New Darkside Chronicles Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
    But there IS a reason for Jill and Rebecca not to appear in the game and Chris to appear in it - and that's what everybody here is trying to tell you.
    Alright, well tell me, what is the reason that in no way can Jill or Rebecca possibly make any sort of appearance whatsoever in DSC?

Originally posted by Alexia_Ashford View Post
    This argument is making my head hurt and it's incredibly frustrating.

Missv, you say there is no bias in your post because you had no bias when you started playing. How the hell is that relevant to saying Jill should be in DSC but you're not biased whatsoever? What possible reason would there be for Jill to be in DSC? This point is just insane, it really is. It's like me just blatantly saying "I think Alexia is much cooler than Jill so she should totally appear in RE6 and Jill shouldn't. But I'm not biased, because I wasn't biased when I was 6 and played my first RE game". Ludicrous.
    What?

Go read my post again. I was responding to something someone said there. JB told me to take my hate glasses off, and that I only hate Chris cause I am biased. I said well first time I played RE I was not biased. Because you know, Id never played it before.

Why does it mean because Chris is in CV, Jill and Rebecca should be too? They never appeared in the bloody games. Chris plays HALF of the entire game. If people agree with you, why don't they post and say that then? Because it's beyond my comprehension where the logic for this argument comes in. A character is appearing in an on-rails rehash of an old game where you play for him as 50% OF THE ENTIRE GAME. Wow, this means two completely unrelated characters who were in neither game should appear too!
    Calm down girl! I never said Jill and Rebecca should be in CVX. I said they should be in DSC. DSC does not equal a CVX remake. It also has RE2, a jungle level with Leon, and a 4th unannounced scenario and possibly a few bonus missions too.

Now there is no reason Jill and Rebecca can't make an appearance in the 4th mission or one of the bonus ones. Seeing as Chris is now in it. And HUNK and Ada were in UC too. So yeah they should get an appearance.

Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
    You have previously complained that you have been picked on because of your "feelings" for Jill.
    No I have never. Never done that.

I remember Rakkoon doing that but not me.

No. You made your backwards ass statement about being "offended" that Chris was in a game that he had every right to be in, and then said you wished Jill was in the game because Chris was in it. That is how this all started. No one else seemed upset that Chris was shown. He is strongly connected to Claire, and if it hasn't been said enough: He is in CV.
    No, I said finding out Chris was in it after all put a damper on my day and that I felt slightly depressed that yet again I'm going to have to play as him.

Then I said Jill and Rebecca should appear in the 4th chapter if Chris in in DSC too now.

Also I remember a page or so back someone saying they were unhappy with Chris being in this too.

I've seen more people complaining about Jill than I have Chris.
    Oh? And where is this? Other than you, News Bot and CR29, no one has made any complaints whatsoever about Jill.

I see people hate on Chris a lot.

Here's the age old argument you're sure to bitch right back at me about. Chris is the main character of the series. More events and people were connected to him than any other hero.
    Gah, don't bring that bullshit up again Rosetta. You know as much as anyone that is not true. Stop trying to troll me into getting a response.

Learn to comprehend please. I never said anything about making claims that everything I said was true. I said you have very poor skills at debating. You don't even know how to properly make an argument, let alone deliver it. Let me give you a little lesson: When you are debating something, you need facts, no personal opinion. You state your claim and then you yourself have to provide evidence to refute it. An example: Some studies have shown smoking is a health hazard, and yet I understand the tobacco industry is part of the economy etc.

Your typical argument is "I LOVE ZOMG TEH JILL AND SHE'S THE BEST IN THE ENTIRE SERIES. YOU DONT LIKE HER? WAAA YOU ARE SO MEAN AND MUST HATE ME!" You don't listen to reason, you are a hypocrite saying others dont respect your opinion when you clearly aren't returning the respect.

Like I said before: You cannot argue with someone's personal opinion. "I like the color blue." Well fuck me sideways. What can you say to that? "Blue is shit. Red is better." "NO U" No. That is not how to make an argument.
    When have I ever done that Rosetta? I always use facts as much as I can. And I do add my opinions into a heated argument or debate. Just how you add needless insults to yours.

Do you want me to show you what your arguments are like?

INSULTS!!!

That is your argument usually.

I think some opinions work better in a debate than just hurling insults at the other person because you disagree with them.

