Resident Evil 1.5 it's OVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 1.5 it's OVER

Here I have some official Statments from Capcom gathered. All relate to Statments Biohazard 1.5 aka. Resident Evil 1.5 (RE 2 Prototype).

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Interview with Shinji Mikami in the Maniac:

Maniac (magazine): "Mr. Mikami is the so-called Resident Evil 1.5, will ever appear?"
    Shinji Mikami (Capcom): "(laughs), no."

A dialogue between a member and Bioflames a moderator of Capcom EU 1.5 (Partial):

Clayonite (Capcom EU Mod):
    ... Resident Evil 1.5 is certainly one of the biggest phenomena, but I know it ultimately only discs WIP (Work In Progress) here from there. This happens so often in the gaming industry that games are almost completely finished, and then for various reasons never appear. Sometimes it is up to the publishers to assume that the game is not as desired would sell. In this case it was the Capcom management levels and Shinji Mikami himself is not convinced that Resident Evil 1.5 achieved the desired results have ...

Resident Evil 1.5 is more that what Dino Crisis 2 Today offers - Action, the focus of the game is more action and speed in the game. Capcom tried these factors in the RE game installed, but it did not the desired result in his time, in other words, Resident Evil 1.5 was his time for years advance, such as the following titles (Resident Evil 4) showed ...

... Ok, back to your original question, I'm sure that Capcom, the game will never be published. Maybe you publish something from 1.5 to special collector's bonus discs, but never as an independent game. That is highly unlikely, I'm sorry ...

... yeah, if it goes to 1.5, I can say that Capcom and Shinji Mikami to the game were not satisfied because it is a too big step between Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 1.5 was ... They wanted it more hanging together, of the story. in other words, the story slowed 1.5 river and brought the game is not in the desired direction ...
    Last edited by fujin78; 08-13-2009, 11:59 AM.

Okay... except this is an English forum? Please translate it before you post it.

Comment

I know this interview..where did you find it??On a german site (REB)?
      Last edited by Robert_Kendo; 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
        Okay... except this is an English forum? Please translate it before you post it.
        Its a little rough but google translate seem to work better than babelfish.

Here I have some official Statments from Capcom gathered. All relate to Statments Biohazard 1.5 aka. Resident Evil 1.5 (RE 2 Prototype).

Interview with Shinji Mikami in the Maniac:

Maniac (magazine): "Mr. Mikami is the so-called Resident Evil 1.5, will ever appear?"
        Shinji Mikami (Capcom): "(laughs), no."

A dialogue between a member and Bioflames a moderator of Capcom EU 1.5 (Partial):

Clayonite (Capcom EU Mod):
        ... Resident Evil 1.5 is certainly one of the biggest phenomena, but I know it ultimately only discs WIP (Work In Progress) here from there. This happens so often in the gaming industry that games are almost completely finished, and then for various reasons never appear. Sometimes it is up to the publishers to assume that the game is not as desired would sell. In this case it was the Capcom management levels and Shinji Mikami himself is not convinced that Resident Evil 1.5 achieved the desired results have ...

Resident Evil 1.5 is more that what Dino Crisis 2 Today offers - Action, the focus of the game is more action and speed in the game. Capcom tried these factors in the RE game installed, but it did not the desired result in his time, in other words, Resident Evil 1.5 was his time for years advance, such as the following titles (Resident Evil 4) showed ...

... Ok, back to your original question, I'm sure that Capcom, the game will never be published. Maybe you publish something from 1.5 to special collector's bonus discs, but never as an independent game. That is highly unlikely, I'm sorry ...

... yeah, if it goes to 1.5, I can say that Capcom and Shinji Mikami to the game were not satisfied because it is a too big step between Resident Evil 1 and Resident Evil 1.5 was ... They wanted it more hanging together, of the story. in other words, the story slowed 1.5 river and brought the game is not in the desired direction ...
        Last edited by alf717; 08-13-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I've read that before somewhere, odd.
          Either way, judging from the title, we'll get it one day, you watch.

Comment

Google did that? Damn, that's a pretty good translation. That's quite cool. I think it'd be good if they released 1.5 as a bonus to a new RE game or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradon View Post
              I've read that before somewhere, odd.
              Either way, judging from the title, we'll get it one day, you watch.
              I'm pretty sure the Dino Crisis 2 thing has been mentioned here on THIA before. I guess at the time 1.5 could have felt like more of an action title since there were more zombies but from each video I've seen, I've never seen Leon or Elza run while aiming a gun so I kind of feel like the Dino Crisis 2 reference it a little off. I liked how 1.5 gave the zombies more speed and the ability to climb small ledges. I guess this wasn't added in the final build since there really weren't too many areas where the player could hide and just snipe the zombies from a top or a box or ledge. Leon could certainly be labeled as the black sheep of the RE series since each title he has been featured in has been started and then scraped to create an entirely different game each time. Poor Leon.
              Last edited by alf717; 08-13-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

So what's "over" about RE1.5?

If you mean it's over as in Capcom will never officially release the game, it's kinda stupid to say so because it's just common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixtro View Post
                  So what's "over" about RE1.5?

If you mean it's over as in Capcom will never officially release the game, it's kinda stupid to say so because it's just common sense.
                  capcom will never make re1.5
                  NEVER

Comment

We knew Capcom would never release the game. Which I always find a little crazy. It would take a minimal cost to finish and offer up for download on the PSN/Microsoft Store, but enough of the big wigs at Capcom don't like it that it'll never see a release...at least, not by them.

However, there are goodness only knows how many copies floating around in the real world. In theory those copies are protected against sale by agreements with Capcom, but we know they've been sold occasionally, or possibly copies of them have been. It's a question of when, not if, someone in the community such as Dot or Alzaire manages to get hold of it and slip it onto a torrent.

We may wait a while but it will happen. And when it does? You'll hear my fangirlish shrieks of joy wherever you are in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                      We may wait a while but it will happen. And when it does? You'll hear my fangirlish shrieks of joy wherever you are in the world.
                      I would pay CASH MONEY to see a YouTube video of you making "fangirlish shrieks."

Comment

...how much?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                          ...how much?

i have 25 cents and a pack of Big Red gum in my pocket....

is that enough?
                          Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-13-2009, 02:06 PM.

Comment

I'd like to entertain the idea of Capcom releasing Resident Evil 1.5 as a downloadable title for PSN or GameTap, and market it as some special limited release or something. I wouldn't mind paying at least $15 for it if ever ever released. Yes, that is true. I know the game wasn't completed, but I wouldn't mind playing and paying something that's nearly completed. After all, it is Resident Evil. I don't think it wouldn't even require any sort of adjustment to be made for consumers, other then perhaps text translations, but even Capcom wouldn't have to worry about that.
                            If you have Twitter, follow me!. =P

Comment

Originally posted by fujin78 View Post
                              capcom will never make re1.5
                              NEVER
                              Do you not understand English very well or are you just plain stupid?

Comment

Working...
                              X