Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
    ...an lo! FOR IT WAS GOOD!

Oh goodness me, I want this. Can I swap my copies of RE4 and RE5 for this?
    I'd rather see it supported and published by Capcom... It would be a FANTASTIC Xbox Live Arcade/PSN title. Never gonna happen .

I have some love for RE4 & RE5 even when they're the black sheeps of the saga.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

In my case, it's personal preference. I think this looks scarier than RE4 and 5 were and that's what I play Resident Evil for.

Comment

Yes its good to hear more about this project. I also liked the timeline, thought it was well done.

Comment

heh, funny i just asked dominion a few days ago, if the dark biohazard site will go online again in near time and now its back.

about a trailer, he said that there will be one maybe this/next month..

Comment

^This is good. I'd like to see another trailer of this mod.

Comment

In my case, it's personal preference. I think this looks scarier than RE4 and 5 were and that's what I play Resident Evil for.
              I feel the exact same way. Wow this looks amazing, the storyline is pretty good. I like how he ironically made Brad out to be a hero in his own way, refusing the medal and fighting against Umbrella (in court that is ). I hope the "Fallen Stars" memorial statue is in the game, that sounds awesome.
              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Hell yes. It is definetly scarier than RE4 & RE5... The whole context is so creepy. The STARS are dead and maybe one of their corpses could be wandering out there, wanting me for zombie chow .

Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
                heh, funny i just asked dominion a few days ago, if the dark biohazard site will go online again in near time and now its back.

about a trailer, he said that there will be one maybe this/next month..
                EPIC FANGASM... More trailers please. Moreeeeeeeeee! The one with Rebecca was FUCKING FANTASTIC.
                Last edited by Beanovsky Durst; 08-21-2009, 10:29 PM.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Dark Biohazard is not only a mod: it's a freakin' milestone. Not only does it modify a game that never had any official means or support for doing so, it also changes it to unbelievable extents. I'd say that the only mod that comes close to it in terms of dedication, design and overall effort is Black Mesa (tho in different proportions). Not only that, unlike most ambitious mods, it ACTUALLY seems it'll get finished!

That being said, the writing in every single trailer turns me seriously off.

Comment

Only thing I find weird about the story is Brad knowing Umbrella was involved. Having the STARS get killed off in the regular course of the game's (RE1) environment works no problem. I hope there is some kind of explanation (or maybe if DB is successful, a re-done RE1 mod to fit the story) that tells how Brad became aware of Umbrella being involved. The radios never worked, and I really don't see Brad having set down the helicopter and investigated into the mansion or areas, considering from the beginning he was always known as "chicken-heart" and he bailed pretty quickly in the intro... But considering all the changes, I'm sure it can be explained.

Looking forward to the next trailer.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am looking forward to playing this MOD. Dominion is the master of modificating! ;D

So sad to see Jill dead though, not to mention that trailer that shows a bloody Rebecca crying... That really scared me. A lot.

This mod is nice because we can go back in time, to the old times of Survival Horror and gore, we can go back to the golden times of Resident Evil most of the fans miss so much [and I include myself in this "group"].
                      http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                      Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

I can't wait for this. It would be cool if for a section of the game you had to return to the mansion to find, like, a key or something which is on one of the S.T.A.R.S. members.

Comment

It would be interesting but I'm not sure how it would work. The mansion is a good distance beyond the city, and they're already adding a fair chunk to Raccoon (such as a second, more modern police building and we'll be visiting the old one...on fire) so I'm not sure there would be room.

Still, it's maybe doable. Maybe as a mingame or something? Although that's a lot of work for a minigame...

Comment

The Game Structure is supposedly suppose to be like outbreak where you choose different level's. Who knows maybe Dark Biohazard will have levels from Re1,Re1.5,Re2,Re3,and obviously the Dark Biohazard custom made levels. So far we have seen 1.5 backgrounds Resident evil 2 backgrounds heavily modified of course. and even some of the Re 2 beta backgrounds and the shocking twist of seeing Re3 backgrounds at the end of the 2nd trailer.... So with Dominion and his team work on this game anything is possible, hell he can't take all the backgrounds of 1.5 and we will have re 1.5 but with the polygon count that Re 2 has.... Him and his team are that damn good from what i've seen.

Comment

dear god, after reading that timeline lookin at the old videos it makes me want to buy a copy of RE2 just for the mod...

now if only this won't turn into a duke nukem forever sit

Comment

At last there is some progress shown to the public. I can't wait for this mod. Me want. Me want! *dies of excitement*

Comment

Working...
                                X