I think my ability to analyze something is far better than yours.
    I think you are wrong. Seeing as how you were unable to see a shred of character in any RE protagonist when I saw a decent amount.

You claim Chris has no motives?
    I remember saying Chris has no Realistic Motives. But not no motices at all.

He went through just as much personal shit than Jill, if not more. His SISTER got involved in everything. Unless you're fucking dense and heartless, anyone would do anything to fight to protect the only family they have (or at least have ever been mentioned). Chris makes sacrifices to try and protect Claire. He wanted to make her proud. He was in the Air Force and a member of the police.
    Yeah that is cliched. Protecting his family is one of Chris's motives. But it is done very poorly and there is amazingly only about TWO or so scenes in the entire series where Chris and Claire are together. Sometimes I almost forgot they were related, if not for the last name. That whole plot line was pulled of terribly.

Anyways it's unrealistic, because I mean, does Chris and Claire not have a phone or something? The whole thing was rather pointless really. I mean Claire goes to Umbrella Paris looking for Chris, she's been searching for months. She gets captured, sends Leon an email to send for help. Then somehow, a day or so later Chris finds out Claire is in trouble, and the most dramatic of times. How did Leon find Chris so fast? It's just really stupid. Chris not only has an unrealistic storyline himself, he manages to fuck up other characters story's too. Then Chris, previously uncaring for Claire, suddenly turns up to rescue her. I mean why didn't he suddenly know she was in trouble in RC? Or why didn't he contact her in the months earlier?

Chris's whole story involving family just takes me right out of the game it's so badly pulled off.

He then goes on to try and stop bioterrorists around the world, something Claire herself obviously looks up to and tries to imitate on a more political level.
    No, Claire does the realistic approach to it, while Chris does the moronic cliched action hero approach.

Chris, after narrowly escaping the mansion alive. Willingly decided to put himself back in the same situation again mere days later deciding to go to Umbrella Europe. Then goes to Rockfort and Antarctica, then Russia and a whole lot of other places and makes the BSAA. Who does this? No one. After the mansion incident, any normal person would have had nightmares afterwards for months, the sheer thought of going through it again would terrify them. It's like Chris is just one huge plot device to further the story while the other characters are the realistic ones.

I mean, Jill, she was realistic. She stayed in Raccoon, keeping quite and staying low, we have seen pics of her sitting in her bedroom thinking deeply. Obviously still in aftershock, trying to get over it. We see her walking through the city streets alone. She doesn't go on some stupid BS revenge on Umbrella thing. She tries to get back to her normal life. She resigns from Stars, and keeps tabs on Umbrella's activities. And she records things in her diary. She is realistic! She does things how any normal person would. In RE3, Jill's narration during the opening and the beginning show that she has no idea how she is still alive. How she managed to survive the first few days of the Outbreak. She was clearly terrified about the Outbreak. I mean she was holed up in a warehouse looking out of the windows like a madwomen with Dario in the first section of RE3.

Also Claire busts into a building looking for Chris. There were no zombies there and she was still searching for her brother, she was taken against her will to Rockfort. Afterwards she took to political activism which would be a realistic approach to taking down Umbrella.

What motives does Jill have that aren't cliched, hm? Let's see....Jill follows Chris. Jill does as Chris does. She wants to take out bioterrorists for the same reasons Chris does, except for the fact that she never had family involved.
    Well, like I said before, after the mansion she lays low for a while. Like a normal person. That doesn't work out, Umbrella sends Nemesis after her to kill her.

So, years later, five years in fact, (That's more than enough to get over the aftershock and want some revenge, even just a year or two would be good, it's possible they did missions before Russia together). And after Umbrella's assassination attempts on her life. So she's not safe even if she stays out of it. She decides head out on her next mission. She decided it would do a lot of good to help Chris out and take down the remnants of Umbrella. That is realistic. Also, since she obviously shares a close bond with Chris, she would want to be close to him at all times. She loves him enough to want to sacrifice her own life for him. So I think that motive is a good enough and realistic one for going with Chris, to help take down Umbrella.

Jill is unrealistic. Female and in Delta Force by her early 20s? How often do you think that happens in the real world? She somehow manages to not have a hole in her shoulder where a tentacle entered her body in RE3. Those must be some magical healing powers she has! She is able to survive against huge odds, alone, in a city infested with zombies, while special forces with better numbers and weapons don't. How very, very realistic. Let's not forget that her super virus not only saves her life but JUST SO HAPPENS to be a cure if its ever needed. How very touching. And realistic to boot.

