The Darkside Chronicles: Guess The "Mystery Lady" Name Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Darkside Chronicles: Guess The "Mystery Lady" Name Contest

Capcom has officially revealed the mystery lady, and in case it isn't obvious, it has been confirmed that she will appear in the new storyline of the game.

Not only that, but Capcom-unity is holding a small contest, and they want to listen to your guesses of the name of the mystery lady. The top 3 most "inventive" guesses will be awarded one of those fancy zombie head t-shirts.

Check out the link:

Capcom-unity's "Guess the Name" contest

Their entry clearly says "I would like to show you a brand new character to the Resident Evil series."

So that means people will be guessing it is Sheva or Sherry up until the game is released.

In that case, I will guess her name is Redna Herringsly.
    Last edited by Jill's Boob; 08-19-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I put my money down on "Bob."

[sage nod]

Comment

Someone on Capcom Unity suggested she should be named Elza Walker... I agree, it's not our RE 1.5 heroine but it would be a bit of fan service, and at least I'll put the character on the game's story before it reboots.

"I miss the days when we just cared how cool an enemy was rather than critiquing and analyzing everything to death." - Shield Key

Comment

Guess the name? Meaning, she already has a name? What the hell is the point, then? Would totally be more interesting if we were allowed to name her or something. Which, in that case, I would totally submit "Elza Walker."

Comment

Barryiana Burtolina.

Comment

Prestigia Bella. Lawl prefixes.

Comment

Originally posted by A-J View Post
                Barryiana Burtolina.
                LOL

Rosalinda Cruz
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                  Guess the name? Meaning, she already has a name? What the hell is the point, then? Would totally be more interesting if we were allowed to name her or something. Which, in that case, I would totally submit "Elza Walker."
                  The competition was to make the fans talk about the game and keep the hype going. The game is develop by Capcom Japan. I doubt Capcom USA have any participating power in the development of the game despite under the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor View Post
                    The competition was to make the fans talk about the game and keep the hype going. The game is develop by Capcom Japan. I doubt Capcom USA have any participating power in the development of the game despite under the same company.
                    Yes, that I obviously do get, but it seems like the most random competition for them to come up with. Though, I guess it is working, because I'm intrigued by the statement: "There is a brand new storyline which will tie everything together..."

I wonder exactly how Leon and Krauser being in South America will "tie everything together." I'm definitely excited for Krauser's return, but I wonder just how much this scenario will progress the storylines related to RE2 and CVX. When we first heard about it, I thought of it more as a character exploration for Krauser (or just an excuse to reuse material they already have), but it seems they are doing far more with it, which I'm glad. I just hope it's something clever and not a poorly thrown together conclusion like that of the "Umbrella's End" scenario in UC.

Comment

I hope Krauser will have the same voice actor like he had in RE4!!! I believe his is Jim Ward
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Helena XD

Comment

Originally posted by xdeadpan View Post
                          Though, I guess it is working, because I'm intrigued by the statement: "There is a brand new storyline which will tie everything together..."
                          Don't get your hopes up, as it is probably just referring to the unknown history of Leon and Krauser that was hinted at in RE4.

Remember, this is still the same franchise with gaping plot holes and many, many unfulfilled promises.

Whenever they imply that loose ends will be tied up, or some sort of grand resolution, the result never, ever meets the wild speculations/expectations of the fanbase.

Comment

I think that's because a lot of times said expectations tend to be too much. Not that I think they ever really let us down, but when people wish too much about something, of course they're usually let down at the end result.

Leon and Krauser's storyline I'm expecting. Though I hope they toss something into that that connects to something else in the RE-world. They COULD do that, they MIGHT do that, I hope they DO do that myself. But ... yes, I'm probably not gonna cry forever if they don't, since at least they're adding something new either way.

Comment

Her name is obviously Bon Qui Qui

Comment

Working...
                              X