52 PM.

Last edited by Borman; 08-04-2006, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Heh, I can see what Inafune meant by "comedic elements". The controls seem similar to Shadow of Rome, but with Dynasty Warriors type action... with lots of blood. I can see why it raised some eyebrows in Germany.

Is the game 1080i or 720p?

Comment

At least 720p I believe, I know thats what it runs at on my monitor.

Comment

I'm pretty sure ALL Xbox 360 game run at both 720p and 1080i, or do most of them just upscale 720p -> 1080i?

Comment

Yup, the system upscales to 1080i if the game's native resolution is 720p. Some support both resolutions natively (the ports anyway or the low spec games like RR6).

Comment

this game is the shit, i found jill's sandwhichs and laughed my ass off.stayed in there and killed zombies till i got the cinema with the night time zombies with glowing eyes... spoooooky...

Comment

Oh, MAN! That game looks killer! I had saw screenshots and read the concept before, but never really saw anything cool from this game. The first few seconds of that video I watched look nice, though(I didn't want everything spoiled)..I'm gonna download that demo today now.

Pretty cool that they pay tribute to other games, but I hope it's not just a gimmick to get people to play because of a lack of good gameplay/other departments.
                If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

Comment

Just to be a bitch. Is it just me or does all the advertisements, logos, publicity and whatnot in the mall look downright amateur? The typography work is really bad. I don't see why they couldn't hire a real ad agency to work on the game. I guess they would've charged a crazy price or something considering all the stores?
                  Last edited by Spaceeeee; 08-09-2006, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Companies spend literally billions of dollars on ad campaigns for products that they DO want to sell. Do you think they're going to pay someone to make advertisements for products that aren't real and are supposed to be humorous in nature?

Comment

True, but I've seen many portfolios from graphic design students that kicked more ass than that. They could've easily gotten a professional looking job at a reasonable price.

Comment

Working...
                      X