Claire is realistic you say? Early twenties, a master of guns, outruns a helicopter, breaks into a no doubt very highly guarded Umbrella lab and manages to take out entire teams of soldiers? Wow....she's such a realistic character. You sure do have some amazing skills in seeing realism MsV. I bet everyone where you live is super powered, hence why you think things like this are completely average human behavior.

Rebecca and realism? Don't make me laugh. 18 year old college grad, joins elite STARS, lives through a situation her highly more experience superiors don't, and then vanishes off the face of the earth.
    I thought you said before that Jill only received training akin to that found in Delta Force? And what's wrong with a female doing that? Jill surviving and the virus inside her has nothing to do with her character or motives or anything. She didn't choose to be infected.

Claire is a realistic character in terms of her personality and traits. CVX's opening was out of place.

Same with Rebecca.

I DID say that his claims for being involved are a lot stronger than Jills (once again...he's looking out for his sister).
    I don't think there any stronger. I just think he's unrealistic and stupid. What possible motive other than petty revenge could make Chris want to take down Umbrella. Other than glory seeking or wanting to save the world?

Originally posted by Jill's Boob View Post
    And as for RE4+ Leon, I expect to see him in the future in more titles, so I am not going to throw a fit when it inevitably happens.
    I'm not the one who threw a fit. I simply said in a calm tone I was a bit depressed and Chris was in DSC and was pissed that I would have to play as him again so soon after RE5.

Then I got a bunch of replies with people throwing hissy fits at me because of my post. So I defended myself.

but just don't try to make illogical arguments on why he/she should not be in a game.
    It's not illogical to suggest a badly written character have less screen time than characters who are more realistic and better written.

The main thing here is that you are pissed off that Chris is in RECV, which no one can comprehend since he was, indeed, in RECV. And the primary reason for the events in the title. As Rosey said, a majority of the major players in the RE-verse are tied to Chris. Jill & Leon may be more popular, but Chris is the center point of the franchise.
    Mmm No. If any character could have that honor it would be Wesker.

Also saying Chris is the main character because he has more on screen appearances with the others in stupid. I am 100% percent sure they all have met. Chris and Leon have never been in the same game, yet he mentions the Kennedy report in RE5. I am pretty darn sure Claire would mention and introduce them. And same with everyone else. A lot of stuff happens off screen.

Do you no longer replay RECV or RE5, just because Chris is present?
    Expect a heavily abridged version of RE2 & RECV....[/QUOTE]

I no longer play RE5 because it outright sucks. I don't play CVX much cause the gameplay is not as good as the other classics.

I was expecting a heavily abridged version of RE2 and CVX. So much altered in fact that Chris would be removed.

Comment

• Chris cannot be removed from RECV. It would be like Jill being removed from the RE3 scenario. Sure, Carlos can make his way through Raccoon City on his lonesome but it doesn't make very much sense. There was never a reason to remove it, even. Especially given that Capcom has completely focused on the Chris and Wesker dynamic for the RE games. Your opinion may be that he's been over explosed, but it's no more so than Jill or Leon. And since he was in the game and played a vital role..

Unless there is a good reason Jill or Rebecca should not appear in DSC. There's no reason for them to be there, really. This game is clearly focused on the non-S.T.A.R.S side of things and, aside from Chris who, again, needs to be there to make the CV scenario anyway decent the game is mostly gonna be the Leon show. If there is a fourth scenario we don't know about I'd much rather it had Claire or Sherry in it.

I also don't understand why people believe there must be a fourth scenario because UC had four scenarios. Three of those scenarios were based on the games, and this one only has two games. After all, there is another possibility...that they don't intend to fuck the story up nearly as much and intend to extend each game's section. Say four areas per game/scenario and three sub chapters each. That would make up the difference and with less compression the titles may even resemble the games they are based on.
      Last edited by Darkmoon; 08-21-2009, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• When have I ever done that Rosetta? I always use facts as much as I can. And I do add my opinions into a heated argument or debate. Just how you add needless insults to yours.
        Do you want me to show you what your arguments are like?
        INSULTS!!!
        That is your argument usually.
        I think some opinions work better in a debate than just hurling insults at the other person because you disagree with them.
        That's just it....another fine example of your failure to understand what I said. "Opinions don't belong in a debate when you should be using facts." You cannot argue against someone's personal opinion. Well you can...but it just brings up more situations that always seem to pollute the air whenever you get started in them. People can argue which games have the better graphics and controls, over what game uses the most innovation and pushes the limits of its time to the fullest. You can't argue that you like a character better than another because it is a personal preference. There is no fact to it. "I like Annette because she is a bit of a crazed scientist that neglects her child, but at the end of the day she still wants to protect her daughter." "Well I think that's stupid and Annette was poorly written." "I disagree and think she was very well written for the amount of time she was used." "Well I don't! So there! STOP BELITTLING MY OPINION!" That's basically how things usually wind up with you. That is exactly what this entire argument is about. Most people are happy to see Chris, as he was a major figure in CV. You and one other person have posted your distaste for Chris and are annoyed he is returning...to a game he should very well be in.

