No announcement yet.

New Darkside Chronicles Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, that's a good point. He had plenty of scenario's in Umbrella Chronicles outside of the exclusive ones with Sergei. It would be nice to use Wesker on that part--but for some reason, I doubt we'll be able to; probably because after landing his nice punch to Alexia, he ends up running away from her, which shows the battle was...rather quick.

But, what the heck! Wesker ended up fighting a a Tyrant in the training facility in Umbrella Chronicles, and later fought the Ivan model a bit after that; so they could change it up a bit to make it more of a battle between Wesker & Alexia instead of a short battle. Seems reasonable enough.
    Last edited by Wesker_101; 08-21-2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisRedfield29 View Post
      That is rather sexy...

Either way, Jill's not ever going to be in this game, she's not even related to Claire/Leon's storyline at all.
      I'm not even bothering to read all the other pages because there is absolutely no plausible reason why she would.

Otherwise.
      A new trailer, I'll watch this later. <3
      Last edited by Gradon; 08-21-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

ZING!

Comment

I do believe that was the saving g.race of this topic. *Dude you can't even say that anymore? bloody filters and YES I know why its censored*
          Can I have the 30mins I just blew reading everything else in this thread back please?
          Last edited by The Dude; 08-21-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
            Oh... So her being shown in her room getting ready means she was caught off guard. Really, if she had enough time to get her gun she could've got a holster...or some pants
            That picture was most likely before the outbreak started.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            That is a fact. (RE5 however did quite a good job in this area, for example, Sheva has more backstory than any other RE characters !)
            I disagree. Sheva had an average Mary Sue backstory, her parents died, she wants revenge. That's all. How is that more backstory than say Billy Coen? An Ex Marine who was sent on a mission in Africa, and ended up disobeying his commanders orders, and was betrayed and framed by him, and was sent in for execution for things he didn't do.

I don't think it's a fact that all RE characters are horribly written and played out.

True, Jill is well received, but it has absolutely nothing to do with her personality. She's sexy AND beautiful AND she kicks zombie ass, that is more than enough to make her a lovable character. Lots of people love Claire and Leon, and most of the time, this is because they discovered the series with RE2, or simply because they are better written (VA+dialogues) than Jill and Chris. Some love Jill, because they have discovered RE with her (like me). Few love Chris, why ? Because let's be honest : no one played with him at the time, the game was freaking hard even with Jill so no one wanted to add even more difficulty. Those who really wanted to play as a man, quickly lost their courage when they saw that they didn't even have a gun in the beginning, had to find even more keys, could not take the shotgun, etc... Among them, those who persevered actually learnt to love Chris, believe it or not. The bond between a character and the player is not necessarily based on their personalities but rather on what the player experienced during the game.
            I don't think that's right either.

Firstly I never found Chris to be harder than Jill. He just had a bit more backtracking (The Keys), But got twice the amount of headshots, which left me with a whole extra reserve of handgun ammo, and he had more health and was stronger too, and didn't need to carry herbs around. I think they are pretty much evenly balanced.

I think a bond between player and character is based a lot on personality's. There are plenty of games Ive played a lot more than RE, where the character in that particular game doesn't compare to other games I have played less. I think I have certainly played GTA more than RE. But I don't really have any sort of bond with the protagonists in that series. Carl was good, but not the others. I mean I like them but nothing compared to how much I like the RE characters.

My childhood favorite series, Spyro the Dragon had some cool characters, and I loved that game series. I played it more than I can remember and had some awesomely fun experiences playing it. Yet, I don't think any of them can compare to the characters in MGS4. And I don't even like MGS4.

Also while Claire has the best VA no doubt, I don't think Leon or her are any better written than Jill is. I'm a huge Claire fan too, but how can you say they are any level above Jill? Especially Leon, just look at Degeneration. And RE1's combined DC and original version sales were slightly bigger than RE2's. I think it's the same amount that started with RE1, that with RE2.

Comment

• [QUOTE]Firstly I never found Chris to be harder than Jill. He just had a bit more backtracking (The Keys), But got twice the amount of headshots, which left me with a whole extra reserve of handgun ammo, and he had more health and was stronger too/QUOTE]

Your forgetting that he had less inventory spaces and as far as the more head shots I think you are thinking of the Directors Cut where he has a custom beretta. Also the Jills game has a better weapon in the grenade launcher were the flamethrower is weak and can only be used in the caves. Each character has his or her strengths and weaknesses and for most people Jill's game was much easier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stars1356 View Post
                Your forgetting that he had less inventory spaces and as far as the more head shots I think you are thinking of the Directors Cut where he has a custom beretta. Also the Jills game has a better weapon in the grenade launcher were the flamethrower is weak and can only be used in the caves. Each character has his or her strengths and weaknesses and for most people Jill's game was much easier.
                I think it was pretty balanced. Every time I replay RE1 or Remake I never find Chris's game any harder than Jill's.

Jill has two extra slots and the Grenade Launcher, But she has 3 ammo types for that weapon to carry. Which in turn takes up a lot of space. And since your not gonna waste you Grenade Launcher on regular zombies, your probably gonna take a Handgun or Shotgun with you too. Taking up more space. It evens out. Plus Jill has to carry a lighter and kerosene in Remake to burn zombies remains, where Chris already has a lighter. I rarely encounter Crimson Heads in Chris's game, yet I can't be bothered to run back and burn them playing as Jill, so I get lots of Crimsons Heads playing as her.

Chris has a higher chance of getting head shots than Jill. And I seem to get them pretty often. More so in Remake than in RE1. But still very often. I got 3 in a row once.

I just don't see what is so much harder about Chris's game than Jill's. They are both the same difficulty for me. And If I had to pick one, Id say Jill's was just a smidgen harder because of the increase in crimson heads later on unless I backtracked throughout the entire mansion a few times and burnt them all.

Comment

• RE1 and REmake =/= Darkside Chronicles

Stop. Derailing. This. Thread.
                  Last edited by Vector; 08-22-2009, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Chris is right. Claire's ass needs discussion.

Comment

RE1 and REmake =/= Darkside Chronicles

Stop. Derailing. This. Thread.
                      I concur. This argument has gone on for waaaay too long now and this thread is off topic, and the people who actually want to discuss Darkside Chronicles and not Jill and REmake, can't post in here. I don't mind heated debates, but not when it spoils it for other people. Let's drop this now, please.

Comment

Hey, I know her.

Not really relevant to the thread discussion, though (then again, the current thread discussion isn't exactly relevant to the thread topic, but whatever).

Comment

• wow...this is a wii game?

seriously this makes RE5 look damn ugly in my eyes!

Comment

• It's CGI people, don't get too over-excited.

Comment

• Originally posted by riderkid View Post
                              wow...this is a wii game?

seriously this makes RE5 look damn ugly in my eyes!
                              CGI has looked better than today's in-game visuals since 1997. The Wii is technically too handicapped to match up to 360/PS3's visuals when it comes to in-game graphics, which is the true important aspect. Not some pre-rendered movie.

Comment

• The Wii has more than enough power it's the disc access that is too slow it's probably why they've degraded the texture quality so it loads quicker since people complained that the demo lagged like crazy.
                                If he had a brain, he'd be dangerous.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X