131 Deaths in Resident Evil 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 131 Deaths in Resident Evil 5

I've been working on a video for quite some time now that would showcase as many possible death scenes/conditions in Resident Evil 5. I'm happy to report that I've just finished that project earlier today and the video is now up on Youtube for viewing. In total, I achieved 131 deaths in the game. Now its not all of them. Since I was forced to play with the AI, certain deaths were difficult if not impossible. One of those I am missing is the Adjule tentacle toss. But what follows should be the most comprehensive video of death scenes in Resident Evil 5.

I'll have the video up on THIA shortly, but for now please check it out at the youtube links below. Be warned, its a long one! Clocking in at nearly 21 minutes, you'll want to get in a comfy chair when viewing. Tribal Sheva is in full effect to hold your attention throughout the video.

A huge thanks to Christopher Lee Donovan for allowing us to use his music entitled "Space Pop Victory (Tony vs. Paul Theme)". You may recall the music since it was used in the very popular stop motion video Tony Vs. Paul. You can check out Christopher's other works at his Myspace page or his personal website.

With that out of the way, here are the Youtube links. All should be available in HD on Youtube by tonight.
    Resident Evil 5 131 Deaths HD Part 1
    Resident Evil 5 131 Deaths HD Part 2
    Resident Evil 5 131 Deaths HD Part 3

I'm also happy to report that progress is going great on the new site design. Some of you may have heard that Ice and I are once again teaming up to work on a final version of THIA. So it should be like the good old days here soon. Minus all the waiting for actual content pages, of course. With this video out of the way, it clears the path for me to work on the site again, so enjoy everyone!
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-22-2009, 07:00 PM.

Hearing Sheva's death screams never get old. XD And I'm intersted to see what you have in store for the site's future.

edit- You know...watching these all strung together really does show how silly and censored the death scenes are. When Sheva has enough strength to shove the licker's tongue off of her neck, and then screams and falls to the floor dead...they could have done so much better. And killing Jill is always amusing as well. Her screams are pretty entertaining, but Sheva's are still so much better.
    Last edited by Bertha; 08-22-2009, 07:09 PM.
    sigpic
    Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

;)

If I'm missing anything, lemme know please. I know I already missed Adjule's tentacle hit, and ANUDDA PIPE (probably the biggest omission). Any others?

Comment

A lot of these scenes (like the licker tongue deaths etc) had great potential to be gore fodder ala RE4, too bad they wimped out on it this time around. The chainsaw doesn't even decap anymore .. that's just wrong.

The Complete Global Saturation death scene is by far the best one in the game, followed by the bike-chain-dragging death for Chris.
        Last edited by A-J; 08-22-2009, 07:13 PM.

Comment

The chainsaw scene from the demo to final is totally different too. In the demo, it focuses on you for a while. On retail, its a straight chop.

Comment

Actually saw a death I never got in the game...and that was during the fight with Irving where he grabs you with the tentacle and then eats you (48). Also...death via flash grenade is pretty crappy.

And I have to agree that there is a lack of creativity...some of these death are little more than just changing out what gives the final blow. They die the exact same way whether they are being blown apart by dynamite, hacked to death by majini, or being burned alive. There's actually one a small number of really interesting death scenes.
            Last edited by Bertha; 08-22-2009, 07:16 PM.
            sigpic
            Are you tired, Rebecca?

Comment

Haha, I wish I got that timed right. I don't think it would happen though. I just died from blood loss from the AK hit and the flash went off at the right time XD.

Looks like HD is available on part 1 now
              Edit: all of em
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 08-22-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I think they were less focused on 'creative' death scenes this time around due to the co op nature of the game... A lot of the death animations in RE4 were triggered when an enemy hits you with a certain kind of attack when you have a certain amount of health left - But in RE5 the emphasis is on saving your partner and reviving them before they die, so it seems they ommited a lot of those kind of deaths because of the teamplay aspect, which is a shame. RE5 is the only game in the series thus far to get given an 18 rating by the BBFC, even though RE4's gore was far more extreme. It's probably to do with the graphics being more realistic and the violence therefore seeming more real.

Also Dot, a couple of things - What is the Adjule Tentacle Throw death? I don't think i've ever seen that. Also, i have definitely seen the lengthier chainsaw death in the main game. There's some videos of it happening on youtube in Mercs mode. I think it depends on what you are doing at the time, wether you are moving or standing still... Try it on amateur and see if it's possible.

My favourite death is the licker heartstab. It looks pretty brutal, you can see a nasty hole in Sheva's chest and blood flowing out of several facial orafaces... Jawesome.

Comment

I'm not even sure if the Adjule tentacle is a special death scene. It could just be that it stabs you and you fall down (most likely). I saw it do it to Chris a couple times, but NEVER to me. They'd always just eat my head off.

The licker stab was so hard to get with the AI. I tried it around 30 times and never got it. I finally threw on the melee vest and bulletproof and got them to jump me like that nearly non stop. So maybe its a quirk with the game.

Comment

Wow, you and Ice working together again! Can't wait to see the new site! Looking forward to it!!!
                    http://www.residentevildatabase.com
                    Follow us on Twitter: @residentevildb

Comment

Yes, RE4 is definitely more brutal with its death scenes. Hell, even getting hit with an axe sounds/looks more sickening in RE4 than in RE5 for some reason. At least it does when I play.

I'd be a little more tolerable of RE5's rather generic and unrealistic deaths if it they'd at least kept the chainsaw death uncensored. 'Tis a shame.
                      A man chooses...a slave obeys.

Comment

I have to say, I think 87, 32/114, and 53 will always be my favorite ones. >< Wesker knows how to dish it out. I wish the regular deaths were more...inventive or at least graphic. The Licker stab, and ones where you get EATEN are really the only different ones. I agree, RE4 had a lot more of gore. So why tone it down?

Comment

Watching that video has inspired me to play Mercenaries again. Oh, how I miss Sheva's death scream. I have never once not laughed when hearing that scream...just ask Rosetta.

Comment

Great work Dot... although I am saddened that there just isn't the level of detail and variety that was found in Resident Evil 4 with the deaths.

Edit - Also, I'd never seen Tony Vs. Paul somehow... that was also awesome.

Comment

lmao @ #48. Sheva getting squeezed to death by Irving's tentacle, all while Chris is fidgeting on the boat, doing nothing, proclaiming, "Hang on!"

#20 made me laugh, too. I love how Allison just runs off as soon as Sheva dies.

Scenes of Sheva falling are cute. Little legs flailing and all.

Some of these are absolutely gruesome (but nothing compared to RE4's). I've never seen a handful of them! Others... way too familiar to me. Brings back horrid memories of Professional mode.

Thanks for putting this together, Dot. Very fun to watch!

Comment

Working...
                              X