You bring out the worst in people because you trump your opinion over theirs. I'd use a few examples from the religion topic where many people were giving you facts, and you bluntly ignored them and kept making the same uneducated responses about things.

And yes....you did claim you were depressed Chris was in the game, and in the exact same post you said it pissed you off, which means you were offended.

I think you are wrong. Seeing as how you were unable to see a shred of character in any RE protagonist when I saw a decent amount.
        Kid, like I said before...I think my ability to understand a character and a situation is a bit better than yours. But now, once more, it has gotten into an argument of you making a personal assumption about me and me with a rebuttle. You were the first to idiotically claim I don't understand any of the characters. So stop trying to insult my intelligence. You are failing terribly. Aside from me making arguments against your precious Jill and moronic statements about Chris, I don't think I've ever delved into how I feel about the other characters. Yes, I said Claire and Rebecca were unrealistic. Did I mention anything else about their personalities? No. So once more...stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Chris, after narrowly escaping the mansion alive. Willingly decided to put himself back in the same situation again mere days later deciding to go to Umbrella Europe. Then goes to Rockfort and Antarctica, then Russia and a whole lot of other places and makes the BSAA. Who does this? No one. After the mansion incident, any normal person would have had nightmares afterwards for months, the sheer thought of going through it again would terrify them. It's like Chris is just one huge plot device to further the story while the other characters are the realistic ones.
        Because that is part of Chris's domineering personality. Supposedly he was discharged from the Air Force because he was trying to help a friend and stubbornly disobeyed orders to do so. As for you questioning "Who really wants to fight evil after they lived through something traumatic?" Um....hello? Look the fuck around you and stop being blind. People are doing it every single fucking day. A child gets abused and grows up to help speak out against the action. Parents lose their kids to drunk drivers and they push for harder laws for DUI violaters, etc. You seriously have to be blind to think it is unrealistic for someone like Chris, who has already been shown to be a guy that cares strongly for his friends, to go on to continue to fight against bioterrorists, especially when Jill is doing the exact damn thing.

Jill was a fucking plot device for RE5. "Let's use her supposed death as a marketing tool! Let's show her gaping vag lips! Let's make her look exactly like a character we created in another game! Let's give her about 3 minutes of actual screen time before shooing her off again!" Jill before RE5 was also a plot device. Everyone, at one point, is a plot device.

I mean, Jill, she was realistic. She stayed in Raccoon, keeping quite and staying low, we have seen pics of her sitting in her bedroom thinking deeply. Obviously still in aftershock, trying to get over it. We see her walking through the city streets alone. She doesn't go on some stupid BS revenge on Umbrella thing. She tries to get back to her normal life. She resigns from Stars, and keeps tabs on Umbrella's activities. And she records things in her diary. She is realistic! She does things how any normal person would. In RE3, Jill's narration during the opening and the beginning show that she has no idea how she is still alive. How she managed to survive the first few days of the Outbreak. She was clearly terrified about the Outbreak. I mean she was holed up in a warehouse looking out of the windows like a madwomen with Dario in the first section of RE3.
        You don't even know about your favorite character. Jill just wasn't sitting around in Raccoon trying to live a normal life again. She was staying there to continue her anti-Umbrella activities. Chris went abroad, Barry moved his family out of Umbrella's reach, and Jill stayed behind. We don't see her doing anything BUT moping about Chris doing research on Umbrella without her. She isn't walking around sullenly, she's seen in several pictures with her holding a gun sitting on a bed. You've seriously built up some delusion that Jill is something she most certainly is not. She wasn't holed up in the warehouse for several days. She simply started her game there.

