No announcement yet.

Dark Biohazard Website Officially Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now I've watched the trailer a couple of times. I think my brain's melting at the idea that it's essentially RE1 running with RE2's engine, as can be seen by the Crimson Heads getting blasted in half.

Also, the fact that the mansion is full of Crimson Heads makes scary level sense. After all, those zombie corpses have been sat there for a while, so since the mansion wasn't destroyed in this time line...

My only issue was the child zombies at the end. I'm normally not a big fan of children in horror, partially because I'm a dad myself and partially because it's too often a cheap scare trick, invoking the park of the human brain designed to protect kids and tweaking it. In this case I'm cautiously optimistic that's not the case. And it was pretty damned creepy. I just wonder what there purpose is...

Comment

Considerably less excited for this than i was when i saw my first trailer for the game. First time around there was a lot of new stuff to get excited about...this time, it's the old game with a bunch of game-breaking (to me) Crimson Heads. There just seems to be way too many of them to deal with properly.

And i thought the trailer was overly long, bordering almost on pretentious. Very good imagery used (the girl in body bag over an Umbrella logo was brilliant) but i thought it was drawn out a little too much with too many cheesy taglines laid over it.

Comment

I'll start getting excited when 2 consecutively released trailers show the same mod. Honestly this project has been around for so long i've lost count of how many times it's been restarted.

Comment

Oh wow, thats amazing! That is an awesome display of commitment to make something like this! I'm impressed, now, i have to find me the RE2 pc version...

Comment

...WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by rewak View Post
              I'll start getting excited when 2 consecutively released trailers show the same mod. Honestly this project has been around for so long i've lost count of how many times it's been restarted.
              Hasn't been restarted again, it's the same mod. It's gonna be a huge game covering a lot of ground. This is sort of like one episode of it, the stuff from the last couple trailers are still there.
              sigpic

Comment

I really like the music in the new teaser.

...a bunch of game-breaking (to me) Crimson Heads. There just seems to be way too many of them to deal with properly.
                I thought the same. It would be near-impossible to win, for even the most elite of BH/RE gameplay experts. Not to mention, most of them used the same skin/texture.

The idea/accomplishment is great, just too over-done. Still,

My only issue was the child zombies at the end. ... it was pretty damned creepy.
                I definitely agree; it is rather disturbing. Although, as disturbing as it may be, if such a tragedy were possible (Bio-weapon leak, etc), I doubt children would be immune.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I liked more the hooded leon model. I dunno, I loved the other trailers this one was bittersweet. Didn't like the "crimson heads" but I love kiddie zombies. We needed kiddie zombies. The mansion stuff is where I debacle, if that's good or not; I can't see how it could be justified.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Well if you think about it, the only thing left would be crimson heads and higher up creatures. If the S.T.A.R.S. never made it out they killed X amount of zombies but whatever was left would turn to crimson heads. I do however agree that it is a bit of overkill but interesting nonetheless.

Comment

I suspect, but don't know, that we aren't usually going to fight the numbers of enemies seen in the trailers. There were an awful lot of zombies in some of the scenes from a previous trailer too. I think it might be Dominion showing what the RE2 engine can do along with emphasising the 'hopeless' theme of the mod rather than true gameplay. The actual gameplay clips seem to be more normal numbers.

Of course, there might be scenes where you do fight vast numbers of enemies. But I suspect they'll be relatively rare.

Comment

Yeah i can imagine a reduction in zombies to be fair, sort of like how Resident Evil 5's first REAL trailer showed a huge crowd all assembled together despite that not happening in the game. Like a tech demo of sorts. I still think the AI could be tweaked a little, just make them a touch slower, they seemed to be able to leap on you in the space of very few frames!

And yeah, a couple of extra skins for them would be essential.

re: The children. Not sure it has any place in Resident Evil to be honest. Looks very disturbing, Silent Hill kind of disturbing. Hopefully it'll be handled with a bit of taste or else if the "outside world" gets hold of it we'll just be looking at baby killing simulator or some melodramatic shit like that.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the mod's author with this next part, i'm just trying to bring expectation levels down to a more appropriate level...
                        Originally posted by Paracelsus View Post
                        Oh wow, thats amazing! That is an awesome display of commitment to make something like this! I'm impressed, now, i have to find me the RE2 pc version...
                        In the grand scheme of things, what from this trailer makes you think that? Essentially it's 90% ripped from the original game, a few new skins and a couple of AI tweaks. It's not that "awesome" a display of commitment really.

Comment

Well, I seem to recall that RE1 and RE2 use very different systems. It's certainly not a case of simply dumping the RE1 files into RE2 and expecting them to work. I may be wrong (I know nothing about the technical issues of these things) but I think what's been done is they have taken, and in some cases edited, the RE1 background skins but had to build the room information such as the wall limit, door placement information, items and such from the ground up.

Which is incredibly hard to do, or so I understand. Dominion and c2keo are apparently the only ones to have managed it so far. And given that this is two guys, working in there spare time, compared to Capcom's team of trained monkeys it's pretty cool. At least to my mind. But then, I'm not exactly Mr Unbiased here.

Comment

No no i agree it must be a very tough job, and i like what they're doing, i'm just saying that there's very little to get excited about from this one trailer that's all.

Comment

Well, we now know that the game will feature parts of RE1 as seen here, sections of RE2 as seen in the trailer with the burning RPD, sections of RE3 which I think have only been mentioned so far and all new sections, at least partially inspired by 1.5. While this single trailer may not have tickled your fancy, and I agree with you about the children issue...I'm really not a big fan of children in horror for the most part, I think when combined with other trailers it paints an intruiging picture. I'm curious to see what the whole adds up to.

Plus there's a chance to blast zombie S.T.A.R.S with a shotgun. How is that not awesome?

Comment

What the hell we're children doing at an umbrella facility?

Comment

Working...
                                X