I thought you said before that Jill only received training akin to that found in Delta Force? And what's wrong with a female doing that? Jill surviving and the virus inside her has nothing to do with her character or motives or anything. She didn't choose to be infected.

Claire is a realistic character in terms of her personality and traits. CVX's opening was out of place.

Same with Rebecca.
        I never said Jill's training was akin to Delta Force. Her bio in RE3's instruction manual says straight out that she was trained in Delta Force, not something similar. "With her experience training in the US Delta Force, she is one of the survivors...etc" is the exact quote from the text. And if you know anything about military, it is that very few women make it in special forces, especially at such a young age. It's sexist, yes, but I have several close friends that are Marines, and they have told me first hand about how difficult things are for women.

And again....you failed to read exactly what I said. I said Jill's body magically recovered from her wound from Nemesis. I was being sarcastic, obviously, when saying it was due to the magical healing powers she had.

I don't think there any stronger. I just think he's unrealistic and stupid. What possible motive other than petty revenge could make Chris want to take down Umbrella. Other than glory seeking or wanting to save the world?
        You claim Chris's reasons are cliched, and that he's only glory seeking....and yet you have no reasons to say why Jill is better? Other than that...*gasp* She was following Chris. Again...I don't know if anyone else sees how backwards that sounsd, or if you're the only one that keeps missing it. If Chris is doing something cliche, and Jill is simply going along with him because she's his buddy, that isn't exactly keen writing on her personality either when she is simply following the leader (out of caring for him).

I was expecting a heavily abridged version of RE2 and CVX. So much altered in fact that Chris would be removed.
        You were "expecting" an abridged version. Even a heavily abridged version would have included Chris, if only having him swoop in in the end to save Claire and fly her away. You complain that Barry was left out of UC, and yet the game included another STARS member that proved to be interesting in his own right: Richard. Having Barry would have made UC a bit better, there's no denying that. But there are a great many things that would have improved that game. The RE3 chapter had to be the absolute worst pile of shit in that game. Small town Raccoon City suddenly has a subway, Nicholai and the rest of anything have any connection to the plot aside from Jill, Carlos, and Nemesis were removed (which makes me question why you'd think taking out a real major character would be a good idea), the Carlos and Jill fight and beat Nemesis on the RPD roof. Again...if you wanted an abridge version of CV, I doubt anyone would enjoy it, aside from you of course. You were WANTING Chris to be removed, it seems, and are upset that he was not. Why would Capcom, aside from your unfounded claims that Chris is overexposed, remove Chris from a game he was in? As many people have already said...it doesn't make sense. Unlike Barry, he was actually playable. He had a key role. Removing him simply does not add up.

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
        Chris cannot be removed from RECV. It would be like Jill being removed from the RE3 scenario. Sure, Carlos can make his way through Raccoon City on his lonesome but it doesn't make very much sense. There was never a reason to remove it, even. Especially given that Capcom has completely focused on the Chris and Wesker dynamic for the RE games. Your opinion may be that he's been over explosed, but it's no more so than Jill or Leon. And since he was in the game and played a vital role..

Unless there is a good reason Jill or Rebecca should not appear in DSC. There's no reason for them to be there, really. This game is clearly focused on the non-S.T.A.R.S side of things and, aside from Chris who, again, needs to be there to make the CV scenario anyway decent the game is mostly gonna be the Leon show. If there is a fourth scenario we don't know about I'd much rather it had Claire or Sherry in it.

I also don't understand why people believe there must be a fourth scenario because UC had four scenarios. Three of those scenarios were based on the games, and this one only has two games. After all, there is another possibility...that they don't intend to fuck the story up nearly as much and intend to extend each game's section. Say four areas per game/scenario and three sub chapters each. That would make up the difference and with less compression the titles may even resemble the games they are based on.
        So very, very true. We already know 2 and CV are getting chapters, and that there is something new included. From what we've seen so far, DSC is obviously going a bit more in depth in the games than UC did, which totally makes up for a lack in a fourth chapter. They are most likely going to cover more from each game, and possibly include bonus chapters. And if anyone should be in the fourth, it should be Claire. If they really are flushing the games out a bit more and will have a new chapter on par with 2 and CV, then I really dont see a reason for a fourth chapter.
        sigpic
        Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

• I agree with everything rosetta and DM said.

Originally posted by missvalentine View Post

Oh? And where is this? Other than you, News Bot and CR29, no one has made any complaints whatsoever about Jill.

I see people hate on Chris a lot.
          I too do not like Jill as alot of my friends dont either. People build her up to be something she isnt. She is the one that is "overexposed".

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosetta Mist View Post
            You don't even know about your favorite character. Jill just wasn't sitting around in Raccoon trying to live a normal life again. She was staying there to continue her anti-Umbrella activities. Chris went abroad, Barry moved his family out of Umbrella's reach, and Jill stayed behind. We don't see her doing anything BUT moping about Chris doing research on Umbrella without her. She isn't walking around sullenly, she's seen in several pictures with her holding a gun sitting on a bed. You've seriously built up some delusion that Jill is something she most certainly is not. She wasn't holed up in the warehouse for several days. She simply started her game there.

I never said Jill's training was akin to Delta Force. Her bio in RE3's instruction manual says straight out that she was trained in Delta Force, not something similar. "With her experience training in the US Delta Force, she is one of the survivors...etc" is the exact quote from the text.
            I'm not going to bother responding to all your post, you'll just ignore it and whine again.

If you had taken more notice I said Jill was keeping tabs on Umbrella's activities while she stayed there. Of coarse she was watching them. But she didn't sit there for 2 months 24/7 watching them. Obviously she would also be coming out of the shock and trying to get her life back to normal at the same time. She did her Anti Umbrella stuff, but she did it like a normal sane person.

The RE5 files say somewhere that Jill received training akin to that of Delta Force. Not sure which is canon. But probably RE5.

Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
            I too do not like Jill as alot of my friends dont either. People build her up to be something she isnt. She is the one that is "overexposed".
            All you said was you don't think she is the most popular, once.

Comment

• yes i did say that but i dont like Jill. She isnt the best character in RE her crazy fans are the ones who build her up to be something shes not which is the best character in RE and well...she isnt.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                yes i did say that but i dont like Jill. She isnt the best character in RE her crazy fans are the ones who build her up to be something shes not which is the best character in RE and well...she isnt.
                Well she earned it. And she deserves it. Just look at this.

Since her introduction Jill has been received positively, described by sources such as Duluth News Tribune as the "best super heroine this side of Lara Croft".[10] She was named as the "Sexiest Game Character" by News.com.au, which noted her popularity with both male and female gamers for different reasons.[11] GameSpy listed her as one of their top ten women of gaming at number seven, stating "Even those of us who weren't big fans of the games, and their constant ammo shortages, will remember Jill."[12]

UGO.com listed her thirty-ninth on their "Top 50 Videogame Hotties" article and as one their top eleven video game heroines, noting her as a core character of the Resident Evil series and citing her high popularity.[13][14] GameDaily named her one of their favorite Capcom characters of all time, placing her 10th on their "Top 25" list while stating praise for her Resident Evil 3 attire.[15] The sentiment was repeated in their "Top 50 Hottest Game Babes" article, which ranked her twenty-sixth on the list.[16] Several other Top 10 lists have also ranked her as one of the most attractive female characters in video games, such as Spike TV[17] and Virgin Media.[18]
                Seems Like Jill is a pretty well received character. By both males and females. Which means it must be more than her looks, must be her character and personality then. If you don't like her, fine, but don't spurt BS all over her character saying she is no better developed than Chris. Who doesn't even have a wiki page of his own. And shares it with all the other characters. Chris was never mentioned on any lists and was never mentioned to be well received.

Also Id like to add this part from Leon's character profile.

IGN has noted their preference for the character (Leon) as a male protagonist over Chris,[12] and twice named him as a character they wished to see in crossover titles, describing him as an "intimidating hero" and a "unique breed of ass kicker".
                Seems they think Leon is a much better developed and received character than Chris too.

It seems that not everyone agrees that all RE characters are badly developed, only some are. If you compare RE characters to other series, they are much better than most actually. Well from the FPS's that all the casual gamers play anyways. So yeah think what you want but your in the minority.

Comment

• shes widely known for her look in RE3 dont deny it which im pretty sure most of the male fans like.

ok so im starting to see why Rosetta said "stop putting words in my mouth"
                  where did I once say "chris was better developed"? please tell me where.

you say that Jill is not overexposed but yet she has her own Wiki page and she has been in alot more crap than chris ever has. So yeah fail.

and that Leon section was there before RE5 came out.
                  Last edited by nemesiswontdie; 08-21-2009, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• I don't see what the problem with Chris is, considering he's one of the few characters who dosen't have Multiple Personality Disorder.

Jill - RE1 Trained professional, RE3 Hooker

Rebecca - RE0 Competent, RE1 Can't shoot a gun to save her life.(literally)

Leon - RE2 Aloof and simple, RE4 Macho badass who shits lead and spouts one-liners every 5 seconds.
                    Last edited by jagger916; 08-21-2009, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by missvalentine View Post
                      Alright, well tell me, what is the reason that in no way can Jill or Rebecca possibly make any sort of appearance whatsoever in DSC?
                      Whoa... wait a second there.
                      From the very beginning of this discussion, you was the one who kept saying that Chris shouldn't be in DSC because the game is about Leon & Claire and UC was about STARS so they should be left from this game. You repeated it at least twice. It was you who tried to defy that Chris was in RECV and was an important part of the game (unlike Barry in RE1 who you like to compare Chris to) so without him the whole scenario would make no sense.

The part of my post you're quoting was an answer to you wicked logic that if Chris is in DSC then there's no reason why Jill and Becca shouldn't be in it as well. Well, Chris is in the game (and I have no idea how many times was this argument repeated in this thread) because:
                      -he was one of two main characters in original RECV,
                      -he's an important part of the story (the entire point of RECV was that Chris and Claire finally meet each other),
                      -he's an important part of RECV theme (family and siblings),
                      -he's an important character to Claire (as I've said in my previous post, only because of him Claire went to RC and to Umbrella HQ).

So now give me the single reason why Jill & Beccy should star in DSC? Both of them are completely unrelated to Leon and Claire, both weren't in RE2 nor RECV. So please tell me, other than for fan service, why should they be there?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game as I really like Jill. But it's hilarious that you can't accept Chris being in the game (even though it was obvious he would be there) and at the same time are trying to push two completely unrelated characters in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
                        shes widely known for her look in RE3 dont deny it which im pretty sure most of the male fans like.
                        She has female fans too.

And I hate it when people try to attribute all her success to her looks. If that was true then every half naked girl in God of War would be above her in popularity.

ok so im starting to see why Rosetta said "stop putting words in my mouth"
                        where did I once say "chris was better developed"? please tell me where.
                        That wasn't aimed at you Nemmy. I didn't say you said it.

you say that Jill is not overexposed but yet she has her own Wiki page and she has been in alot more crap than chris ever has. So yeah fail.

and that Leon section was there before RE5 came out.
                        Snake is in every Metal Gear game ever. He is not over exposed at all. Because he's a good character. Same as Jill. She's good. Chris is rather crappy, and gets more screen time than he deserves. Thus he is over exposed. He is exposed more than he should be. He has less personality than a side character.

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                        I don't see what the problem with Chris is, considering he's one of the few characters who dosen't have Multiple Personality Disorder.
                        No just Complete Personality Loss.

No RE character has multiple personality's.

Jill - RE1 Trained professional, RE3 Hooker
                        This is the stupidest comment in the thread. "OMG I changed my clothes I am now a completely different person with a different personality!"

Seriously.

Rebecca - RE0 Competent, RE1 Can't shoot a gun to save her life.(literally)

Leon - RE2 Aloof and simple, RE4 Macho badass who shits lead and spouts one-liners every 5 seconds.
                        There are answers to both of them if you put your mind to it.

Leon is much easier to figure out. Probably the fact that RE4 is six years after RE2 and in the RE3 epilogues he was recruited by the government. That would explain it.

Rebecca's can be explained here too. I have a few theory's regarding it. I'm gonna copy paste from something I said before about it.

I think that because she was with Billy, an Ex Marine, she felt she had back up, and felt safer. Plus she didn't know what she was up against in the first and was probably still someone in disbelief of what had happened.

By RE1 Billy was gone and she was left all alone. She now had no back up. And the reality of it all would have sunk in my then. Making her more scared, knowing that she wasn't just dreaming.

Yeah Chris was with her, but only for very small moments, and she had been in there all day and night before and alone, or just with Richard for a little while.

While in RE0 she was with Billy almost the entire time. And since we see him doing most of the combat, she must of felt some form of safety around him. And the realism possibly may not of set in yet. Or maybe she just didn't think about the danger at hand. She did her job and focused and didn't let her fears or feelings get in the way is another theory I have.
                        But when Billy left, she was all alone, and she must of had time after RE0's ending to reflect on what had just happened and reality must of set in. Maybe she came out of her daze.
                        I mean it's possible that out of sheer excitement of her first mission the sections on the train were fueled by sheer adrenaline. And after RE0 this wore off, and she begun to grow weary. She did sound a little tired in RE1.

Possibly she felt that the nightmare was never going to end and it just took it's toll on her after a while. RE0 only took place over a few small hours and she had plenty of back up, whereas in RE1 she had been out there stuck for a day without food and she was alone and scared.

Originally posted by Mr_Zombie View Post
                        Whoa... wait a second there.
                        From the very beginning of this discussion, you was the one who kept saying that Chris shouldn't be in DSC because the game is about Leon & Claire and UC was about STARS so they should be left from this game. You repeated it at least twice. It was you who tried to defy that Chris was in RECV and was an important part of the game (unlike Barry in RE1 who you like to compare Chris to) so without him the whole scenario would make no sense.

The part of my post you're quoting was an answer to you wicked logic that if Chris is in DSC then there's no reason why Jill and Becca shouldn't be in it as well. Well, Chris is in the game (and I have no idea how many times was this argument repeated in this thread) because:
                        -he was one of two main characters in original RECV,
                        -he's an important part of the story (the entire point of RECV was that Chris and Claire finally meet each other),
                        -he's an important part of RECV theme (family and siblings),
                        -he's an important character to Claire (as I've said in my previous post, only because of him Claire went to RC and to Umbrella HQ).

So now give me the single reason why Jill & Beccy should star in DSC? Both of them are completely unrelated to Leon and Claire, both weren't in RE2 nor RECV. So please tell me, other than for fan service, why should they be there?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing them in the game as I really like Jill. But it's hilarious that you can't accept Chris being in the game (even though it was obvious he would be there) and at the same time are trying to push two completely unrelated characters in the game.
                        Fine, fine! I no longer wish to argue this. But I'm not changing my opinion on the matter. I'm just dropping it.

Comment

• You fine ladies need to chill on this, I don't care who started this but drop this silly argument now! This is a discussion for DSC and not an argument board! It ain't healthy arguing, just forgive and forget! Peace
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-21-2009, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be better, rather than having Jill or Rebecca in the game, to instead have Claire or Sherry take a larger role in a fourth mission? Chris has to be in the game otherwise the CODE: Veronica section makes no sense and would be worse than RE3. But raming in Jill or Rebecca when other characters could take a moment to shine seems silly. It's not as though Jill wasn't in three out of four of the UC sections or something. Of course, that's assuming there is a fourth section and that the other sections aren't longer with a better plot than UC was...

...wait, I've already said all this. And was completely ignored. Along with saying other things and being completely ignored. I'd be a sad panda but I have this happen fairly often.

Comment

• This is the stupidest comment in the thread. "OMG I changed my clothes I am now a completely different person with a different personality!"
                              The thing is no trained professional would wear that in a crysis. No holster, a mini skirt, and a halter top do not make good survival wear.
                              Leon is much easier to figure out. Probably the fact that RE4 is six years after RE2 and in the RE3 epilogues he was recruited by the government. That would explain it.
                              Six years with the government doesn't make a person a complete macho cliché.

That being said I like most of the characters in RE.('cept Leon)

Seriously.
                              Last edited by jagger916; 08-21-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                                Wouldn't it be better, rather than having Jill or Rebecca in the game, to instead have Claire or Sherry take a larger role in a fourth mission? Chris has to be in the game otherwise the CODE: Veronica section makes no sense and would be worse than RE3. But raming in Jill or Rebecca when other characters could take a moment to shine seems silly. It's not as though Jill wasn't in three out of four of the UC sections or something. Of course, that's assuming there is a fourth section and that the other sections aren't longer with a better plot than UC was...
                                Your right, your 100% right.

But still, if there are side missions there is no reason to not include an early Jill and Chris BSAA mission. And something with Rebecca since we haven't seen her since RE1. And Barry too.

Originally posted by jagger916 View Post
                                The thing is no trained professional would wear that in a crysis. No holster, a mini skirt, and a halter top do not make good survival wear.
                                Your right. No trained professional would be sent on a mission like that.

But...

Your forgetting Jill resigned from Stars and was caught in the Outbreak unawares like everyone else in the city. Just cause she's a cop doesn't mean she got some early warning system about viral outbreaks. She was caught completely off guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X